June IUI, lookin for cycle buddies

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

June IUI, lookin for cycle buddies

Postby pandagrl » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:11 am

Well, I'm going in for my 4th IUI tomorrow. One dominant follicle that measured 19 mm yesterday and bloodwork today shows I'm surging. This is another natural cycle though the doctor gave me the option to try a medicated cycle this time. I ovulate on my own and I did get pregnant with IUI #1 but lost it at 7 weeks :roll: . So anyway, just wanted to give it one more go before I either opt for medication or IVF.

Anyone else cycling this month and in the tww? Talk to me :wink:
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: June IUI, lookin for cycle buddies

Postby KKac » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi! I just had my first IUI today and am officially in the 2WW....torture! Wish I had more patience!
KKac
Friend

Postby MaggieMcT » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi hi, also hoping for our first IUI this month after two years of trying! I also ovulate on my own, but my fertility clinic suggested clomid anyways, and I've just taken my last dose (did 100mg CD3-7). They don't typically do U/S monitoring so I have no idea how I have responded...which is making me a bit cray:) I go for blood work to look for LH surge on Saturday and then every day after until its detected, with IUI the following day. No trigger.
Good luck!!
MaggieMcT
Friend

Postby pandagrl » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi KKac and MaggieMcT! Wishing you both luck with your IUIs. I guess it's too early to discuss possible symptoms as KKac you just had yours today and Maggie and I haven't even had ours yet, lol. TTC is such an annoying waiting game. You're either waiting to ovulate or waiting until you can test for pregnancy, ugh so frustrating! But totally worth it. Baby dust to you both!
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KKac » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:18 am

Good Luck with your IUI today Panda!
KKac
Friend

Postby pandagrl » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:49 am

thanks! it went really well! it was actually the best IUI experience I've had so far. it was with my favourite nurse who is super awesome and funny and let me lay there for a while after while she answered all of my fertility questions. it helped me to feel much more relaxed and comfortable than i have in the past. so fingers crossed!

how is everyone else doing?
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby MaggieMcT » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:29 am

So glad it went well! It makes such a difference having a good healthcare team. Now lets hope it worked!!!
MaggieMcT
Friend

Postby MaggieMcT » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:55 pm

How is everybody feeling? No surge yet for me, so back for more BW tomorrow. Hope all is well with everyone else!
MaggieMcT
Friend

Postby Sophie_87 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:30 am

Morning all, I'm on 3dpiui. Wish I knew what was going on in there!

I'm having a natural cycle with the injection 40hours prior to ensure ovulation. I have 2 children from a previous relationship who were conceived naturally. We found out last year my partner has azoospermia so using donor sperm.

Fingers crossed it works and good luck to you ladies xx
Sophie_87
Friend

Postby pandagrl » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:55 am

Hi Sophie_87 and welcome, I'm 3dpiui today too. Also a natural cycle. I had really high hopes that this would be the one but my temperature went back down today so I'm feeling very bummed out. It looked like my temperature spiked yesterday which would be consistent with ovulation within 24 hours of my IUI but my temp dipped back down today so now I'm wondering if I've even ovulated yet :(? This is so frustrating. The nurse that administered my IUI said that I was for sure about to ovulate based on my hormone levels and my doctor hates temperature charting because she finds it too imprecise but I still do it. It gives me a pretty good idea of when I've ovulated and I find it's rarely wrong though I can't necessarily tell the exact day. Ugh. I'm so annoyed right now.

I wish I took a trigger shot! I have mentioned this to my doctor before and she seems to think its unnecessary for me to trigger on a natural cycle because we know that I ovulate on my own after my surge. But I feel like maybe we could control the timing a bit better if I triggered. I'm trying not to obsess over this right now but I can't help it.

My pre-ovulation temp is usually in the low 97s, after I O it jumps to high 97s and low 98s. So yesterday it spiked to 97.7 but this morning it was down to 94.4. Does anyone else here chart their temperature?
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Sophie_87 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:04 am

Hi pandagrl, I have never charted my temp and wouldn't really know what to expect if I started. Try not to worry though, hard I know!
I had the injection because I hadn't surged by Wednesday so went into clinic. They did u/s and found my dominant follicle had grown to 19mm with a couple more slightly smaller. I then did the injection on Thursday night and went in for the iui Friday lunchtime. They don't do the procedure over the weekend so couldn't risk waiting for me to surge naturally. I'm glad we're on the same day/cycle!
How's everyone else doing?
Sophie_87
Friend

Postby MaggieMcT » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi Sophie and Panda. So excited for both of you that you've had your IUI already! Panda, I totally understand the impulse to obsess over timing. I'm doing that now and I haven't even had my IUI yet. I really think that blood work showing your surge, combined with a lovely mature follicle at 19mm is more reliable than a single temperature reading. That being said, I completely understand your worries. I used to temp religiously and just had to stop because it was getting to be too much. I didn't like my very first thought every day being what was going on in my uterus, and an unexpected temperature could throw me off all day.

Went for my second BW today and still no surge. I also wish I triggered, makes it feel like more of a sure thing that we will catch the egg!

Quick Q. Did either of you have estradiol levels drawn AND follicle count and size tracking? I'm just wondering what my estradiol levels mean in terms of my mystery follicles.
MaggieMcT
Friend

Postby Sophie_87 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi Maggie, in all honesty I don't really know what estradiol is, sorry don't feel like I know much! Also not sure if they do things differently depending where you are, I'm in the uk.

I had base line test done via bloods followed by internal u/s to check ovaries, lining of the uterus etc. All was fine including the bloods which showed various hormone levels (fsh / lh). I went in for another scan to start tracking follicles on cd10 and back in a couple of days later. I had the shot to ensure ovulation as i would probably have ovulated over the weekend when they don't do procedures. Good luck for the next few days with your ovulating/follicles, sending lots of baby dust your way.

I'm 3dpiui and cramps are the worst today. How's things with you today pandagrl?
Sophie_87
Friend

Postby ttwinkle22 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi All! So excited to have some buddies here. I just had my second IUI today with Clomid/Letrazole/trigger shot. They saw 2 good follies on the u/s yesterday. Keeping fingers crossed! Wishing everyone luck for this cycle!
ttwinkle22

Postby Sophie_87 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi twinkle and welcome! Good luck xx
Sophie_87
Friend

Next

Return to IUI