February IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: February IUI

Postby mybaby88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:59 am

Hi everyone, so i did my iui today (february 28th) afternoon. Now the dreadful tww! I am taking lot of naps and trying to be relaxed . Hope you lovely ladies are getting through the tww . I pray to see many many bfps on this board. Sending baby dust to all of us!
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby annie2663 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:25 am

Great news, Mybaby! Wishing you all the best. Keep us posted...and yes, lots of happy thoughts and relaxation. Take care of you. :)
annie2663
Friend

Postby stickybaby » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi everyone!
I just got my IUI #1 on Feb 27th (yesterday) 10;30am. I have PCOS and tried clomid 50mg, 100mg but didn't work.
this time, in early Feb, my RE put me on 150mg clomid--only small foliicles 12-13mm present.
WITHOUT inducing period, my doc put me on 200mg clomid (last time for clomid use) as "stair-up" technique and
it WORKED! had 2-3 follicles ranging 18-19mg. so trigger HGC 250mg shot on Sat (2/25) @ 10:30pm (36 hours prior to scheduled IUI), had a practice run with BD. my DH numbers were good > 5mil, mobility 3+ etc.

after IUI, I had discomfort like period cramps and it got WORSE as time goes by. by 1 pm on IUI day, I was barely walking, anything including laughing, talking, walking were bothering me, constant throbbing/stabbing pain until 9pm. Perhaps it was ovulation pain??? (from research, pain after IUI could mean ovulation pain).

It is my 1 DPI (1 day after IUI) and there's still pulling time to time but much less intense.

just let you guys know, my RE told me NO USE HEATING PAD AFTER OVULATION!--heating body core temp can kill sperms!!--i'm a heating pad lover but i had to say good bye.

fingers crossed and prayers for everyone!
stickybaby

Postby Jessiquoi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:53 pm

@nehakanak I'm so sorry. I bet I'll see you in the March IUI board because I'm doubting mine will work this month either.

@Luckyrisesun I've been mildly sick for a few days, but as much as I wish it was a symptom, I think I'm just mildly sick. I also almost started to cry because I've been asking DH to throw away this ridiculous really old kombucha he'd been trying to make but it's taken him two days and he still hasn't thrown it out yet (and I'm not doing it for him). Though that's probably just legit frustration.
Jessiquoi

Postby mybaby88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:00 pm

@annie2663, thanks a lot. Btw, are u going to POAS any sooner?this time I'm determined to not to hpt until 14 dpiui. because everytime i see single line , it breakes me to pieces. Any new symptoms? @Stickybaby, hi there.!I'm one day behind u. did my iui #2 on february 28th. so, lets be cycle buddies. It will be great to have support in this tww. senxing baby dust to all of us. Be cheerful ladies! We are doing our bear!
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mybaby88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Correction. We are doing our best! (Not bear) :D
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby stickybaby » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:31 pm

@mybaby88. hello! i'll be more than happy to be your cycle buddy! time is going very slow but it's good to have people who are going through the same/similar processes. we are like comrades! :) we gotta keep our positivity and go through this 2ww! we can do this! let's pray that our babies will sticky glue to our uterus! :P baby dust to all of us!
stickybaby

Postby nehakanak » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi Jessie..

Next plan is to do hysteroscopy. And then try iui/ivf after that.
I m ready to do anything. But not sure about success rate
Sperm count still at 10m
I m still here reading about u guys n praying for everyone here ....
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleEQ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi everyone. I was chatting with mybaby88 in another thread but thought I'd join in here. I am 33 and DH is 42 and this is our 12th cycle TTC #1 for me. I went and saw an RE and just had my first IUI on Friday 2/24. I'm very anxious but trying to relax since nothing I can do but wait to test. I tested the trigger on Sunday and got a positive test so that was reassuring to see the trigger in my system, but now I'll wait until 14dpiui to test again! Good luck to you all
LittleEQ

Postby stickybaby » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:01 am

@LittleEQ. welcome! more the merrier. days are going by so slow but I'm happy to see all of us supporting each other in this forum. Good Luck to you all!. please share any symptoms as days go by @liitleEQ, @mybaby88
stickybaby

Postby Saz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:26 am

Hi All, I am very new to this process and am not reallly sure what to expect. I have done my first IUI on the 22nd of Feb which makes me 7/8 dpo. I had a few cramps on the first day, but apart from that nothing out of the ordinary. Am I suppose to feel Something by now? Back ache or something!?!
Saz

Postby Grapes » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:46 am

Hi ladies, turns out it was AF. So I am out.
I started this thread with loads of hope from this cycle and all of u have been my support in tww. Thanks!
For now I am going to take a break.

Our doc suggests with pcos and 3 unsuccessful iuis, we should go for ivf. Let me know if you have any thoughts on it.
Thanks and lots of good wishes for BFPs to every one..
Grapes
Friend

Postby stickybaby » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:59 am

@Grapes. Hi. I recently joined the thread and thank you so much for sharing your story. it's too bad AF arrived this time but as a person who has PCOS, I understand it can be very difficult.this is my IUI#1 and I'm not sure how it is going to turn out. I was a mess, hormonal imbalance after i got off of BC (birth control) and Ive started acupuncture about 1 month ago and I feel like it's been helping me a lot--possibly because it helps me relax (or placebo effect). Anyway, my acupuncturist recommended me to take some supplement that help with PCOS symptoms and it's been working great!-->I really feel like i'm back to normal, more relaxed, less moody, more energy etc .

Since i've been TTC for a while, there were times I felt devastated, depressed and sad that the cycle didn't work but recently i had epiphany (or perhaps my hormones are balanced so I can think clearly) that "heck, if i'm not pregnant this month, there's another month that I can drink wine :)" I'm not pregnant yet so i'm not the best one to give you advice but we gotta keep positive mindset so body can do its work--along with numerous supplements in my case.
anyway, if you want the supplement list, I can put the list of supplement for you. please let me know.
stickybaby

Postby Jessiquoi » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi Saz, it looks like we're a day apart. I had my first IUI on the 23rd which puts me at 7dpo, 6dpiui. Although we all can't help symptom spotting, I hear you're only really supposed to start feeling symptoms after you get your BFP. I haven't felt much either, just a little cold (that is probably just a cold). When are you testing?
Jessiquoi

Postby Saz » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Hey Jessiquoi, i was thinking of testing on the 8th of March so 14 dpiui unless my AF crops up. I have PCOS So sometimes my cycle goes a bit crazy. I have been regular for the last couple of months as I am on Clomid. How about you? I caught a cold too on the day I did IUI, runny nose and slight sore throat, I didn't think it was connected.. could it be?!?
Saz

PreviousNext

Return to IUI