September IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

September IUI

Postby PixieDust2016 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:35 am

I have unexplained infertility, and I had my first IUI on Clomid in July, and I found out it had worked. I was pregnant, and everything was going great. Then, I had an unexplained miscarriage at 6 weeks. I am about to start Clomid again for my second IUI, which will be in a couple of weeks, so I was hoping to be able to share this journey with more people going through IUI in September.
PixieDust2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: September IUI

Postby orangecat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi PixieDust
I am hoping to do IUI #3 in a couple of weeks as well. AF due in 5 days. I only have 1 tube so last month's IUI was cancelled due to O happening on the tubeless side:( FX for both of us this month and cycle! I will be doing letrozole on CD 2-6, ultrasound on CD 10 and 12 if needed followed by the Pregnyl HCG trigger.
Very sorry about your MC. I know how bad it sucks.
xx
Me 37
DH 39
"Unexplained Infertility" diagnosis Feb 2014
IUI- planned for May 2014
Surprise BFP April 18/2014 while waiting for IUI!
Natural miscarriage April 29/2014 - 6 weeks
IUI #1 50mg Clomid and 24 mil sperm July 4/2014= BFN
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Aug= CANCELLED due to cyst and midcycle bleed
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Oct 7/2014= BFN
2015 NOTHING
2016 New RE gives us hope
April 19/16 Ectopic Pregnancy while waiting to begin IUI again
Right tube removed
DH 3% Morphology
ME AMH 4.4PMOL (British scale)
"I may not be there yet. But I am closer than I was yesterday."
orangecat
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby bebeplease » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi PixieDust!

I'm currently on CD 15 and keeping my fingers crossed for my first IUI this month. I took Clomid CD 4-8, but only had one 10mm follicle on CD 13 so now I'm repeating Clomid 150mg on CD 13-17, then adding Gonal F on CD 18-21.
I'd love to have some others to share and chat with!
bebeplease

Postby Lovebove » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:32 am

Hi everyone

I am on cd 2 currently. Last cycle was with letrozole 2.5 cd3-7 with hcg trigger on cycle day 14 and iui on 16. Unfortunately it was not successful, as AF showed morning of beta hcg was due to be done. So starting all over again
Lovebove
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:57 am

Hi pixie welcome back, im sorry for your lost. I also got a bfn on iui for july and August. Im currently on my tww tutor if im not mistaken 4 dpo this cycle im just using 50mg clomid and estradiol no iui not monitor. Fx it works, would have been nice to know how many follicle or tickness of my lining. If it dont work im already have my apointment set up for the end of the month with injectabel and iui #6 which im not looking foward the trigger shot that makes me so sick
Good luck again, praying for a heathy sicky beans for you and that this time you go all the way to nine month.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:03 pm

Hello to all ! Back to IUI after a short break during summer (needed a little time, without the clinics, tests, to relax with DH)... Got a BFN after first try in May.
Today, CD 11... yesterday had one follicule at 16 mm, two at 14 and one at 12 !!
We're going back to the clinic first thing tomorrow. The nurse said we might not be allowed to proceed to IUI if I had more than 3 follicules that were mature so a bit taken aback by the situation, we'll see what will happen :/ Femara is apparently very efficient on me.

I wish you all health and good news ahead. I will be following this thread this month! :)
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby jojoluv377 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:37 am

Hi everyone,
I see some familiar names from July IUI forum (PixieDust2016 and mglupe1979). Pixie, I am so sorry for your loss.

So I took a break in August because of a test result scare. I was treated for Hep C last year, and my annual infectious disease results were positive for Hep C. It turns out that, I will test positive for Hep C for a long time, as long as I do not have a viral load I am good.

I took that time to relax my mind and my body from the stress of TTC. I regrouped and I am back with a positive attitude. I have also set an end date for TTC. If we do not conceive by the end of this year, I will stop treatment. We won’t stop trying, but we will let it happen without medical intervention if it is meant to happen. Until then, positive thoughts and relax my mind.

Things I have done or will do differently this cycle.
• I am not taking my temperature every morning. This was driving my crazy and causing me anxiety.
• I am eating healthier and working out. I am very over weight which is probably why I am having trouble conceiving on my own (I already have 2 children of my own and I have never had a problem conceiving).
• I am taking 2 “natural” supplements Vitex and Organic Shatavari.
• I will not obsess about this cycle (this one will be the hard one).

They found a cyst in my left ovary on CD3 but they had me start stim injections anyway although my E2 was a bit high (64 -I think-). My E2 level yesterday (CD-eight) was still 64, and there are 3 follicles all under 10mm. My next monitoring appointment is on Wednesday the 14th.

Baby dust to everyone.
jojoluv377

Postby PixieDust2016 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:08 am

Hi Ladies,
Thank you so much for responding and for letting me be a part of your TTC journey.
I'm currently on my second day of Clomid. Fingers crossed. I have a follicle check scheduled for the 19th (cd13).

In July, on CD13, I had a 22mm follicle and a 24.8mm follicle, and I was pregnant with a singleton after that. (I usually ovulate on my own, too). I had an HCG shot on CD13 and then had the IUI on CD14. I'm praying that my body responds to the Clomid well again. I'm nervous about it, but I'm trying to be optimistic again.

I'm wishing all you ladies the best outcome this month! I won't have many updates until after Sept 19th, but I'm reading all your posts and cheering for you along the way!
PixieDust2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby asiula420 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:27 am

Hi Ladies. Nice to see familiar names. I'm on cd10 and just had USG to confirm two 18mm follicles. They advised me to keep testing opk till Thursday and if "-" I'll go for trigger. I ovulate on my own, so I'd prefer not to be triggered. Had no symptoms after HCG trigger not even usual O symptoms. I requested back-to-back IUI this month. Also, I had horrible headaches after taking clomid this month and told them NEVER AGAIN. I'm working and doing my MBA and can't afford being unable to function. So I might switch to letrozole if needed later. Also, My AF was longer, and I was spotting all week like never before. Sorry for TMI. But I say it in case someone runs into changes in their system after certain meds.

Mglupe and Pixie HI AGAIN! And best of luck.
All new Ladies- thx for joining and look forward to chatting with you. Baby Dust!
Last edited by asiula420 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
asiula420
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jojoluv377 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:48 am

Hi ladies,

I have been on Follistim (injecting 275 I/U) since CD 3. In the ultrasound this morning (CD 11) they could see 4 follicles; however, they are not measurable (all under 10mm). I know it’s still early, but I would have expected some growth since my last scan on CD-eight.

I’ve read a few places that using a warm water bottle and increasing the protein intake could help with slow growing follicles.

Anybody have any suggestions?

In any case, I have to wait for my RE to call this afternoon with the results of my blood work and next instructions.

Good luck everyone.
jojoluv377

Postby orangecat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:04 am

Hi ladies
Currently CD 3. Started letrozole 2.5MG last night.

Asiula- I find the headaches on letrozole absolute murder! I only did Clomid 1 cycle and hated it as well but the letrozole headaches are no joke and far worse than I recall Clomid being:(
Me 37
DH 39
"Unexplained Infertility" diagnosis Feb 2014
IUI- planned for May 2014
Surprise BFP April 18/2014 while waiting for IUI!
Natural miscarriage April 29/2014 - 6 weeks
IUI #1 50mg Clomid and 24 mil sperm July 4/2014= BFN
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Aug= CANCELLED due to cyst and midcycle bleed
IUI #2 letrazole 2.5mg Oct 7/2014= BFN
2015 NOTHING
2016 New RE gives us hope
April 19/16 Ectopic Pregnancy while waiting to begin IUI again
Right tube removed
DH 3% Morphology
ME AMH 4.4PMOL (British scale)
"I may not be there yet. But I am closer than I was yesterday."
orangecat
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby geeky_gab » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Good evening ladies,

