1st IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

1st IUI

Postby Mprince9413 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:46 pm

hey, my name is Morgan. I am 30 years old, have 2 children already, 11 and 6. They are from previous marriage. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years. We have had every test imaginable done and everything checked out perfect. So we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility. This month for the first time on any meds, I took clomid days 3 through 7 and had an ultrasound on day 11. I had 2 follies on right that were 16mm, one on left that was 22mm. That day they gave me ovidrel injection and 24 hrs later we had our first insemination. This has been so nerve wrecking for me. We have shed many tears on this journey and are so praying for a BFP this month. I am supposed to start my cycle on March 29th. I wanted to post and see if anyone else is in the same boat and just to have a support group of some kind. We are curious to know how many people received their bfp on first try. I am taking prenatal vitamins, 600 mg CoQ10, fish oil, dha, and vitamin d (low on blood work) would love to hear other stories!!
Mprince9413
Friend

Re: 1st IUI

Postby Nickysy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:59 am

Hi Morgan! Good luck for this cycle. I hope you will find the support you are looking for here. I most def have. Me and DH have been trying for baby no 1 on and off for last 2 years. 15 cycles to be precise. Amidst a confusing diagnosis of endo or pcod, with no certainty, we were put in unexplained category ourselves. I had first IUI in mar 2016, and after BFN, we both took a break for few months. Had my 2nd IUI in Feb 2017, BFN. Now third one in Mar 2017. AF is expected on 27-28th March. I am hoping 3rd time is the charm. Though i had only one mature follie this time at the time of trigger. (Clomid-100 mg, day 2-6). And now at 11 dpo, not feeling any preggers.
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.
Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Apr/May/ June 2016- on a break from ttc
July Scan- Simple cysts, slightly elevated AMH - possible PCOD
BCPs+ Metformin- August and September 2016

Trying Naturally : Since Oct 2016 again.

Feb/March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Waiting for beta
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:03 am

Hi, I also just had my first IUI this month. I had it on the 16th. I got pregnant with my 2.5 year old son very easily so when the second one didn't come as easily I was quite shocked. We have been trying for over a year now. I wish I would have started at the RE sooner. But now that I have I somewhat feel a little more hopeful. My AF is due around the 29th or 30th. Looks like all 3 of us are in the same boat. Fingers crossed for all of us. This TWW is awful. I find it harder with the IUI than I did any natural month. I only had 1 follicle so trying not to get my hopes up.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nickysy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:08 am

Hello Ajb.. I know what you mean by not keepimg hopes up. I only had one follie myself this cycle, as against 3 good ones in last. Sorry, am not being a ray of sunshine right now. Fxed though that this is the month for all of us. Good luck and keep us posted.

Morgan: Hoping you are doing ok.
Last edited by Nickysy on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:41 am

Thanks Nickysy. My name is actually Amanda:) It's ok, I really am not much sunshine either. I think I don't want to get my hopes up only to get disappointed again. I hope this cycle works for you too. Looks like you have been through way more than I have. This is only my first month of fertility treatments. But I will be 40 in July so my dr isn't wasting any time.
I go tomorrow for a progesterone test. Hoping I don't have to take a supplement. All of these hormones really can mess with you.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pitalove » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi Ladies,

Hope its okay if I join! DH(35) and I (30) are planning for our first IUI on Saturday. I was on Clomid day 3-7 and had my cd11 scan yesterday. My lining was thin and I had 4 follicles on the right and 2 on the left. The ones on the right ranged from 11-16mm and I have a follow up scan tomorrow. Am I still in the game and is there anything I can do miraculously overnight to thicken my lining??

Thanks!
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Nickysy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:38 pm

Amanda: Thats a lovely name. I am glad your doctor has a proactive approach for you! Good luck.. I guess, journey has its share of ups and downs for everyone. Age doesn't seem to be the criteria for it anymore!

Pitalove: Sure you can join us. Clomid can have that side effect and I have had it too. My doc prescribed me estrogen for the same purpose. If possible for you, talk to your doctor, so that they can advice the dosage,if required, accordingly. Its wed, so you still have 2 days before IUI. And implantation can happen anywhere between 5-12 dpo. Which means there is still time for the lining to thicken. Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mprince9413 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Wow! I didn't get on for a few days bc no one has responded. Nickysy I hope that you get a BFP this cycle. It sounds like you are a little discouraged. I am trying so hard not to be. I am 6 dpiui.. Since 4dpiui I have had extremely sore breasts, even nipples which never happened for me. Slight cramping everyday. I actually tested this morning and got a BFN but I was only doing that to see if the trigger shot was still in my system. This tww is driving me insane!
Ajb38... I am scheduled for af to start on the 29th and was given the green light to test on that day. I feel the same as you, it is MUCH harder on the tww after iui. Really hoping for bfp for all of us!
Pitalove thanks for joining! I'm not sure about the lining as I've not crossed that bridge yet. Sorry I can't help. :) good luck everyone!!
Mprince9413
Friend

Postby Nickysy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Morgan: Thanks. Don't be discouraged at all. At the moment I am just trying to strike a balance between being too hopeful and no belief at all. Thats all. Some days are good, other days hormones just take over! AF is due on 27th. But progesterone normally delays it for me. So can be by 28th-29th. Nonethless, I am scheduled for beta on 27th. So lets see.

Sending positive sticky vibes to everyone! Hoping that BFP is closer to all of us than we can imagine.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Pitalove » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:31 am

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming! I was on another board (different site) and they were awful and I said I would never join another forum, but I did and glad it was this one :)

Just had last follicle scan this morning and lining jumped to 7mm! Not perfect but don't know how it did that it 2 days. Trigger planned for tonight and IUI Saturday- omg this is getting really real. I don't know how you all deal with all these emotions!

Nickysy- wow beta on Monday, must be excited and nervewrecking- FX for you.
Mprince- I think 6 dpiui is too early, from what I've heard- keeping up hope for you!
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Nickysy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:46 am

Hello Pitalove: Glad you could find support here. I most def have had. Good news about the lining. They say above 7 mm is good. As it is, by the time you get your IUI, I am sure it will be 8mm plus. Good luck for Sat. Its an emotional roller coster ride, so sit tight! Will be difficult to relax, but you can def talk/vent out here. AFM, I am trying to take 1 day at a time. Thank you for your support.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ajb38 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 am

Pitalove: Good luck on your IUI Saturday. That's awesome news about your lining. How are your follicles?
Nickysy: Have you done any tests or are you just waiting for beta on Monday?

Afm I just got back from having my progesterone tested. Will know the results in a few hours. Of course me being the crazy TTC person I have already googled normal levels for the beginning of pregnancy, lol. The internet can be our friend and the devil at the same time!
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Nickysy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:21 am

Amanda: I totally get you on googling! Can't think of anything under the sun, related to ttc, that i wouldn't have googled about! Good luck with your results. I am patiently waiting it out for the betas.
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mprince9413 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:00 am

Pitalove:so glad you feel comfortable here :) I've never reached out on forums until now in fear of people being negative. Hopefully by Saturday every thing will be perfect. Do you know how many follies? I think 6dpiui could be too early but I've seen several start out with symptoms and have bfp. I just wish :)
Amanda I feel like a lot of days, every twinge I have I HAVE to Google and see if it's a possible sign. Ahh I'm gonna go crazy over all of this. Good luck to everyone!!
Mprince9413
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 pm

My dr office just called and said my progesterone level is great! It is 17.2. So of course now my hopes are up again, lol. What were everyone else's progesterone levels after IUI?
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IUI