August IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: August IUI

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Boatlife are you doing 50mg day 3?
I started yesterday with 50mg on day 3. Let see if i produce more than one mature folicle this cycle
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby HopingforUs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:51 am

mglupe, its sad how finances play such a huge part in all of this. "Don't stress" well good luck with that since not only are we not getting pregnant but we are draining our life savings to do it. At one point I had a talk with DH about how far we would be willing to go, how long would we drain our savings. We haven't reached our tipping point yet but another 6 months of this and I'll be ready to move on to other options. I just can't see how emptying our savings will be helpful in the long run either. Its a balance I suppose.

boatlife, I sure hope so. I'm not one to read into signs (I leave that to my best friend) but I'm supposed to test on DH's bday and my due date if I were to become pg this cycle is MY bday. All other things aside I'm just hopeful again this round. Not sure why I do this to myself but hoping makes me happy so I'm going for it.

Side note, does Progesterone make you guys have SERIOUS pregnancy symptoms while taking it? Like today (no way its actual pg symptoms) but my bbs are super super sore. I also seem exhausted while I'm on the stuff. In essence looking at signs in my TWW is dumb for me while I'm on the meds.
2013-2015, Trying without medical intervention.
March - May 2016: clomid + ovidrel, ovulation = BFN (4 times with clomid in all, continued to thin lining even with estridial)
June - July 2016: femara + ovidrel + IUI = BFN
August - Sept 2016: clomid + ovidrel + IUI = BFN
Last week in Sept 2016 to date: Informed that my BMI was too high for the clinic to perform IVF. Told to take 6 months and try to lose the weight.
HopingforUs

Postby boatlife » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:27 pm

Well ladies, I am out for this month. :cry:

Just came back from CD3 US and they said again my lining is too thick (last month it was 8.3 at CD3). They didn't give me a number today, but told me it is too thick. I go in tomorrow for a blood pregnancy test (definitely going to come back negative) and then I will start Provera? She wants to have me shed the lining of my uterus (sorry TMI), and then go back a week later for another US.

I am super frustrated and trying to stay positive, but I feel like I want to curl up, eat junk and watch Lifetime. I am hoping that this medication will help once and for all and will thin out my lining so that I can start again in October!

I will pop in and keep up with all of your ladies and I will be praying for BFPs for you all! :D
Me - 27 // DW - 34
DS - 8
IUI #1 (8/13/16) - BFN - Femara Only
IUI #2 (11/15/16)- BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #3 (12/13/16) - BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #4 (3/1/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #5 (3/31/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #6 (5/27/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #7 (8/8/2017) - .... - Femara 5mg / No Trigger
boatlife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby asiula420 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Boatlife, they know what they do. I know it can be frustrating all the side effects from meds we take. Hopefully this month will give you nice break from the craziness.
AFM- I lost weight after taking clomid. That aggravates me because it took me 6 months to gain 4lb and 2 weeks to lose it. I was always losing weight when took contraceptive too. I'm 11dpiui and 10dpo and other than being super angry today, I have no symptoms whatsoever. To add, I have less symptoms than I usually have before AF comes. So in my mind, #2 IUI might be a failure.
Miminoka - how are you feeling?

Good luck Ladies. Keep the updates going. You will hear from me this weekend after I test.
asiula420
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby HopingforUs » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:27 pm

boatlife, I have been given provera for the same thing. It will work and you will start fresh like its a whole new you again. Hopefully this is just what you need!
March - May 2016: clomid + ovidrel, ovulation = BFN (4 times with clomid in all, continued to thin lining even with estridial)
Last week in Sept 2016 to date: Informed that my BMI was too high for the clinic to perform IVF. Told to take 6 months and try to lose the weight.
HopingforUs

Postby Miminonka » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:14 pm

Boatlife, im sorry :( do you know why you have this thick lining issue? Its so frustrating when things like that come up and delay the process. I had to miss two cycles before this iui due to lack of rubella antibodies. Something so unexpected that i had not considered and yet it took two months to sort out.
Asiula, as promised - hang in there girl! Fx for your test to show BFP!
AFM - symptoms im picking up (rather non existent to be honest) are very much 'af coming' symptoms. Trying to stop noticing and just carrying on but who am i kidding? I am hoping of course.
Fx for all of you ladies
Miminonka

Postby boatlife » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:52 am

miminonka - No, they have no idea why I have this issue. AF is typically always extremely heavy and lasts a good 7-9 days, so I figured something might be going on. They mentioned endometriosis, but other than the thick lining and free fluid, I have no other symptoms. They also suggested doing a D&C and I just might if these meds do not work. What dpiui are you again? Try and stay positive - you got this girly!! FX!

Hoping - How long did you take it for? I am not really a fan of the nurses at my RE's office, especially over the phone - it's like you're bothering them when you ask questions. She just said that I would come in for a beta (today) and once that came back negative they would send the rx to the pharmacy then I would come back a week later. Is it supposed to shed all the excess lining and leave like a fresh layer that will implant easier? Part of me thinks it tried to implant (when I got spotted at 9dpiui - only cause I never, ever ever get spotting) and it didn't work because of the darn lining.

Asiula - Keeping my fx for you! :babydustb:
Me - 27 // DW - 34
DS - 8
IUI #1 (8/13/16) - BFN - Femara Only
IUI #2 (11/15/16)- BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #3 (12/13/16) - BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #4 (3/1/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #5 (3/31/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #6 (5/27/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #7 (8/8/2017) - .... - Femara 5mg / No Trigger
boatlife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby HopingforUs » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:37 am

Boatlife - Most recently I took it for two weeks before AF showed up. It really will just depend on your body how long you take it but I typically have a pretty rough af, extremely heavy, but it is typically short lived. The idea is that you will have a solid AF and it will reset everything and you start fresh with an appropriately thin lining. Many years ago I was having thickening of the lining so I took it for 3 or 4 months to get rid of everything. At the time I was having a lot of cysts and thickening of the lining. I was 21 and most definitely not trying to get pregnant so I cannot say how readily it would have helped me to get pregnant but I know it worked and after the few months on it everything had completely gone back to normal. Normal cycles, normal cramping, etc.

Oh and I cannot even call my RE's office and get someone on the phone, it goes straight to voicemail. They have a patient portal and I email them and get a response within a couple of hours. Calling is a joke. They are usually pretty mechanical in their response but I just ask the questions if they don't answer in full the first time. Sometimes you just have to force them to slow down and realize this is your first go round with something and you have no idea what you should and should not know.

I sure hope the provera works quickly for you so you aren't delayed too much but if they want to check you in a week they must not think its so thick that it will take a super long time to correct, which is great!
HopingforUs

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:03 am

Boatlife i also took prevera on one month because i was not seeing af on my usual time, it took a week after the last pill to start rf. I also did a D&C procedure in April this year to get rid of scar tissue from my previous c-section and that help alot. Everything was back two normal after two months. Although i have not got prego. Everything has been ok, now i suffer from short period less than 3 days and brown spot for 3 more days total of 6 days. Feel that is the medication.

Its feels like a set back but trust me its all going to be worth it. You want a healty bean to stick.
Chin up!! October is your month you will see by the end off the year you will be prego.
Last edited by mglupe1979 on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Miminonka » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:56 am

Boatlife - sounds like you are not alone and its not that unusual. Its a bummer re delay but i will second what others are saying - good home for a sticky bean! Lets hope meds will do the trick but i also understand considering D&C as doctor will have a look and make sure all done.
I'm 12dpiui. Still no 'special' symptoms :/ not sure whether this is good or bad. Im in same sex relationship so this iui was my first attempt to get pregnant and have no experience of tccing before. Total newbie! Im starting to stress about testing on Saturday.
Asiula, how are you holding up? Have you tested yet or waiting till tomorrow? Fx for you!
Miminonka

Postby Miminonka » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:30 am

Dear ladies, i'm out this month :( on my 13dpiui i got af. Rationally i know it was bound to happen, with small chances of success due to my age and being it first time. But emotionally - tearful and sad :(

Asiula, all hopes and fxs on you now so no pressure ;) looking forward to your update. Good luck girl.
Miminonka

Postby HopingforUs » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:04 am

Miminonka - so sorry, fingers crossed for September!!
HopingforUs

Postby Lovebove » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:17 pm

Miminonka wrote:Dear ladies, i'm out this month :( on my 13dpiui i got af. Rationally i know it was bound to happen, with small chances of success due to my age and being it first time. But emotionally - tearful and sad :(

Asiula, all hopes and fxs on you now so no pressure ;) looking forward to your update. Good luck girl.

Sorry to hear that..
Lovebove
Friend

Postby asiula420 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Miminonka- I'm sorry you feel sad and tearful. Good luck on your 2nd one.

I did test today 13dpo/14dpiui and shocker NEGATIVE. Anyhow, my real test day is tomorrow, and Sunday AF expected to arrive. I have no AF symptoms and no spotting as I always have before she comes. I had light cramping here and there but nothing as always. I think that clomid trigger, and vitex contributed to this outcome. I'm lost as I have no idea what my body does at this point. So at this time, it's waiting game for AF to come. It's pure torture, but you all know that too well.

One question - I just read from another source that clomid and vitex can't be taken together. I read before that they can. Anyone knows anything about it?

Good luck ladies !!! I'll check in again very soon.
asiula420
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby asiula420 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:11 pm

#2 IUI - THUMBS DOWN.
Off to #3 IUI and then taking break if things won't work. Planning quick vac to San Diego in October during my "best time" yet week of finals as well to apply coffee, drinks, and BD LOL to try NATURALES.
I'm curious how my doc will change the process this time around as he said we would if #2 fails.

Ladies don't feel bad for me and don't say your sorry. I'm holding my head up and moving on. Can't cry over spilled milk. Not this time then next time. Be positive.

Hugs and baby dust to all!!!
asiula420
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI