April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IUI

Postby nehakanak » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:48 am

my periods are normal ...but my age and amh is low ...dh sperm count is low ...i must be ovulating but things r not clicking...
My doctor said clomid will ensure ovulation. I cant take medicines more than tynelol...even that gives me red nose ...:)
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ajb38 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:43 am

nehakanak- have you thought about taking femara?
I took clomid one cycle and the side effects were awful, but the 2 cycles I took femara I had no side effects.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nehakanak » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:02 am

Thx Ajb ....i will talk to my ganeac tomorrow about femara ...
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bella89 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:51 am

So my AF kind of started this morning, but I will try to push it a little with progesterone. I need 2 more days or my whole cycle will go to waste!! (there is a May1-May3 holiday break +Saturday and Sunday before.5 days off will cut me out of the deal).
I don't even know if I can do that, but I don't have much choice:/
I will just pretend I didn't notice it :p
bella89
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nehakanak » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Oh...sorry to hear ur AF started....i dont think so u can do it....
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nehakanak » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Bfn...n my doc also left the hospital...now i m all the more stranded...
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ScarletBaby » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:30 pm

12dpiui today, I will go for beta on Tuesday morning.
I don't have any symptoms... Don't know what to expect... If this time won't work, we decided to take a break. Will probably have meeting with doctor, but we not ready for ivf anyway.
ScarletBaby
Friend

Postby ScarletBaby » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Btw I had some cramps last night and weird smells when I was cooking today, the water from the tab had interesting smell for me. Hopefully this means something.. I didn't even tell my husband...
ScarletBaby
Friend

Postby bella89 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:24 am

Have you tested yet? It definitelly can mean something:)
As soon as I'll officially start my meds I will join you in May IUI board. I have lot's of hope for next month!
bella89
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby ScarletBaby » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 am

I decided not to take pregnancy test, I will wait for tomorrow's blood test.
Will keep you posted
Good luck for all who are testing today
ScarletBaby
Friend

Postby Jessiquoi » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:18 pm

Oh Bella, I'm sorry! It's so unfair how we have such a hard time getting pregnant and our friends get pregnant in their first cycle trying.

ScarletBaby, I also had some weird cramps and weird smells going on today! I can't wait to find out your results. I'm at 10dpo and symptom spotting like it's my job.

It's DH's birthday on the 4th and I have this whole idea (if it works this month) to get cardboard box you'd normally have a necklace in, snap a photo of the pregnancy test and cut it to the size of the box. Then have another piece of paper on top of the photo with a pen drawing of him, me, and a baby on a tandem bicycle with our puppy trotting on the side. Then I'd wrap the whole thing and give it to him for his birthday. I'd love for him to find out that way. Dreams...
Jessiquoi

Postby ScarletBaby » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:47 pm

Jessiquoi wrote:Oh Bella, I'm sorry! It's so unfair how we have such a hard time getting pregnant and our friends get pregnant in their first cycle trying.

ScarletBaby, I also had some weird cramps and weird smells going on today! I can't wait to find out your results. I'm at 10dpo and symptom spotting like it's my job.

It's DH's birthday on the 4th and I have this whole idea (if it works this month) to get cardboard box you'd normally have a necklace in, snap a photo of the pregnancy test and cut it to the size of the box. Then have another piece of paper on top of the photo with a pen drawing of him, me, and a baby on a tandem bicycle with our puppy trotting on the side. Then I'd wrap the whole thing and give it to him for his birthday. I'd love for him to find out that way. Dreams...

Oh, that's so sweet!!! It's the best Birthday present ever!))) I wish your dream will come true!
Fingers crossed for me tomorrow, hopefully they'll call me with results asap.
ScarletBaby
Friend

Postby mbt50 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:07 am

I had my beta this morning, but I'm not expecting it to be positive since I took a FRER test this morning and it was negative.

FX for everyone else. Someone in this group is bound to get a positive this month right?!?!

Anyone that has done more than 1 IUI...Did your doc change you meds for your 2nd cycle? Or did you have to ask them to change your meds? I did 100mg Clomid days 5-9 this cycle and then the HCG trigger. I don't know that I want to spend all this money to try the exact same thing next cycle when this one didn't work.
Me: 36
DH: 39
TTC #1 on and off for 11 years

2/16/17: DH had SA...came back normal
3/4/17: HSG...All Clear

Mar: all natural; BFN
Apr: IUI Cycle #1 - 100mg Clomid, Pregnyl(trigger) - BFN
May: IUI Cycle #2 - 150mg Clomid

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:27 am

mbt50- I had my second IUI this month that resulted in a BFP!! My dr did change up things for this month since last month didn't work.
With the femara only last month I only had one follicle. This month she added in follistim injections to help and it did. I had 4 follicles this month.
Hoping you get good news on your beta results.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mbt50 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:39 am

Ajb38 wrote:mbt50- I had my second IUI this month that resulted in a BFP!! My dr did change up things for this month since last month didn't work.
With the femara only last month I only had one follicle. This month she added in follistim injections to help and it did. I had 4 follicles this month.
Hoping you get good news on your beta results.

Beta was negative as expected. This process is just so exhausting! I guess I'll be moving over to the May group.
Me: 36
DH: 39
TTC #1 on and off for 11 years

2/16/17: DH had SA...came back normal
3/4/17: HSG...All Clear

Mar: all natural; BFN
Apr: IUI Cycle #1 - 100mg Clomid, Pregnyl(trigger) - BFN
May: IUI Cycle #2 - 150mg Clomid

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

PreviousNext

Return to IUI