Looking for IUI success stories with severe MF infertility

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Looking for IUI success stories with severe MF infertility

Postby Jessiquoi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Anything out there? We had our first IUI today. DH had a count of 1.2 million (super low). The doc told us we had less than a one percent chance. Please someone give me some hope!
Jessiquoi

Re: Looking for IUI success stories with severe MF infertili

Postby cmt » Wed May 31, 2017 2:38 pm

Hey, I know this is getting old, but I thought I'd mention something that happened to us. Our washed counts are LOW (often zero). DH went OFF everything (no vitamins, no acupuncture, no cortisone cream for his eczema, etc.) and we were getting small improvements. Best was 1.2 million. Then our genius tech noticed the sample was "chunky" and - as she put it - swished it multiple times in and out of the tube and the chunks started dissolving. We got 3.6 million! Then she let the leftover sample sit for a few minutes and repeated. We got another 700,000! Now, 4.3 million isn't a ton, but it increases our chances greatly. And I went on Clomid this month to get more eggs (we think 3 matured at trigger), even though I have no infertility issues - just to up the chances even more.
Maybe it is worth discussing with your tech how they do the wash and if this might help. I'll let you know if this is finally our bfp month (we're at month 50).
cmt

Return to IUI