Getting ready for 2nd iui (CD 4 as of 18th feb 2017)

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Getting ready for 2nd iui (CD 4 as of 18th feb 2017)

Postby mybaby88 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:44 am

Hi ladies,

This is going to be my 2nd iui. pretty hopeful for this one. any one out there in the same boat? :)
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Getting ready for 2nd iui (CD 4 as of 18th feb 2017)

Postby LittleEQ » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Hello, I am CD 13 and just scheduled my first IUI for this Friday 2/24. I have been on clomid and was told to do trigger shot tomorrow night (2/22). I am 33 and DH is 42 and this is our 12th cycle trying. Good luck to you!
LittleEQ

Postby thumbelina » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Hello..

I am currently on my 2nd IUI try, I am also very hopeful this time around. Trying to pass the TWW and not read into too many symptoms. Just looking for support and hearing IUI success stories. I am 31 and DH is 36. It has been 2 years and of TTC. I had my 2nd IUI on Feb 14th <3 but I wont get my hopes up like the last time. Good luck to you both.
thumbelina

Postby mccbaby2 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Just had my 2nd IUI yesterday. Femara, Gonal F, HCG injection this cycle. I had two mature follies, one on each side. A little worried because I had the IUI 24 hours post trigger and I keep seeing more success with 36 hours. Here's hoping.
mccbaby2
Friend

Postby LittleEQ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:09 pm

side question for you ladies. Do people you are close to know you are going through fertility treatments or have you mostly kept it between you and your significant other? Just wanted to hear your experiences if you have shared with others. I'm a pretty open person with my parents and close friends, but I haven't mentioned anything to my family or close friends yet and no one knows that we have already been trying for a year. I haven't said anything because I'm worried it would add more stress to the situation because then I know my family will start getting anxious too ha (i'm the oldest and my parents have no grandchildren yet so they're getting impatient ha). hope you are all doing well!
LittleEQ

Postby nehakanak » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi

Wanted to know if hcg shots really cause ovulation ?

I had my first iui on 17th feb still on 2 weeks wait.
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mccbaby2 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:22 pm

I haven't told anybody except close friends (especially ones who've been there - need all the support I can get!!) I won't tell my parents because they'll just be asking about it all the time and it's stressful enough as is. I think ttc is a private matter since there's so much emotion involved. Everybody's different though in how they view it. Even if I did get that long sought after BFP, I'll keep quiet until I know for sure there's an alive and kicking baby in there!

As for the HCG, it makes your mature follicles release egg(s), usually after 36 hours. Pretty spot on per my RE, so carefully timed BD or IUI can up the chances.
mccbaby2
Friend

Postby LittleEQ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:34 pm

mccbaby2 wrote:I haven't told anybody except close friends (especially ones who've been there - need all the support I can get!!) I won't tell my parents because they'll just be asking about it all the time and it's stressful enough as is. I think ttc is a private matter since there's so much emotion involved. Everybody's different though in how they view it. Even if I did get that long sought after BFP, I'll keep quiet until I know for sure there's an alive and kicking baby in there!

As for the HCG, it makes your mature follicles release egg(s), usually after 36 hours. Pretty spot on per my RE, so carefully timed BD or IUI can up the chances.

Thanks for your reply, that is super helpful! I haven't told any friends except the one that referred me to the RE. I may tell my best friend because it's hard to not tell her everything! thanks again.
LittleEQ

Postby LittleEQ » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Just had my first IUI. Said sperm count and motility were good so we'll see how it goes! Was told to test in 2 weeks.
LittleEQ

Postby mybaby88 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:53 am

LittleEQ wrote:Hello, I am CD 13 and just scheduled my first IUI for this Friday 2/24. I have been on clomid and was told to do trigger shot tomorrow night (2/22). I am 33 and DH is 42 and this is our 12th cycle trying. Good luck to you!
Dear little EQ, today is your 2nd dpiui, isn't it? Are u back with ur usual day today routine or taking it easy. ? Is this ur 2nd iui? Today is my CD 12. I'm scheduled to do my trigger tonight and iui on 28th. So i wil be 4days behind you. :) I'm really hoping this 2nd iui is going to work.. please keep us posted. and heres hoping to see bfp news on this board sooon.... blessingss.....
:)
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleEQ » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:27 am

mybaby88 wrote:
LittleEQ wrote:Hello, I am CD 13 and just scheduled my first IUI for this Friday 2/24. I have been on clomid and was told to do trigger shot tomorrow night (2/22). I am 33 and DH is 42 and this is our 12th cycle trying. Good luck to you!
Dear little EQ, today is your 2nd dpiui, isn't it? Are u back with ur usual day today routine or taking it easy. ? Is this ur 2nd iui? Today is my CD 12. I'm scheduled to do my trigger tonight and iui on 28th. So i wil be 4days behind you. :) I'm really hoping this 2nd iui is going to work.. please keep us posted. and heres hoping to see bfp news on this board sooon.... blessingss.....

Hi, ya today is 2dpiui. This is my first IUI. I normally have Zero symptoms during a typical cycle so I'm curious if I will notice anything during this TWW. I normally do jiu jitsu self defense training on the weekends but I decided to hold off during this 2WW, but other than that I'm doing my usual routine. The only think I have felt so far was a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen the day of the IUI and then some pressure yesterday as well, and it has continued to decrease each day. I'm going to POAS now to check if trigger is in my system because I'm hoping we did the trigger shot correctly, it was more complicated than I thought!

Good luck with your 2nd IUI!
LittleEQ

Postby LittleEQ » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:27 am

mybaby88 wrote:

Hi, ya today is 2dpiui. This is my first IUI. I normally have Zero symptoms during a typical cycle so I'm curious if I will notice anything during this TWW. I normally do jiu jitsu self defense training on the weekends but I decided to hold off during this 2WW, but other than that I'm doing my usual routine. The only think I have felt so far was a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen the day of the IUI and then some pressure yesterday as well, and it has continued to decrease each day. I'm going to POAS now to check if trigger is in my system because I'm hoping we did the trigger shot correctly, it was more complicated than I thought!

LittleEQ

Postby mybaby88 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:44 pm

LittleEQ wrote:
mybaby88 wrote:

Hi there, litttle EQ, thank you for the wishes. I too think its wise to skip your training program in this tww. well for me , aftr my first iui, i felt like i have to be extra careful in anything i do. like walking to the markert, doing household chores... etc. because i thought what ever it is happening inside my body wants extra attention. Yes, having pressure kind of feeling in lower abdomen, i too felt. and bloating as well. Also whn i sleep sometimes it was uneasy to turn to the other side. By the way, y was ur trigger was complicated. i had my trigger on 26th 7.30pm. they said its ideal to unject to ur butt cheek cause having it to ur arm will cause pain later. So, here i am on my CD13, waiting for tomorrow. :) .So did you check the trigget . what was the result. ? Wishing you a peaceful tww. :)
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LittleEQ » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Good luck with your 2nd IUI![/quote] Hi there, litttle EQ, thank you for the wishes. I too think its wise to skip your training program in this tww. well for me , aftr my first iui, i felt like i have to be extra careful in anything i do. like walking to the markert, doing household chores... etc. because i thought what ever it is happening inside my body wants extra attention. Yes, having pressure kind of feeling in lower abdomen, i too felt. and bloating as well. Also whn i sleep sometimes it was uneasy to turn to the other side. By the way, y was ur trigger was complicated. i had my trigger on 26th 7.30pm. they said its ideal to unject to ur butt cheek cause having it to ur arm will cause pain later. So, here i am on my CD13, waiting for tomorrow. :) .So did you check the trigget . what was the result. ? Wishing you a peaceful tww. :)[/quote]

Hi again!

The trigger was complicated because they told me to inject 1ml and I had a hard time getting the full ml out of the vial and ended up only with 3/4ml. I told my RE about it but he said it's fine that they normally prescribe extra hcg for the trigger. I injected in my butt, and yes I had a positive pregnancy test with an internet cheapie so I'm glad that the trigger was in my system!
LittleEQ

Postby LittleEQ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:44 am

@mybaby88 how did your IUI go? Hope it went well!
LittleEQ

Next

Return to IUI