October 2016 IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: October 2016 IUI

Postby Bryanne27 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 am

Hello everyone I'm new I just st want yo share what I'm going through ... October 25 two large follicles 26 and 28 triggered that night had a positive ovulation test the 26th,27,28th had IUI the 27th in am had sex that night and the night after started progesterone suppositories Saturday the 29th sine around Saturday night I have had ongoing constant sharp pulling sensation in my ovaries and lower back pain I am now 9 dpiui took a pregnancy test this morning at its a BFN I know it's to early but I was wondering if anyone has had these cramping symptoms ... I'm concerned somethings wrong.. Called the doctor they said don't worry it maybe a good sign .. But I'm nervous every the cramps are all the time
Bryanne27

Postby Puertocan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:51 am

Bryanne: I have had cramping as well - not bad though. BFN today 12DPO. If they are really bad you may want to have ur doc do an US and make sure you didn't form a corpus luteal cyst or something. Clomid can increase risk of them. Do u usually get cramps before AF comes?
Me: 31
DH: 31

TTC #1 w/BBT & OPK since 2/2016 when IUD was removed
Cycle 1: IUI w/HCG trigger 6/2016
Cycle 2: Clomid 8/2016
Cycle 3: Clomid/IUI 10/2016
Puertocan
Friend

Postby Crumpet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:05 pm

My3Kiz -- Wow, that's quite a story about your pregnancies! You are lucky that it worked out each time. There's every reason for you to feel positive about this next pregnancy.

Sweetpea -- glad you're having a smooth start to your TWW.

HopeSIN -- this is my second IUI cycle. I have responded differently to the meds each time (both to the Clomid and to the trigger shot). Its to bad that its not the same because that would make it easier to try to figure out what's going on. But NOOOOO, that would be too easy!

AFM -- 8dpiui. Thankfully the bloating and cramps have calmed down a lot. I'm feeling much better now. I feel like I may be coming down with a cold, but otherwise I feel fairly normal. I'm also expecting a shorter luteal phase based upon what happened last time...but its always hard to predict with these meds.

In other news, DH and I met with our RE to discuss next steps. We'll do IVF in January since they're doing a lab cleanout in November/December. We can squeeze in a few more IUIs in this case if we want to. Although I'd love to get started sooner rather than later, I feel good that we have a protocol sketched out for January and that DH and I are in agreement about the choices we had to make regarding our protocol. I was also pleased to have the RE confirm that we can feel fairly confident about my response to the medication given how I responded to the low-grade Clomid I've been on. IVF is daunting but its exciting as well. Now we'll just see what happens over the next few months to see if I need it (I probably will!). So, if this IUI doesn't work out, I'll be having out over here for a while. Hopefully some of you will have moved on with BFPs though!
Me: 39
DH: 34
TTC #1 since: May 2016
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby my3kiz » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Ok, im losing my mind,....officially. Lol today is DH birthday and we are actually going out for a quiet dinner. So I had one more walmart test and I'm thinking too check make sure it's negative still. Yesterday and Wednesday night white, today fine line. My co-worker saw it plain as day woman I texted her. 10 days past trigger. I guess my other two test I took for trigger were wrong. Grrrrrrrr
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby my3kiz » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Crumpet....just saw your post.I'm glad you have a plan but I'm hoping you won't need it. Yes, my pregnancies were hard to achieve and required progesterone shots daily for 8 weeks which are really painful, but worth it. Did your RE day What the average cost is if you don't mind me asking? Keeping all my options open. Even though DH doesn't want to go that route. Still checking it out. :0)
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Crumpet » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:57 pm

My3Kiz -- Ugh, its so hard to tell what's going on with a line at this point. I hope that's the start of a real BFP for you! It really could be.

As for IVF costs...it really varies. We're waiting for them to email us a cost estimate. Here's what's involved:
(1) Procedures done in-house (monitoring, retrieval, sperm washing, ICSI, transfer, monitoring). ICSI is not required in all cases unless you do genetic testing.
(2) Medication (this can vary depending on your protocol and how you respond)
(3) Freezing embryos -- if you get enough embryos you can freeze them. Also, you need to freeze if you're getting genetic testing. They don't require this.
(4) Genetic testing -- this can be anywhere from $2000 to $4000. We're planning to do it since it raises your chances of success to about 60% and it means I would know for sure that they are genetically optimal. They don't require this.

A friend of mine told me that its usually $10,0000-$12,000 for IVF. We may be looking at a more expensive IVF option than others might because we want the genetic testing. We're able to do this only because my insurance will help with most of the basic costs. My RE's office is checking on my medication coverage for me and also determining the least expensive place for me to get it. They're really good that way. They'll send us a full price breakdown when they have all of this information.

Its expensive, but we really want to have a child (or two or three) and if this is the best option to make it happen, we're willing to try it. Its just scary that there are no guarantees. I hope this helps. And I'm happy to update as I learn more from them about it. Have a great time out with your Dh!!
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Crumpet » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Hey Ladies -- I'm 9dpiui now and so the TWW is on my mind increasingly. My post-trigger symptoms have changed: much less bloating (but still a bit), much less cramps (but still some twinges), and now my nipples hurt (not as much as last time but its new for this cycle). Should I chalk these up to the trigger shot playing tricks on me?
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Puertocan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Crumpet: my boobs are SO sore with the HCG trigger but my nipples never are sore. I feel like you should count any “different” symptom as a good thing!

My3kidz: Did the lines get darker? Did you re-test? Gosh the trigger is a tricky beast!

After thinking I tested out the trigger already on my wandfos (recall: neg DPO 11 negative. Fast forward to DPO 12 – neg in AM, SUPER faint positive in PM. Today I am DPO13 and took two tests – one stark neg and the other with a squinter only shown in outside light after ~15 min. I AM DRIVING MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND INSANE. Feeling confused but hopeful and hopeless at the same time. Baby dust to all…

Puertocan
Friend

Postby sweetpeabutternut » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:29 pm

Puerto- the fact that the line is still there sounds really promising. I'm KMFX for you. Baby dust!

Crumpet - any different feeling/symptom is a good thing. I really hope this is it for you. A few more days.

Afm- eating cheese and having a glass of wine. I know ! But all in moderation. I'm trying different things and to do things as I normally would. Maybe it'll work. Lol. I'm not feeling anything different. Less fullness in my bbs and bloating as trigger leaves.
Me - 37
DH - 40
IUI #1 - September 2016 BFN
IUI #2 - Early October 2016 BFN
IUI #3 - Late OCT 2016 BFN
IUI#4 - NOV - Cancelled due to high FSH
Dec-Mar living life 8)
IVF#1 - Planned for JUNE 2017
sweetpeabutternut

Postby Crumpet » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Puertocan -- Oh, that is so exciting! And also so nail-biting! My RE said I could test 15dpiui (16 past trigger) so I think that you can trust those squinters *so* soon and get a blood test. I'm hoping this works for you.

Sweetpea -- Everything in moderation. There's a great book called 'Expecting Better' -- the author discusses booze and says a glass of wine now and then is fine. Just don't have two. And drink water. Really, I'm sure its fine. Its a relief to see the bloating tail off, right?

AFM, I have decided I am out. Has anything changed to make me think this? No. I have just entered the crazy part of the TWW. In a few hours I will probably be certain that I am pregnant. :?
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby my3kiz » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:14 pm

Crumpet... I keep thinking the same thing. I'm gonna start and be done then 10 min later I've changed my mind. I really need to focus on work and school. I work all day, go to school at night full time, on line thank goodness, then have my family. And on top of all that spend half my time in REs ofc stressing... Done venting...
Not treating again tell next week. I'm only 9dpiui and 11 past trigger, so I no better. Smh
Fingers crossed for everyone.
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Puertocan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:40 am

Update: negative HPT today. Talk about a tricky trigger. My DH is not taking these ups and downs well.

Puertocan
Friend

Postby Crumpet » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:46 pm

Puertocan -- Are you 14dpiui now? Test again tomorrow with FMU. My RE said that was the best day to test and be sure of the results. Your trigger has been very cruel to you this cycle if you end up with a BFN. I hope you just have a stealth baby latching on in there!

My3kiz -- Yes! Its so infuriating to spend the tiny bits of free time that we have on wondering if we are or are not pregnant. It feels like it should be easier! We're at the same stage and I agree that you should wait. My test day is on Friday. When will you test?
My Ovulation Chart
Crumpet
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby Meltty » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi All, I'm new on this blog but I've been reading some post that are very encouraging regarding my current situation. I have used Femara CD 3-7 with trigger shot on Oct 26th and went thru IUI#2 on Oct 28th. Currently on 9dpiui. I had some preg symptoms following the IUI but I'm pretty sure those symptoms were from the trigger shots as I haven't got any since 6dpiui. No signs of implantation either. I'm not giving up yet but I wish I had symptoms to help me stay positive. I was wondering if any of you had ever felt nauseous after eating? My appetite has been rising however, I feel nauseous as soon as I'm done eating. Not sure if this could be a symptoms or if it's just my head playing tricks on me. GL to everyone going thru this process and wishing all a BFP !!!
Meltty
Friend

Postby Puertocan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Crumpet: Thank you so much - I hope you are right!

Meltty: Welcome to the group! I am fairly new as well and already have felt better being able to vent to everyone. I have been nauseous as well these past two days (currently DPO14, neg test this AM with FMU) but I was on call for 24 hours Friday so that may be why. I even threw up Sat AM. Do you usually get nausea before AF is due? Some people do.

Puertocan
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI