September IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: September IUI

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:28 am

Hi everyone, im on cd12 today had my folicle scan yesterday 2 follicles 30 and 24mm got my trigger shot. My lining was not as tick and nice that i wanted to see it but the doct said its in the normal range of 7mm and it have the 3 layers. Did a session of acupuncture yesterday morning and this morning before the iui hopeing that it will help a little more. Will be eating pineapple for five days starting tomorrow.
Pixi dont loose hope, test again. It might have been a faulty test. Its not over until AF show her evil face.
This journey is so hard, im losing hope. I feel that i waited to long to start trying. Im 37 will be 38 in a few months if this one does not work dont think i can continue to invest in fertility.
Baby dust to all of us. Let the tww beeing.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby PixieDust2016 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:21 am

Hi Ladies,
AF was due yesterday, and it didn't show up. I tested super negative this morning, and all my prego symptoms are gone. At this point, I'm just waiting for AF to start so I can start working on IUI #3.

I'm in my late 20s and I'm 117 lbs. We are very athletic and overall healthy. When going through fertility exams, they learned that I don't have endometriosis, I don't have PCOS, my uterus is shaped completely normally with two functioning tubes. Both of my ovaries work, and my husband has a high sperm count with good morphology. This is why we were placed on the "unexplained" category.

I did one cycle on Clomid in July - BFP. Ended in miscarriage at 6w1d. Doctor said it was probably that that particular embryo was not viable. This happens in 1 out of 5 pregnancies, and they ruled it "normal". Followed up with exams, and learned that the pregnancy mechanism was perfect, but the embryo stopped developing.

I did my second cycle of Clomid in September. I had three mature follicles, so they ruled that it worked well. BFN.

Onto our 3rd IUI we go! Best of luck to everyone on this journey!
PixieDust2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Tigerb5 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:29 am

Pixie-We are so similar! I'm a bit older in my early 30s but the DH and I are both very athletic, workout often eat fairly well. Everything checked out, cycle is regular and normal, both tubes functional, both ovaries produce eggs, DH has high sperm count and normal mobility. So we are in the 'unexplained' infertility category as well. We did our 3rd IUI in September and if this doesn't work then we will be going into in vitro. Hang in there though! The journey is long but in the end, it should be worth it!

So far, 5dpiui. No extra symptom other than being moody and extra hungry all the time. :-P What I do find interesting is that I did a poas test to see if the ovidril shot was still in my system at 4dpiui and it was negative. I noticed this on my first IUI too. My body clears it out quickly!

Hope things are going well for everyone else!!
Tigerb5
Friend

Postby jojoluv377 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:20 pm

Pixie & Tigerb - My situation is very different from the two of you. I am in my late 30's (knock! knock! almost 40), I have had children but from previous relationships. I am overweight (dare I say obese) and, I have a sedentary job. My DH also has a child from a previous marriage and has good sperm count and motility. We are also in the 'unexplained' infertility category. This is most definitely a tough and in discriminatory condition.

AFM
Wednesday 11 dpt & 10 dpiui - I wake up fine but by the early afternoon, I feel completely ill. It’s goes away (isn’t as intense) after a few hours. Most of the day I feel really warm (uncomfortably warm). I have found myself forgetting little things like names I should know and things I have to do (that is not like me at all). One of my coworkers told me today that I looked pregnant, not physically but there is an ‘glow’ about me (disclosure – she knows I’m ttc, and we have known each other of many years). I’m still moody.
The ‘glow’ could be a result of being tired and over worked. However something feels different and I hope it’s not the progesterone.

I am going to cave and test on Friday morning instead of waiting for Sunday. If these symptoms and ‘glow’ are the real thing, I should test positive starting Friday.

I am praying baby dust for all of us.
jojoluv377

Postby Tigerb5 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:30 am

Jojo- it is definitely so hard to wait! Hopefully, your test shows up positive. I think after over a year of trying I've come to hate poas tests and feeling disappointed time after time. I've managed to not test and wait until my AF shows up. It's hard but I just try to keep as busy as possible. Good luck to you though!!

So far it's 6dpiui and so far the symptoms of tender nipples and the feeling of reflux has increased. Again, just your typical progesterone/post-ovulation symptoms. I did have a weird bout of redness/itchiness yesterday morning after a shower like I was having an allergic reaction to something. I popped a Zyrtec and it calmed down a bit. Still feel a little itchy today though. Not sure what that could be... :)

Oh well, hope all you ladies are doing well!!
Tigerb5
Friend

Postby jojoluv377 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Tigerb - I'm with you, I am now scared of poas. In the past, if I poas, I already knew I was pregnant.

Quick update.

Today Thursday 12 dpt & 11 dpiui - I was queasy all day, nothing too awful. But tonight, it has been horrible I feel miserable. I am nervous about testing tomorrow since I've had so many BFN. I have been pregnant before, and this seems like the real thing. If I remember correctly, by this time in my July cycle all symptoms were gone.
jojoluv377

Postby PixieDust2016 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:59 am

Jojo- wishing that this is the real thing for you this cycle!! It really may be. This time around I knew I was out exactly because I didn't feel sick anymore after day 11-12. It seems like you have a very good chance!

Tiger- When I was pregnant, my eczema would flare up. It's usually super mild, but the itchiness after a shower may be dry skin. I got some Burt's Bees lotion for sensitive skin that really helped me! It may be worth the shot if it keeps happening! We are very similar! Crossing my fingers for you!!
PixieDust2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jojoluv377 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:23 am

Quick update - I thought I saw a very faint positive on a cheap test, but I'm not really sure. I am going to wait and test again on Sunday.
jojoluv377

Postby Tigerb5 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Oh Jojo! I have my fingers crossed for you!!! Hopefully, it's darker on a Sunday!!!

As for me, I have itchiness again today. My face feels itchy and red. I don't think I've changed anything in routine though. Nothing else new to report at 7dpiui. Just need to wait another week before I test or just wait for AF to show.

Have a great weekend ladies!!!
Tigerb5
Friend

Postby jojoluv377 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Testing on Friday was the worst idea I could have had.

I swear, as soon as I took that test, all the symptoms vanished. The only "symptom" I have is that I been moody, angry and, sad. I haven't left my room since Friday night.

I don't have much hope for a BFP tomorrow.
jojoluv377

Postby PixieDust2016 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:16 am

Hi Jojo,
I'm very sorry to hear that. Feeling moody/emotional happened to me and I knew right then I was PMSing. Unfortunately for me, AF started 4 days after that.
I'm starting my Clomid again tonight, and I have my next scan scheduled on October 18th.

I hope that you wind up with a BFP this cycle though.

Much love!
PixieDust2016
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jojoluv377 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:22 am

I tested this morning and it's a BPN.

I still have to go in for a beta tomorrow morning on my two-year anniversary. I understand why I feel angry, but I wasn't expecting to feel this way. I just don't think this is meant to be.

Thank you for the kind thoughts.
jojoluv377

Postby asiula420 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:56 am

Jojo, I'm sorry you feel that way. It is disappointing for all of us not to get BFP. Take time to be sad only to come back stronger. I cheer for you. Have a somewhat good day.
Pixie, good luck on your new cycle. Hope you won't have headaches on clomid as I did. Horrible.
Mglupe, how are you? Have you had your IUI yet?
Tiger, you are half way through. How's your itchiness? Any new symptoms?

AFM, I'm finishing my letrozole tonight. No headaches, feeling good. On Tuesday morning I'm scheduled to check my follies. Also, yesterday I got letter from my insurance that starting in January, I'll have infertility coverage (listed only IUI but I take it. Better this than nothing). That was truly the highlight of my day and weekend. Paying all out of pocket brings unnecessary stress, and if I'm not prego by January, I'll keep going with IUIs and keep saving for ivf if I have to.

To all other ladies I didn't list here. Stay strong baby dust! We are all on the same boat. Our power !!! Can bring more BFPs :)
asiula420
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Tigerb5 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:54 am

Jojo-I'm so sorry. Just hang in there and hopefully next month is your month.

Asiula-Yay for insurance covering treatments!! It's always nice when that isn't an extra stress.

Pixie-Good luck with this round!!

I'm sending good thoughts to you ladies!

So I'm now 10dpiui. I'm just hanging in there waiting for my TWW to be over with. Symptoms are about the same. Stomach feels weird. I have some strange twinges in my uterine area. Yesterday I felt some AF-like cramping that lasted for a few minutes then went away. Nipples are still extra painful too. I'm waiting for all the symptoms to just go away...and my body to be like 'just kidding!'. I guess I have another week or so of waiting before AF shows but I may test on Thursday since I'll be traveling all of Friday and at a work conference for the following week. I haven't decided as yet though. Anyway, hope you all have a good Monday!!
Tigerb5
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:57 am

Trigger sore bbs are always a good sign if you were not using clomid. Its a side effect. I learn that last cycle grrrr i really thought it was my month when my nipples and bbs were so sore it hurt bad and them my test were all negative.
So if you were not on clomid i have a good feeling that its the real thing for you fx :)
As for me 5dpiui it my last day of eating pinapple jiji i had to give it a try and since i did a buster shot this morning i will not use the progesteron pill today will continue with it tomorrow.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

PreviousNext

Return to IUI