3rd IUI...

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

3rd IUI...

Postby Staying positive » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi all - new to the group & TTC at 38 with donor sperm. Did my 3rd IUI on 1/4/17 with 2 follicles this time (first 2 times I just had 1), so feeling really good about this round! Blood test isn't until the 20th so trying to stay positive and stress free, even though I can't stop thinking about everything I feel or imagine I'm feeling. The 2WW is definitely the hardest. Anyone else have good results after their 3rd?
Staying positive

Re: 3rd IUI...

Postby Waiting&Hoping » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:52 am

Hi Staying Positive, just joined this group today. I am a lesbian TTC at 31.Just did my 2nd round of IUI (around the same time your did your 3rd) but got my period earlier this week. I'll go for the 3rd next month. Sorry I can't give you any first hand experience/advice since I haven't tried round 3 yet. But just wanted to reach out and agree with you about the 2WW. I try my best not to think about it but its really impossible no? And this time I "felt" pregnant so it really messes with your head! It is almost the 20th so I'm sending good vibes your way!
Waiting&Hoping

Postby Staying positive » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:39 am

Hi Waiting&Hoping, I am sorry to hear about your period...my first IUI I got my period the day of the blood test & I was crushed. We need to stay positive and know it usually takes a few tries!!

I might have some good news...took a HPT and got a faint second line. I am fully aware it could be a false positive but I also got a tiny bit nauseous yesterday morning. I have my fingers and toes crossed for my blood work on Friday and sending positive baby vibes your way for your next IUI!!
Staying positive

Postby Waiting&Hoping » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:29 am

ohh that is wonderful news! Good luck! Maybe my 3rd time will be a charm too :)
Waiting&Hoping

Postby 5thtimesacharm » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:51 pm

I am also on my 3rd round of IUI (With clomid) and am DPO10.. this wait is killing me! My wife and I tried IUI's with no meds 2 times as well so hopefully this 5th round will work! I don't think I can take much more. I'm 37 overweight and smoked for years... Totally took my fertility for granted... Hoping it works out for all of us!
5thtimesacharm

Return to IUI