So - in short :

CD3 to 7 Femara : I have never tried Clomid but I did have headaches on the last days, both times I was on Femara. They usually calmed down after a strong acetaminophen..
Ovidrel was the worst last time, I was so bloated I had to wear a different set of clothes!
CD10 Pelvic echography, follicules were on their way, a potential of 4... a bit worried since it meant that the IUI could be cancelled as they do not usually proceed if more than 3 follicules are mature.
CD12, two follicules that seemed mature enough - one at 24mm and the other one at 18mm. I had the trigger at 11 p.m. on that night and the IUI was planned for today CD14.
DH's sperm count was at 25 mil so, we are optimistic about our chances... but only time will tell. He is 36 and I am 35, which brings our odds down to about 10% chance per IUI. Still better odds than without although there is no apparent reason for our infertilty at this point. We have been trying since Jan. 2015.
The nurse told us to wait until 15DPO before testing... sounds like a long TWW...

I believe that most of you still have the IUI to come, I wish you the best of luck in your procedures and, of course, for the issue of this TWW!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby PixieDust2016 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:26 am

Orangecat – I am glad your AF started so you could start your meds. I think you will be just a few days behind me in your IUI. I am very sorry for your losses as well. It is so hard. I am still really nervous about getting pregnant again.
Bebeplease – I am sorry that the first go round on Clomid didn’t work out. When are you having your next Ultrasound?
Lovebove – I wish you the best of luck on this next cycle. I think you and I will be going in around the same time. I am hoping to do IUI#2 on Tuesday.
Geeky_gab – Sounds like you are all set!  Fingers crossed for you. Now the hard part of waiting… (My 24.8mm follicle got me pregnant in July, so I think 24mm is perfect!)
Jojoluv – Hello again! Did your RE call? I am hoping they can help you come up with a plan. Hoping that the follicles will respond and grow as much as they need to! Sounds like you have a good plan in place. I hope you are doing well.
Asiula – Hello again! Sorry to hear about the Clomid side effects. I ovulate on my own as well, but I am hoping to get the trigger on Monday because that’s how I wound up pregnant the first time around, so we are hoping to stick to the plan for now. Did you get your surge?

I am on CD9 and finished my Clomid 50mg for this cycle this morning. Praying it works!
PixieDust2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sweetpeabutternut » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:59 am

Hi All,

Newbie here.

Thanks for sharing, I've had lots of questions and I've realized that I haven't asked any questions mostly because I'm a lot clueless about the entire IUI process. But thanks to ladies like you and forums like these I've had many of those questions answered.

DH & I had our first IUI attempt this month. Gonalf CD5-10, trigger CD11, IUI CD12&13 and BD and I'm on progesterone sup and I'm 7dpiui today. I know I had 'one mature enough follicle' and DH won the third testicle award according to my doctor but I'm unsure of his amounts. Now finding enough to do to distract myself until next week!

Baby dust to you all! xx
Me - 37
DH - 40
IUI #1 - September 2016 BFN
IUI #2 - Early October 2016 BFN
IUI #3 - Late OCT 2016 BFN
IUI#4 - NOV - Cancelled due to high FSH
Dec-Mar living life 8)
IVF#1 - Planned for JUNE 2017
sweetpeabutternut

Postby bebeplease » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:39 am

Well my ultrasound yesterday (CD21) showed no follicles after taking both rounds of Clomid and 4 days of gonal f. Apparently the one follicle I had was gone and they said I looked like I was at 'baseline' on the ultrasound and labs. The RE called to tell me to keep taking the gonal f for 3 more days and return on the 19th for another ultrasound. I'm so sad my body doesn't seem to be responding and I can't find any others who have had experience with taking clomid and gonal f multiple times in one cycle.
bebeplease

Next

Return to IUI