December IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: December IUI

Postby KC2611 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:00 pm

boatlife wrote:Babyfever - Congrats! The numbers doubling now is definitely a good sign. Will be praying for you!

KC - No, this will be my 3rd, but only my 2nd with trigger. We did a natural cycle the first time, which I honestly believe would've worked but I had fibroids/polyps or something going on. Last month we decided to use the trigger and again this month.

Took another set of OPKs this morning and got "peak" on CB Digital and blazing positive on wondfo, so maybe the timing is going to work out good for noon today. Here's to hoping! A Christmas BFP would be amazing!!

Gotcha! I wish you so much luck. It sounds like the timing was still good. Not sure if we'll do another iui if this one doesn't work..praying that it worked this time.
KC2611
Friend

Postby mdttcmilspouse » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Hello all! just got my positive OPK- going in tomorrow morning for 2nd IUI. Anyone else getting IUI dec14?
mdttcmilspouse
Friend

Postby MMG2016 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:39 am

Hello everyone,

Babyfever, I'm so excited to hear that those numbers are doubling!!! I'm praying that they continue to rise steadily!! So exciting to hear about a BFP from this group!

Just wanted to send a quick update on me while I had a minute. We ended up pushing our IUI back to this past Monday (the 12th) so I am now 2dpiui. We waited because I ended up having a second follicle that was mature, but we wanted to give it another day or so to grow a bit more and my OPKs were showing a rise, but not surging yet. So that means we actually had two eggs this time instead of one! DHs post-wash numbers were about the same, so I'm feeling much better about our chances for this cycle. If we are not successful, I think we will take one cycle off to prepare for IVF. I don't think I can jump right into an IVF cycle between Christmas and the New Year.

Sending strength to all who are in the dreaded TWW!!!
MMG2016

Postby boatlife » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 am

Hello Ladies! Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was doing. Currently 3dpiui and trying very VERY hard not to think about it, not really working though. :rofl: 10dpiui would be next Friday, 12/23 and I am definitely debating testing then....but I'm not sure if I'm ready for a BFN right before Christmas.

MMG & mdttc - how are you guys feeling? We are all very close in our cycle!

Babyfever - How did your HCG test on Wednesday go?
Me - 27 // DW - 34
DS - 8
IUI #1 (8/13/16) - BFN - Femara Only
IUI #2 (11/15/16)- BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #3 (12/13/16) - BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #4 (3/1/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #5 (3/31/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #6 (5/27/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #7 (8/8/2017) - .... - Femara 5mg / No Trigger
boatlife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KC2611 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:02 pm

Currently feel like I can't think about anything else at any free moment I have. 5dpiui and I'm already starting to analyze little things. Ugh
This morning I peed 4 times between 6AM-11AM, which is very unusual for me to go so much with not drinking much of anything. Not sure what that was about...
KC2611
Friend

Postby MMG2016 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:16 pm

Boatlife, last night I had such terrible heartburn that I felt nauseated. Then, this evening I had the nausea again, but without the heartburn. I also feel like smells are really bothering me. The problem is, I know this is all probably the work of that darn trigger! Although, I haven't had the nausea before. I'm trying to stay super distracted too, but can't seem to avoid the obsessing! LOL I'm always terrified of testing early because those BFNs kill me.
MMG2016

Postby carolinalocs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:08 am

Congratulations, Babyfever!

I tested yesterday and BFN, so hanging out until AF shows up. Which should be any day now.
carolinalocs
Friend

Postby SA2007 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:43 am

So ladies, I went to walmart today to do the grocery shopping and decided I would get some cheap tests to test out my trigger even though I told myself I wasn't going to do it this month. Well I'm in the checkout line and the cashier stops ringing up my stuff holds up one of my tests for everyone to see and says "so are you trying to be really accurate or what?". I didn't know what to say. I was in shock that someone would act like that. The line was full behind me so my meanness came out. I just looked at her and said "that really isn't your business". People are so rude.

Sorry for the rant.
SA2007

Postby KC2611 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:43 pm

SA2007- UGH that's so annoying and rude!! I'm sorry you had to experience that. Last cycle I bought a test and went to the self-scan to checkout. Some tests had plastic cases over them for security purposes, but mine didnt. The scanner still alerted the employee and she came over and asked, "Are you hoping you are or you aren't?" I wanted to scream at her and say it's none of your business, but it only happened in my head. Sigh
KC2611
Friend

Postby mdttcmilspouse » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:03 pm

boatlife wrote:Hello Ladies! Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was doing. Currently 3dpiui and trying very VERY hard not to think about it, not really working though. :rofl: 10dpiui would be next Friday, 12/23 and I am definitely debating testing then....but I'm not sure if I'm ready for a BFN right before Christmas.

MMG & mdttc - how are you guys feeling? We are all very close in our cycle!

Babyfever - How did your HCG test on Wednesday go?

