April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IUI

Postby bella89 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:26 am

So it appears we're not going to see each other in May IUI after all :( I just came back to the doctor's and he adviced us to wait with second IUI as the chances for us are less than 1%. DH results dropped drastically and he said we should take a closer look at what's going on with him. He's count was 5.2mil today with motility 7%.

I don't even have words on how devastaded I feel right now. It's like someone hit me with a baseball bat and left me numb...

Good luck in May girls!! I hope not to see you in June IUI :) I will look at how you're doing from time to time!
bella89
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jessiquoi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:23 am

mbt50, I'm so sorry! Sigh... I'll probably be moving there with you but I have a few more days until I find out. To answer your question, I had 2 IUIs thus far. I've been on femara/letrozole but my doctor said for the next try to stop using it altogether. I'm having a lot of midcycle bleeding with it and I've only ever had that using this stuff and Fertilitea. Our problem is male factor (at least we think at this point) so she said to stop using everything to see if it helps with the bleeding, which is bad for a variety of reasons.
Jessiquoi

Postby Jessiquoi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:27 am

Bella, we are exactly in the same place. Now we've found out it's a varicocele an we're waiting for the doctor to call us back about a surgery. Definitely encourage him to see a urologist. Good chance it's that because it's so common. The IUI doctor basically told us the same thing but the urologist said to keep trying them. Mixed opinions. If it works for us this time then definitely keep trying since we're in the same boat!
Last edited by Jessiquoi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jessiquoi

Postby ScarletBaby » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Well, I got negative results today...
Going to take a break for a few months at least...

Good luck ladies!
ScarletBaby
Friend

Postby solomom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi ladies! So glad I found this ... I'm in my first IUI and 4dpiui ... I never thought time could move so slowly!
solomom

Postby Jessiquoi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Oh Scarlet...I'm so sorry.

Solomom, welcome! I know, the wait is horrible.

I'm 10dpiui, 11 dpo. I'm feeling a bit crampy and just took a pregnancy test using an internet cheapie...bfn. Feeling a bit bummed but not sure how early those are accurate. AF is due Friday or Saturday.
Jessiquoi

Postby mbt50 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:47 am

Jessiquoi wrote:mbt50, I'm so sorry! Sigh... I'll probably be moving there with you but I have a few more days until I find out. To answer your question, I had 2 IUIs thus far. I've been on femara/letrozole but my doctor said for the next try to stop using it altogether. I'm having a lot of midcycle bleeding with it and I've only ever had that using this stuff and Fertilitea. Our problem is male factor (at least we think at this point) so she said to stop using everything to see if it helps with the bleeding, which is bad for a variety of reasons.

Hopefully you will get pregnant this cycle and won't have to join us in May. My doc wants me to do the clomid again this cycle.
Me: 36
DH: 39
TTC #1 on and off for 11 years

2/16/17: DH had SA...came back normal
3/4/17: HSG...All Clear

Mar: all natural; BFN
Apr: IUI Cycle #1 - 100mg Clomid, Pregnyl(trigger) - BFN
May: IUI Cycle #2 - 150mg Clomid

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby mbt50 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:52 am

Jessiquoi wrote:Bella, we are exactly in the same place. Now we've found out it's a varicocele an we're waiting for the doctor to call us back about a surgery. Definitely encourage him to see a urologist. Good chance it's that because it's so common. The IUI doctor basically told us the same thing but the urologist said to keep trying them. Mixed opinions. If it works for us this time then definitely keep trying since we're in the same boat!

Just wanted to give you girls some hope with the vericocele. I have a friend who had that. He had the surgery to correct it and a few months later they conceived their little boy. And 2 years after that they conceived their little girl. I think it is actually good news that you guys know what is causing your infertility and have a way to fix it. We have the dreaded "unexplained" infertility.
Me: 36
DH: 39
TTC #1 on and off for 11 years

2/16/17: DH had SA...came back normal
3/4/17: HSG...All Clear

Mar: all natural; BFN
Apr: IUI Cycle #1 - 100mg Clomid, Pregnyl(trigger) - BFN
May: IUI Cycle #2 - 150mg Clomid

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby bella89 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 am

We made an appointment for May 9th (sigh.. 2 weeks of time waisted). We will know more then.As for now we know that he's testosterone is way too low 1,5 (2,8-8 scale). I wonder if it can go up with any kind of surgery :(
I appreciate our doctor because he doesn't want to create false hope and just take money for IUI, but as the time goes I just feel so helpless.

Mbt50 that's true. unexplained infertility was our problem for a while now. Just recently DH's results dropped just enough to discover it's a problem. But I do feel a little relieved to be honest.
bella89
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jessiquoi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 am

Hey Bella, my husband's testosterone is on the low side too although I'm not sure of the numbers. Varicocele surgery should increase the levels. We've been waiting a week for the urologist to call us back and schedule the surgery. I hate how long this all takes. I feel your pain!

Mbt, I asked the doc about Clomid when I was there. Apparently it works in a completely different way than letrozole so if one doesn't work for you maybe try the other? I'm gonna try Clomid after a natural cycle or two. Greater chance of multiples with Clomid (which to me sounds awesome but not to my doctor).

12 dpo today. BFN with FMU. AF will probably be showing up tomorrow at the earliest. Ugh. I hope not because I'm about to go backpacking tomorrow and it'll be a pain in the @ss on top of the disappointment.
Jessiquoi

April IUI

Postby Kristimh » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:29 am

Hi everyone! New here :) Just had an IUI on Saturday, April 22nd. Now in the dreaded two week wait! best of luck to everyone on their April IUI's!!
Kristimh

Postby AshleyPhoenix15 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:39 am

Ajb38 wrote:mbt50- I had my second IUI this month that resulted in a BFP!! My dr did change up things for this month since last month didn't work.
With the femara only last month I only had one follicle. This month she added in follistim injections to help and it did. I had 4 follicles this month.
Hoping you get good news on your beta results.

Ajb38 Well, looks like we literally went through the exact same thing because I just got my BFP last night. Congratulations!!! Have you had your beta yet?
AshleyPhoenix15
Friend

Postby Jessiquoi » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 am

Ashley, congrats!!!

Kristi, welcome! The 2ww is so hard!

Unfortunately for me AF came this morning. See you in the May group.
Jessiquoi

Postby Ajb38 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:18 am

Ashley-Congratulations!!!! That's so exciting. I did. Monday was 141 and Wednesday it had gone up to 451. I have an ultrasound appt on May 12th.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby AshleyPhoenix15 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:09 pm

thanks everyone. This is the (hopefully) end to a 2-year long journey for us with a lot of sacrifices and emotions along the way. The wait was worth it.
AshleyPhoenix15
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI