chemical pregnancy on first IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

chemical pregnancy on first IUI

Postby Juli_S » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:29 am

Hello, everyone!
First, sorry for my broken English. I live in the UK, but it's not my first language.
This is my first ever post in a forum, but I've been reading and drawing comfort from your stories for a while now. I haven't really shared the details of my TTC history to anyone except my mum, who lives quite far from us, and I've been finding it difficult not to have someone with which to vent my frustrations.
Me and my husband have been trying for a baby for 3 years now. One year ago we got a referral from our GP to investigate what might be the cause: Husband is fine and healthy. I've got PCOS and a small fibroid - but the doctors say none of that is cause of concern: my ovulation is normal, my cycles aren't that irregular and the fibroid is not located in any place that would compromise a pregnancy. So we fell on the category "unexplained infertility".
We are trying IUI first, for 3 cycles, and then IVF, one fresh, one frozen.
After 2 wasted cycles, 1 because of over-stimulation (too many follicles) and 1 because of left-over follicles, we had our first IUI last month (clomid + gonal + ovitrelle). At about 12dpiui I felt very strong symptoms of early pregnancy and we got a BFP. I tried to control myself, reasoning that there was still a long way to go, but it was difficult not feel happy inside. After 2 days, I had some spotting, and a BFN. Later on, AF arrived.
The nurse said it was a chemical (I'd never heard about that before) and that there's nothing we can do to prevent it from happening again. But it's hard not to keep thinking about everything I did between the BFP and the BFN, and try and guess what did I do wrong...
Anyway, we'll have to skip 2 more cycles (1 because of left-over follicles, 1 because of previously arranged holidays). It feels so frustrating that it's taking so long to get nowhere. Sometimes I feel cheered up again and motivated. But other times I can't help wonder that maybe one day I'll have to deal with the fact that it just won't happen...
Does anyone here have a history of success with IUI after a chemical pregnancy? It would be nice to hear some positive stories.
Thank you so much!
Juli
Juli_S
Friend

Re: chemical pregnancy on first IUI

Postby mimimama » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:52 am

I am sorry for yr losses. I can't help much with personal experiences, but have you considered doing PGS NGS?
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: chemical pregnancy on first IUI

Postby Juli_S » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:49 am

Thank you, mimimama! That's very kind of you.
I haven't heard about PGS NGS. These are procedures for IVF, right? The doctor said I should try 2 more cycles of IUI before going to IVF, since we have no explained reason for infertility and it's less invasive. I'm still waiting for the next cycle. Have you tried PGS NGS? do you think it was helpful? Maybe I should consider it if we end up having to go to IVF... Thank you for your help!
Juli_S
Friend

Return to IUI