December IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: December IUI

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:47 pm

Jkbabe, i found this website Ivfpharmacy.com this is where i have been ordering mine. Im paying 395 if im not mistaken for 600iu. Also order trigger shot and endometrin for my future iui cycle in january if in these two natural cycles is a bust.
Dont worry much on the zica, i live in the us virgin island have it on the back of my head. I also read that it can be transmitted via sex so!!!!. But this is not the cause for the deffect the babies are being born. My last iui number 7 i responded realy well to the injectable had 6 folicles going in and nada :( very discoraging. Rf came 2 days early. I also got a biopsy done of my uterus at day 9 post ovulation and my lining was good. So why no bfp unknown.
I know its going to happen but when will be my question.
Fingers cross that before the end of the year we have good news to share.
Baby dust to everyone.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby boatlife » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Welcome ladies!! Nice to see we have lots of support going into this month! :) AF finally showed last night, so I go in Monday for my CD4 US and I think I will tell them I don't want to do the trigger shot. I ovulate on my own, but thought it would be better to use the trigger, but I think I ovulated way earlier than 38 hours. Thoughts? Baby dust to us all!!
Me - 28 // DW - 35
DS - 9
IUI #1 - 9 = BFN
IVF #1 = May 2018
boatlife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:31 am

Good afternoon ladies,
Back from the RE. My scan was ambigous. My lining was thick and I had a 30mm "anomaly" which was either a follicule that proved I had O'd already, either a kyst. No other follicule which is very very strange for me.
RE said it was better to cancel this IUI, so no December IUI for me. On the bright side, no Ovidrel this month.

I don't know what to do for January. The nurse said I should come in for a scan on CD2 to see if the kyst is still there. DH wants us to take a break until the end of January. I am not quite sure about that. I hate breaks since I have the impression of doing nothing, getting older and becoming even more of a failure (sorry, I am hard on myself, but I feel responsible for this cycle being cancelled)...

I will keep lurking and hoping for a December BFP among you ladies. Hope you are all well.
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 - #7 May 2016 - October 2017 BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IVF Antagonist protocol, retrival Dec. 2017
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babyforme26 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:52 am

Geeky, we have a very similar story for the December cycle. I went in for my CD9 scan on Saturday Nov 26 and they found just a 30mm follicle on the right. Doc said could do IUI on Monday Nov 28, but after some thought, i just don't feel strongly about this cycle, the size of the follicle and timing seems off and I'll rather save the $700 IUI fees for the future. So we cancelled the IUI and decided to try it on our own this cycle. I got a positive on the OPK on CD 12 and BDed that same night. Only managed to have one successful BD this time, so not having high hopes. But this is kind of the prelude for the next two months as we're taking the doc's advice to try it on our own for 2 more months. If it's still BFN, then maybe i'll convince my husband for IVF. My husband is quite opposed to IVF given the cost and that we were able to conceive naturally before (which just sadly ended in either a blighted ovum or chemical pregnancy).

Good luck everyone, will still be following this thread closely!
Babyforme26

Postby geeky_gab » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 am

Good morning Babyforme!
Wow, it does seems like our cycles do have alot in common :) I understand your choice to hold off the IUI this time. I will take your advice and use OPKs too. Yesterday (CD10) was negative but I thought I might have O'd already... hard to tell!

IVF is such a difficult step to make, I find... DH and I have agreed we'd move onto IVF if our 6th round of IUI was inconclusive. What #IUI were you at?

I'm so sorry for your chemical pregnancy and blighted ovum. It must be hard for you to trust symptoms and even tests... thank you so much for sharing your story, I feel a little less scared about the news :) take care.
Laparoscopy May 29th 2017, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby BabyFever3-4 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:22 pm

I went in for my blood HCG test today 14dpiui. They called me back and said it was 17 HCG. So technically pregnant but most likely a biochemical pregnancy or ectopic. Very small chance that it is a viable pregnancy. My heart is broken right now. I can't go back in until Saturday morning for another test as I am out of town. Has anyone experienced this?? I am still numb from this news and can't stop crying.
BabyFever3-4
Friend

Postby boatlife » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:11 am

Babyfever - I am so sorry! :( I have never experienced this, but it is always good to stay positive until there is absolute certainty! I'll be praying for you! It could just mean maybe you had a late implanter!

Geeky - I am sorry about the results of your scan. I understand what you mean about being so hard on yourself about the results. In September I beat myself up over my lining being too thick and having the polyps.

Babyforme - Sorry hear about your US results too, but glad you got a BD in! It only takes one lucky one to win the prize. :)

AFM - Went to CD4 US yesterday and they said my lining was a bit thick, and noticed a black blob inside my uterus - the tech asked me if I had taken a pregnancy test, and I only took an IC which came back negative but then I got AF, so I assumed it didn't work. They did a beta (which of course came back BFN), but my RE said it could just be blood from my cycle - who knows. She said it was no reason not to try. So I go in Sunday @ 10am for my CD10 US to see how the follies are doing. I'm on 25mg Clomid, and I decided to do the trigger shot - so we shall see. Baby dust to everyone!
Me - 28 // DW - 35
DS - 9
IUI #1 - 9 = BFN
IVF #1 = May 2018
boatlife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby zaneyduck » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi ladies - following from November. No December IUI for us - next treatment cycle at the RE doesn't begin until January 26th. In the mean time, RE has referred DH to a urologist - appointment is tomorrow. Pending those results, it will be another IUI in February or a meeting for IVF.
Me(Sarah): 32
DH: 33
Married: 6/29/13
TTC #1 Since: July 2014
Diagnosed PCOS & Hypothyroidism 1/4/16
Hysterscopy to remove polyp and Laprascopy 5/24/16

July 16 - November 16: 4 Failed IUI's
February 9 - New doctor consult. Moving on to IVF.
IVF Cycle #1 - May 2017 - Cancelled 4 days before retrieval
IVF Cycle #2 - July 2017 - 23 Eggs Ret. 17 Mature - 10 Fertilized - 5 Snowflake Babies!
9/22/17 FET - 1 4AB/AB Embie
10/2/17 Beta #1 - 151 (10DP5DT)
10/4/17 Beta #2 - 439 (12DP5DT)

Our Crowdfunding For IVFhttps://www.youcaring.com/michaelsarahwilson-796676Image
zaneyduck
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby geeky_gab » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:27 am

Good morning ladies,

Thank you for your support, it means alot.

I have to say that I dread Christmas time and family/friend gatherings. Yesterday, we learnt that my DH's sister is pregnant with her second. She has had two pregnancies in the time we have been TTC... I feel like such a horrible person since I just cannot feel happiness for her right now. She will be announcing it and people will turn to us and ask how our family projects are going along. I am so fearful that I will just burst into tears and ruin everyone's evening... I really appreciate her, I love our nephew and I AM happy for her, it must be such a great feeling... Anyhow, sorry for the rant but I feel like challenging days are ahead and I don't really know what to do.

Hope you are all well, take care :)
FET Feb 2018 BFN
Hoping for April FET
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JKbabe » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:54 pm

Hi Everyone,

So today is 8dpiui. I have been testing out my trigger and it was finally out today, so here is to hoping that line comes back. I'm going to hold off testing again until 12dpo. I just have a strong feeling it didn't work. In other news, I have been fighting the insurance company tooth and nail and may have a strong case against them. I love in NY and we are one of the states that has a mandate for infertility coverage. So here's to hoping that works out too. So far this month spent about $2500.

MGlupe how are you feeling? Anyone else close to me in TWW?
JKbabe

Postby MMG2016 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello,

JKbabe...good luck with the insurance company! After reading your post I started looking into the state laws here and I think it is required here as well, but we have not had anything covered. I'm pretty sure we've spent well over $10k this year! I have no idea if there is anything I can do at this point, especially since I am changing insurance plans and companies on January 1st.

Geeky_gab...so sorry you had to cancel this cycle and now you are being faced with more baby news in your family. I completely understand how you are feeling. I get so tired of hearing about other people's pregnancies. Today my FB was full of sonogram pics, which was not what I needed to see.

boatlife...glad to hear you guys are moving forward this cycle despite the odd scan!

BabyFever3-4....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your HCG numbers will be much higher this weekend and this is a viable pregnancy! This must be an excruciating wait!

AFM, I am currently CD17 and I am going back for yet another ultrasound (#4 this cycle) tomorrow. I got my flashing smiley face today on the OPK (high fertility) so I'm pretty sure we'll end up triggering tomorrow night for IUI on Sunday morning. I'm feeling pretty defeated already because we doubled the dose of Clomid hoping to get my follicles to mature more quickly and maybe have more than one. Instead, it looks like I still have only one and this IUI will be the latest yet at CD20! I just don't understand how that is possible. This is our last IUI before moving to IVF, but since our TWW ends on Christmas, I'm thinking we would probably need to skip one cycle and shoot for the end of January if this IUI doesn't work. It's really hard to feel positive right now for some reason. I know we only need one egg and one sperm to make the magic happen, but IDK it all just seems so impossible. I need to try and shift into a better mindset by this weekend.

Babydust to all that are still in this month!!
MMG2016

Postby HopeSIN » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:45 am

Hello ladies, nice to see so many of you here again from the September and then the November IUI board. Well...actually it would even be nicer not so see so many of you again in here cause that would mean that at least for a couple of us it was a lucky month, but sadly doesn't really look like it.

GeekyGab & BabyForMe: I'm in the same boat with the two of you. I had a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy yesterday and if we wouldn't have found anything bad, then I could've gone ahead with IUI#5, but it turned out that I had scar tissue from my stillbirth in May in the uterus and around the cervix and they also found endometriosis on my pouch of Douglas. So no IUI for me this month - will also be another round in January then.

Did any of you ladies undergo laparoscopy and/or hysteroscopy? I had a combined surgery yesterday and wanted to hear how long it took you guys to fully recover?
Me 31
DH 37- male factor inf.
TTC 1.5 years
IUI #1: Jan 16 BFP!
May 16: Stillbirth :angel:
IUI #2 - IUI#5: Sept - Dec 16 -> all BFN
Dec16: laparoscopy & hysteroscopy
IUI #6: Jan 2017, BFN :(
Feb'17: first round of IVF
HopeSIN
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Brenj » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:29 am

I went to my 2nd iui on december 2nd. Im on my 7dpiui. Today I went to get progesterone test. I am really hoping this time is it.
On 4dpiui I have really bad cramps and little cramps the rest of the days.

I can't wait to know. Fingers cross and having faith!!
Brenj
Friend

Postby SA2007 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:18 am

Ok ladies I have a question. I am not scheduled for my follicle check until Monday but my opk looks positive today! This is my first time using the opks so I'm not 100% sure bit it looks positive to me. My RE isn't in on Saturdays. What should I do? I don't want to miss my window for this iui!!
SA2007

Postby carolinalocs » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Brenj: had my first iui Dec. 2nd too. Trying to wait until at least Tuesday or Wednesday to test. Fx for all the Dec tries.
carolinalocs
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI