Femara Days 3-7, Triggered Friday, IUI for Sunday Cancelled

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Femara Days 3-7, Triggered Friday, IUI for Sunday Cancelled

Postby my3kiz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:31 pm

MY Re wanted me on Follistim because I have low egg reserve but its to much money right now so I had her put me on Femara. Did that and got one follicle that was 20mm on CD8 and one 10mm. My right ovary flows really slow (had HSG) but the left is perfect. Of course the bigger follicle was on the right. UGH So I didnt want to waste one of the 4 IUIs my insurance will help with. I know its still open just not as good as the other side. But she still have me trigger Friday and I am sure I ovulated. Just not sure what night. I had O pains both sat and sun but she told me Ovidrel is consistently 36 hrs past trigger. So we did TI just in case there was that chance. Im hoping that the 10mm was able to grow by Sunday. On Thursday it was 10.
Im rambling. But here is my dilema. I dont know if I have made a mistake not doing the IUI, can the follicles still grow after a trigger, my DH also had a low SA so there is that on top of everything else. Each month I try and we time according to what my US shows. This is the first month with meds like Femara and I am getting so depressed that I cant get that BFP with TI or IUI. :0(
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Femara Days 3-7, Triggered Friday, IUI for Sunday Cancel

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Hey there,sorry to hear about ur cancelled cycle,that sucks.
I assume you were talking about ur tubes and not
Ur ovaries when you said one is not as good as the other,(I have teh same problem)in that case is good taht you didn't went ahead with the IUI Bcs you might have ended up with an ectopic or a a failed cycle.My advice to you is that next time try the Folistim ur doc suggested Bcs it will give you a better chance of having a mature egg where ur tube is "good".
The eggs grow around 2mm a day and yes they could grow after the trigger shot.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby my3kiz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Thank you. yes, Im sorry I meant my tubes my ovaries are fine and I ovulate on my own. With my last two pregnancies I have had to have an HSG and always that tube needs to be blown open. lol This time I had a D&C in August because during the HSG she though she saw 2 polyps that could be an issue. I didnt want to waste an IUI but if I miss this cycle I will def get one next month as long as I ma using the left tube. I wish I could get the Follistim but with my insurance coverage it was 1500.00 out of my pocket which we cant do right now. Looking into alternate ways of getting it.
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Omg 1500 just for the Folistim?That is too much!!Way too much.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby my3kiz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:02 pm

yes it is. I almost died but didnt want to miss out on a cycle so had her give me the Femara and I did one good sized one but wrong side. Im hoping it is open enough and something got thru or the 10 made it to atleast a 14 by Sunday night. Maybe there is a cheaper injectible and she had be doing 300iu of it each day from CD3-7. Isnt that alot? Or is it normal? Now we will see if this cycle worked with TI but Im not holding out for it. Im just sad. :(
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:09 pm

That is a high dosage but if you have a low ovarian reserve is understandable and not so much,my opinion is that ur doc should start with a lower dosage but Ofc im no doc.
I do hope everything work out for you.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby my3kiz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:10 pm

And the other thing is she has me on estregon(sp) pills after giving me an oil injection of it in her office last Thursday and between that and I think the Ovidrel I am so emotional. Like I wanna cry all the time and my DH just doesn't know what to do. lolol
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby my3kiz » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:11 pm

Thank you. I appreciate that. I hope it all works out for you as well.
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:22 pm

It seems like ur doctor has you on a pretty aggressive protocol with the estrogen pills and the progesterone shots a bit more adjusting and you could have IVF.
I do hope you get that bfp really soon.
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby my3kiz » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:25 am

Thank you i really appreciate it, Hopefully once I start the IUIs that will do the trick if this time is a bust. DH wants to take a break if they dont and possibly not try an IVF because of the high cost of it.
How long before you can actually test past the trigger shot? I know you can get false positives after you take it. Anyone know?
my3kiz
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Danaa » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:28 am

An Ovidrele shot can last in ur body up to 10 days and a Pregnyl shot can last up to 12days.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IUI