Had the IUI Wednesday and felt my throat getting sore Friday night and have had progressive sore throat and congestion all weekend, but it hasn't knocked me out like a regular cold. Also gassy? Had a vivid dream last night... No cramping (implantation pain) but I'm really keeping my fingers crossed. Will test on 28th so I can get over the Christmas hump. Ate pineapple core to help lining... But I'm a science teacher and I can't imagine that would help!

To the ladies experiencing insensitivity at the check out line, they are lucky it wasn't me because I would've made them feel really bad about their comments.

I bought a pack of 20 wonderfo tests on Amazon, not sure if you looked there- I got both opk and hpt. I use those first and then cross check with a digital to confirm.

Ok I've been trying not to get on the boards too much this time. Prayers to all in whatever stage your in today.
mdttcmilspouse
Friend

Postby boatlife » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:39 am

SA - How incredibly insensitive! I would have freaked out right there in front of those people.

KC, MMG & mdttc - we are all so close! It's good to have someone you can talk to who is in the same time frame you are.

afm - currently 6dpiui and just hanging out. Had a weird, very sharp pain on my low right side on Saturday that made me keel over in pain, but then it went away. Since then, haven't really had any twinges anymore or cramping. In August, I had what I believed to be IB on 9dpiui, so if I get that again I will have some hope that now all of my issues are fixed it may stick this time! I too ate the pineapple core days 1 - 5 hoping that helps, and drank 2 glasses of pomegranate juice last night. Praying for everyone!
Me - 27 // DW - 34
DS - 8
IUI #1 (8/13/16) - BFN - Femara Only
IUI #2 (11/15/16)- BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #3 (12/13/16) - BFN - Clomid 25mg/ Ovidrel
IUI #4 (3/1/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #5 (3/31/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #6 (5/27/17) - BFN - Femara 5mg / Ovidrel
IUI #7 (8/8/2017) - .... - Femara 5mg / No Trigger
boatlife
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BabyFever3-4 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:07 pm

Thank you all for the well wishes!

It looks like a few of you are about to find out if you get your BFP. I am praying that December is a good month for all of you!!

As far as the rude cashiers... that is seriously my worst nightmare. Why do people think they are entitled to know your business?!?!

AFM, My last post I had reported a HCG of 300 (last Monday) and went in on Wed for a 48hr test. HCG on Wednesday was 522. I went again on Friday and HCG was 846. I will now wait until Dec 28th for an ultrasound to see if there is viable pregnancy. They say they are still "cautiously optimistic" as my levels have continued to rise. The big concern is the very low (17 HCG) on the 5th. However this weekend and into today I have had brown and red blood (once while wiping, sorry TMI) discharge. Not sure how this will go.
BabyFever3-4
Friend

Postby KC2611 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Fingers crossed for you babyfever!! I'm currently 8dpiui and can test on Christmas day! Aaah.

I've had weird cramping in my lower abdomen, have felt incredibly hungry way before my normal eating times, and have 4 canker sores now on the inside of my lip and I never get them. Normally bbs are sore at this point, but they feel normal. This is all probably in my head...
KC2611
Friend

Postby Rachel16 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:12 am

Hello All,
I have been lurking on this board , sorry!!! I am currently on Day 10 post IUI #5. My RE is not going to let me try again nor am I a candidate for IVF (due to my age and lab values). I have been very timid this cycle and extra careful. I am trying not to analyze too much and not over stress, hence my hesitancy to post. But today I just couldn't help it! It does help so much to have some support. I am due to test on 12/24 so I am just hoping for a christmas miracle.

I have had some symptoms, totally exhausted and cramping and pressure most days. Saturday and Sunday I just felt so woozy I would have sworn I had a few glasses of wine !! Several nights I have had really vivid dreams.

Boatlife/KC- I am just a couple days ahead of you guys, how are you feeling?
IUI #1 - March 2016 BFP - but MMC at 7 weeks
IUI #2- August 2016 BFN
IUI #3 - September 2016 BFN
IUI #4 - November 2016 BFN
IUI #5 - Coming soon December 2016
*all cycles with Clomid/Letrozole , Gonal-f and Ovidrel
Rachel16
Friend

Postby KC2611 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:19 am

Rachel-I'm in the exact same boat! Due to test Christmas day, although my RE said the day after Christmas :) This is our first iui.

I've felt exhausted too. For awhile I was sleeping great, but would still feel exhausted. Now that I'm not sleeping as well, the exhaustion is worse. I now have a stuffy nose/sore throat that came about last night. I've felt more hungry than usual and don't have any breast soreness like I usually get at this time in my cycle. Oh also--you mentioning feeling like you drank wine reminded me...one morning I woke up, opened my eyes while still laying down, and saw the room spinning. Had to close my eyes for awhile before it stopped. Strange right?

Hoping and praying for a Christmas miracle for all of us!
KC2611
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI