October 2016 IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

October 2016 IUI

Postby Crumpet » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Hello Ladies -- are any of you signed up for an October IUI? I have one scheduled for October 3rd, but it may change on the basis of my ultrasound on the 2nd.

About me:
We started TTC in May 2016. I might have had a chemical in June 2016. My hormones seem pretty good but my AMH is less than 1 so my doctor wants to get a move on (as do I). This is my first IUI. Its also my first time on Clomid, which I start today on CD 3 and will be taking it every day for 5 days. I'll be using an Ovidrel trigger shot also.

What about you? What have your experiences been up to this stage.
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Re: October 2016 IUI

Postby MMG2016 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:33 pm

Hello,
Today is CD4 for me and I had my first ultrasound today. We got the green light and I will start the clomid tomorrow for days 5-9. Our next ultrasound is in one week and we will see what my follicles look like.

We started an IUI cycle a few years ago, but we were not able to complete it. So I kind of feel like this is really our first. DH and I both have hurdles, so we've already had to do a lot to get to this point. I'm feeling excited, but relaxed so far.

I came here looking to share the journey...it makes it so much easier!!
MMG2016

Postby Love_all » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:41 am

Hello Ladies,

I am TTC for five years and going for iui this October 2016.I am on clomid 100mg and fsh... Am on day 7 now.. Please share your experience too,

Baby dust to you all,
Love_all
Friend

Postby Miminonka » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello ladies, i am waiting for my af (which should be here in next 5 to 7 days) and will start 50mg clomid on day 2 to 5. Our first iui was in August with BFN. My clinic protocol is a month off so we are on the same routine for October - clomid, scans and trigger shot.
Looks like i am a little bit behind you but would love to be a part of the journey here.
Miminonka

Postby Crumpet » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi Ladies! I'm so glad that you all joined us. Its great to have company on this journey.

Miminonka -- How did you find the procedure of your last round of IUI? Did you take Clomid on that cycle too? You're most welcome to join us even if you're getting started a bit later!

Love_all -- Have you been on Clomid or had an IUI before? What is your Clomid protocol? I'm sorry to hear that you've been TTC for five years. It is a rough business. I hope that this round is the answer for you!

MMG2016 -- What are the problems that you and your DH have? How is your progress so far with this IUI cycle? And what happened with your last one? How are things going for you now with your protocol?

AFM -- I'm at CD6 and I'll take my last Clomid at 50 mg tomorrow. I feel really tired and I have a slight headache. So far the side-effects are not too bad. We are planning to BD every other day until Friday. Then we're going to let DH's sperm build up on Saturday and Sunday per the doctor's orders. The IUI is tentatively scheduled for a week from today if the ultrasound looks good. Its really exciting. Are you all doing trigger shots? I am. I've never done Clomid/Ovidril/IUI before so its all new to me.
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby zaneyduck » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:01 pm

I am scheduled for IUI around the middle of October. We hope to complete this cycle, as our last 2 were cancelled after a completed cycle in July. We will be doing Femara with trigger again for this cycle. DH has been on Clomid since August to raise his testosterone, count, and morphology.
Me(Sarah): 32
DH: 33
Married: 6/29/13
TTC #1 Since: July 2014
Diagnosed PCOS & Hypothyroidism 1/4/16
Hysterscopy to remove polyp and Laprascopy 5/24/16

July 16 - November 16: 4 Failed IUI's
February 9 - New doctor consult. Moving on to IVF.
IVF Cycle #1 - May 2017 - Cancelled 4 days before retrieval
IVF Cycle #2 - July 2017 - 23 Eggs Ret. 17 Mature - 10 Fertilized - 5 Snowflake Babies!
9/22/17 FET - 1 4AB/AB Embie
10/2/17 Beta #1 - 151 (10DP5DT)
10/4/17 Beta #2 - 439 (12DP5DT)

Our Crowdfunding For IVFhttps://www.youcaring.com/michaelsarahwilson-796676Image
zaneyduck
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Love_all » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Hello Ladies,

I am on WD10 today and have got ultrasound today... My RE said she will check the follicles size and think of increasing gonal f dosage.. Waiting for today's scan and things should go well..

@Crumpet:I was on clomid before for six cycles my DH was travelling so we actually didn't try all six months.. And now my RE suggested us to go for iui... I am on clomid 100mg from CD2 to CD6 and had an ultrasound on CD7, I had small follicles hence my RE suggested to have Gonal f injection from CD7 to CD9 37.5g every day.. And now I'm on CD10 gotta ultrasound today..

All the best to you all!

Baby dust to you all!

Love_all
Love_all
Friend

Postby Crumpet » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:11 am

Love_All -- Is this your first time with the gonal f dosages? How is your body handling them? It sounds like your RE is doing a great job monitoring your situation and adapting medications. I've seen quite a range. How did your ultrasound go yesterday?

Zaneyduck -- Fingers crossed for you that this cycle gets completed. When the IUI is cancelled, do you try naturally or did they suggest not TTC that cycle? How are you and your DH handling the medication? Some people seem to be affected more than others.

AFM -- I'm at CD7 now. My last Clomid pill will be tonight. I have a very slight headache and am tired. I'm not sure if these are Clomid-related or work-related. Either way, its not so bad. I'm looking forward to my ultrasound on Sunday. I hope we can have the IUI next Monday as planned. I hadn't realize how common it was to cancel cycles!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby sweetpeabutternut » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi Ladies,

This is my second try IUI and I'm on CD6. Started GonalF injections last night. First US showed 1 follie on R and 8 follies on L. DH (40) and I (37) have been TTC for over a year with unexplained. Last cycle I was brand new to the IUI journey and am slowly learning what I need to know. And hoping for the best this round. Baby dust to you all. It's wonderful to have this support. xo
Me - 37
DH - 40
IUI #1 - September 2016 BFN
IUI #2 - Early October 2016 BFN
IUI #3 - Late OCT 2016 BFN
IUI#4 - NOV - Cancelled due to high FSH
Dec-Mar living life 8)
IVF#1 - Planned for JUNE 2017
sweetpeabutternut

Postby zaneyduck » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Crumpet - When it's cancelled, I get put on birth control right away to suppress my system. My body would not naturally be able to conceive when my TSH levels are so high anyhow.

DH has zero side effects from the Clomid and I did not have any side effects from the Femara. I didn't really have any "side effects" until the day of my IUI. I was terribly crampy and in pain the rest of the day (IUI was done at 11am) and I even ran a low grade fever that evening. Then I had the TSH issue where I ended up with a 4 day migraine and in the ER and that's when we discovered my TSH had shot up. We couldn't get it back down and under control, which is why the last two cycles were cancelled.
Me(Sarah): 32
DH: 33
Married: 6/29/13
TTC #1 Since: July 2014
Diagnosed PCOS & Hypothyroidism 1/4/16
Hysterscopy to remove polyp and Laprascopy 5/24/16

July 16 - November 16: 4 Failed IUI's
February 9 - New doctor consult. Moving on to IVF.
IVF Cycle #1 - May 2017 - Cancelled 4 days before retrieval
IVF Cycle #2 - July 2017 - 23 Eggs Ret. 17 Mature - 10 Fertilized - 5 Snowflake Babies!
9/22/17 FET - 1 4AB/AB Embie
10/2/17 Beta #1 - 151 (10DP5DT)
10/4/17 Beta #2 - 439 (12DP5DT)

Our Crowdfunding For IVFhttps://www.youcaring.com/michaelsarahwilson-796676Image
zaneyduck
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Waiting777 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi all. TTC for 8 month. On cycle 4 of clomid (starting fri) at 50mg. I O on my own but Clomid enhances my progesterone and ovulation I think. Going to my first consultation for IUI tomorrow to schedule it mid October. I'm nervous, I guess I don't know what to I expect!
Waiting777

Postby Crumpet » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:31 pm

Waiting -- It sounds like you're comfortable with your Clomid protocol and so its just the IUI that is new to you. We'll be here to support you and give you information as we get it. Hugs!

Zaneyduck -- It sounds like a complex process when it is cancelled. Its good you have an RE staying on top of things, particularly since it sounds like you had some really rough complications last time. How are you feeling about this cycle?

Sweetpeabutternut -- Have you done injectables before? Those make me nervous, although I'm sure I'll get used to them if I end up doing them. How was your experience with your last IUI cycle?

AFM -- Like Waiting, I also O on my own so Clomid is just to stimulate the follicles more. I'm interested to see how it impacts my follies this cycle. I just took the last pill tonight so now I just need to order my Ovidrel trigger shot and then wait for my Sunday ultrasound. I can't wait!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Love_all » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:38 pm

Hello Ladies,

Am in CD11 today and my RE asked me to continue with gonal f till CD13 and I have gotta scan on coming Saturday... I still have small follicles in both ovaries when we checked yesterday... Yes, this is my first time with gonal F injection, I don't feel side effects till now.. Things are as usual to me.. I too feel tired but I think it's because of work stress.. I hope I will also have my Iui tentatively on 3rd October..

Baby dust to you all,

Love_all
Love_all
Friend

Postby sweetpeabutternut » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:58 am

Crumpet - Last month was my first IUI with GonalF 125u and Ovidrel and this month my second with GonalF 150u. The injections were fine, I injected myself alternating thighs, no pain and I honestly felt no side effects. I felt more with the Ovidrel shot and progesterone sups last month. So far this month, last night I tasted it in the back of my throat soon after my injection and I actually felt ovary twinges (not sure if it's just in my head). But I don't feel especially tired or any other noticeable symptom...as yet. I'm CD7 today with another injection this evening and a US and BW tomorrow morning.

I'm tracking temps also this month for the first time, any website recommendation of a tracking chart to use?

Good luck ladies - baby dust!
Me - 37
DH - 40
IUI #1 - September 2016 BFN
IUI #2 - Early October 2016 BFN
IUI #3 - Late OCT 2016 BFN
IUI#4 - NOV - Cancelled due to high FSH
Dec-Mar living life 8)
IVF#1 - Planned for JUNE 2017
sweetpeabutternut

Postby Miminonka » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:42 pm

My first iui was in August and on the same schedule - clomid day 2 to 6 and ovidrel trigger. Had one good folicle on day 12, trigger shot 40 hours before iui. I did not experience massive side effects. My partner would say i was more grumpy :) however, iui itslef was painful for me.
I am still waiting for af to start the process!
Fingers crossed for the October babies for all of the ladies here :)
Miminonka

Next

Return to IUI