Leftover follicles

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Leftover follicles

Postby rn0716 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:03 pm

So my RE says I have leftover follicles/cysts and need to take the month off. We have had three cycles of IUI, 2 with clomid, the last with follistim. Is it possible for those leftover follicles to release an egg? I'm using opk this month since we can't take meds or trigger.
rn0716
Friend

Re: Leftover follicles

Postby Danaa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:43 pm

I don't think follicles and cysts are the same thing,if they are follicles yes they might release an egg but if they are cysts i don't think so.
Is ur doc sure that you ovulated on ur last cycle?how big were the follies/cysts this cycle?
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby rn0716 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:09 pm

I took a trigger shot last cycle so I assume I ovulated 36 hours later. The 3 leftover follicles were huge, all above 25.
rn0716
Friend

Postby Danaa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:20 am

I don't know what to say really,usually you O after the trigger shot but there have been cases when the trigger shot didn't work.
Did you had ur period?what cd are you?
Is a very curious and strange situation,i don't think they will release an egg but i think a doctor could tell you more.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IUI