7dpiui and can't stop thinking - going crazy!

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

7dpiui and can't stop thinking - going crazy!

Postby sdham » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:33 am

I am going crazy over here. 7dpiui and cannot stop thinking and analyzing everything. My cramps/pressure in my lower abs have not let up the entire time.
I am praying implantation has or will occur soon. I am already going against my promise to myself not to test early but by Sunday I'm thinking I might test.
Anyone else at 7 days post IUI like me?
sdham
Friend

Re: 7dpiui and can't stop thinking - going crazy!

Postby alees.242 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:34 pm

I did do my IUI on Friday so I am 4dpIUI. It went pretty well - Hubbies washed count was 28 million which is great!

Pretty sure i am out this month though..

Still haven’t had a temp rise - which is crazy because I ovulate every month and I’ve never had this issue before. Also crazy because my OPK was positive the day before my IUI and now its negative which you would think would mean I ovulated, but my temps say otherwise! ALSO i am on day 17 of my cycle and I never ever ovulate past day 15 - even on clomid.... I wonder if that means I am not going to ovulate this month?? Anyway. Just trying to stay busy. Hubby and I have been BD every day since my IUI until I get that surge I am waiting for. Just don’t want to miss it… even though my hopes are basically diminished! Had a good cry about it. I am lucky my hubby is very supportive – but I can tell he is disappointed as well.

Gearing up and trying to mentally prepare for my next cycle! Still holding onto a little glimps of hope!! It’s so hard not to get discouraged during all of this!! It’s so stressful!

Side note: I am concerned I may have an infection or something.. I have been having off and on cramping in my lower abdomen as well since the procedure (4 days now) are you experiencing the same?
alees.242
Friend

Postby alees.242 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:36 pm

I also have been feeling a lot of pressure and some gas actually which I am assuming is causing the pain! I dont know! Sending baby dust your way sdham!
alees.242
Friend

Postby sdham » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Hi alees.242. WOW 28mil? that is amazing. My husband had 7.5mil both days. We are both 40 so I'm sure that has something to do with it. They said the ideal is 5mil so I was happy with the 7.5.
I had IUI's back to back. They told me to do my trigger shot of Ovidrel on Sunday the 12th. I have been using progesterone suppositories since Tuesday night as well. Did you do the shot or progesterone?
I can't tell if the hormone is what is causing side effects. Most likely. the pressure and feeling across my lower abs has not let up since last Tuesday. I forgot to track my temps but started today to see where it was and I was 98.53.
I'm due for my period next Wednesday and have my apt for blood work Tuesday. I can't take the waiting. I might have to test early on Sunday so I'm prepared. baby dust to you too!!!!
sdham
Friend

Postby alees.242 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:58 pm

sdham - Yes we heard anything over 5mil was considered excellent so we were very happy when we were told 28mil! I am in Canada and the procedure here is a lot different. They do not let you do trigger shots, progesterone or cycle tracking unless it is necessary (3 failed IUI's)all we can do is OPK! its hard for me because I often times get a light line on those kits for over a week and its never really as dark as the control line even when it is positive so its basically just a crap shoot and a big guessing game! Last month I was sent for blood tests and they confirmed I ovulated so its happening, tracking is just stressful!
I am also feeling pressure in my abdomen! I wonder if its just a side effect of the IUI in general? 98.53 is a great temp! I am sure you ovulated and the progesterone is nice and high!! I would not be able to wait either! I say test after 10 or 11DPO! see what happens!! Maybe both of our bodies are preparing for implantation! hahah!
alees.242
Friend

Postby sdham » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:16 am

It's weird how it's different in Canada vs US. I live in Philadelphia. I know it must be so stressful. I was tracking my OV and temps for about 6 months before going to a fertility doc.
I'm glad I did b/c they found I had polyps and endometriosis. I underwent a hysteroscopy and laporoscopy at the end of April. It was good to clear all the "bad stuff" out.
Everything seems to be working. It just needs to STICK! It's been tough b/c my little sister is 5 months pregnant with her first. Nothing like having it right in your face all the time.
It's a constant reminder. I am so happy for her though. I'll have my first niece in November:) I feel better today 8dpiui. My cramps aren't as bad. I don't even feel any PMS signs so I'm worried.
I might test on Sunday night to prepare myself for Tuesday's blood test. It will be hard to find out while at work and then go about my day. Happy 5dpiui:)
sdham
Friend

Postby MaggieMcT » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:37 am

Hi all, also 7dpiui, also overanalyzing EVERYTHING (gas, bloating, every little twinge), also in Canada!

Sdham, I feel you. My best friend is due today (!!! so exciting) and my sister-in-law, who I am very close to, is due in August. I also work in maternity care, so it feels like the only conversations I ever have are about other people's pregnancies, haha.

My partners post-wash count was 38 million, which we were thrilled with. On the other hand, we had wondered about MFI in the past (he had an SA that wasn't processed properly and showed very low motility), which would actually have meant that IUI has higher chances of success than it does now that we are officially "unexplained". Kind of a weirdly ambivalent piece of information, as it turns out.

I'm also trying to decide if I want to test early. It's hard because negatives are SO hard, but maybe I want a little bit of warning before a negative serum beta or negative HPT on day 14. What are you guys thinking? Everyone feeling OK?
MaggieMcT
Friend

Postby alees.242 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Everything on my end is going ok 5dpiui. I have less cramping today, but definitely still feeling it. I am still really gassy and bloated. other then that feeling ok! trying to think positive!

Glad to hear you found out what the issue was sdham! I know it was probably stressful but at least you had a reason and should be good to go now! My hubby and I did all the tests and its just "unexplained" to me sounds like an excuse to not do more tests hahah!
the only med I was on this cycle was 100mg of Clomid days 3-7. second cycle of clomid, first IUI. I dont know if what I am feeling is normal from an IUI or not! I am getting mixed info online! lots of women do the trigger shot, but my Dr doesnt think its necessary for me.
Just trying to stay positive and keep my mind off of it.

My brother and sister in law are having their first in December so I can totally relate with it being in your face! We are so thrilled for them and cant wait to have a new nephew to spoil! but its frustrating because we have been trying for 3 years now and they only had to try for 4 months! We would love it if our kids were close in age! I am to the point when I hear people are pregnant I cry! its just getting to be really stressful and emotional when you just want something so badly!

38mil is great! I would for sure be excited about that!! You should request a redo on the SA!

Completely agree with testing early - I bought cheapies online so I will likely start testing every day or 2 starting the 27th (10dpiui) I cant handle the waiting! I am sure it will show negative but I am not patient at all! haha!

how are you ladies feeling today??
alees.242
Friend

Postby alees.242 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:12 pm

Sticky Beans Ladies!!!!
alees.242
Friend

Postby sdham » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:03 am

Hi everyone. Thank you for your notes. We all are united in a common end but all have different stories and journey's. Today I am 9dpiui. Yesterday was a good day. I felt nothing. I had a little relief from any lower ab cramps/pressure. Today is a different story. Feeling super crampy, close to PMS cramps:( I think I am going to test Sunday night. It will be 12dpiui and will give me a glimpse of what's to come on Tuesday. I'm not feeling so positive about it. Already planning IUI#2 in my head. I feel sad when I read and hear of women getting to the point of tears. It's so hard when all you want is to be a mommy! I'm praying that you both have your babies soon. How are you ladies feeling today?
sdham
Friend

Return to IUI