1st IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 1st IUI

Postby Ajb38 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Thanks Nicksy!!! I hope all of us get those positives, but today I am not so hopeful. Been having some cramping off and on. I had an emotional breakdown this morning. This IUI thing is no joke. Makes TTC so much harder to bear in my opinion. Keep me posted on your test. When do you do bloodwork?
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Pitalove » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:03 am

Amanda: this IUI this is indeed no joke and can def take a toll mentally. They say keep calm and not think about it, but its impossible. I can't remember, is this your first IUI? I'ts mine too so new to navigating these emotions.

Mprince: looking forward to your next test! FX

Nickys: When is your beta?!!

Update: I had my IUI on Saturday and DH sample was excellent they said and I had 2 follicles. I started progesterone along with my estrogen yesterday. How is everyone feeling? I literally feel like crap and not sure if its all the hormones or what. Bad headache, extremely nauseous, tired and emotional. Any advice??
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:29 am

Pita-this is my first IUI. I feel like during regular months of TTC you know the chances of getting pregnant are not that high, but once you add in IUI you have higher expectations. So the disappointment is even greater. At least that is how I feel about it.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mprince9413 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:37 am

Amanda I am now in the same boat as you. I've kinda lost hope this cycle. I have been having af cramps off and on this morning, which usually happens 1 or 2 days before af comes. I've already called in a refill on clomid to pick up in a few days. I'm supposed to test Wednesday, so I will if I wake up and af hasn't shown her ugly self.
Out alive I felt the same way. I hurt pretty bad for 2 days after iui. I'm not sure why either. I also was very emotional and really tired, on and off nausea. But all of that has subsided for me, at least it's not as bad as it was. My boobs hurt SO bad like 3 dpiui and now only nipples are tender (sorry tmi). I thought that could be a good sign but now im cramping. Usually before af my boobs hurt but only on sides, nipples never tender. Who knows. This stuff makes me feel crazy.Just have to stay positive and hopeful! Hopefully we will all have positive results. I am testing Wednesday so fx!!
Mprince9413
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:32 am

Yeah, I am having pretty heavy cramping too. Didn't even bother testing this morning because I am 99% sure I am out. Wish it would just come on now if it is going to.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Nickysy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:57 am

Hello...

I had to take an unexpected travel out of town. And couldn't post. Probably also kept my mind sane for last 2 days.

Amanda, Morgan: I am so sorry you ladies are feeling out. IUI is def no joke. And expectations and the feeling of heartbreak definitely increases manifold. I am still holding out hope for you that AF won't show up. For majority of females, PMS and pregnancy signs are pretty much the same. This is my third IUI. And i didn't feel any less pain the second time, as compared to first. I did get my betas done today, but sister didn't call back, and they weren't available online. So will have to wait till morning.

I had an emotional breakdown myself on Saturday, but I have come to expect that its bound to happen. And have started to count my days as good and bad. I know its impossible to keep calm. So I am trying the next possible thing. Allowing myself to feel watever i am feeling, and then put it aside. Saturday was a bad day, Sunday was good. Today was a mix. And its ok to feel it. Me and DH have already made our plans for IVF in June or July. And till then, I will continue to feel my good and bad days. But I do believe, that its going to happen, sooner or later. Just a matter of time.

Pita: I am happy to hear all went well at IUI. Fxed 1st time is the charm for you! Progesterone is a nasty hormone. And combined with hcg from trigger, you are bound to get all the side effects. Just keep yourself hydrated, and get enough sleep. Really helps with nitty gritties.

Wishing all of us super sticky BFPs soon!
My Ovulation Chart

Me(33), DH (31), Ttc#1 since Sep 2015
Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nov-Dec 2015- Clomid plus trigger- BFN
HSG-Feb 2016: Tubes perfectly clear
March 2016 IUI: Clomid+Estrogen+ HCG trigger+ Progesterone: BFN
Feb and March 2017- IUI ( Clomid + Hcg Trigger+ Progesterone)- BFN

IVF#1- May-June 2017: 6 embabies frozen on day 3. No fresh transfer.

FET#1- Oct 2017: 3 embabies * day 3 Transferred. Chemical pregnancy.
Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Oh Nickysy, that is so annoying that you have to wait another day for bloodwork. Have you done any tests at home? Or are you just waiting on the bloodwork?

Thanks for the positive thoughts. Sorry you had a bad day also this weekend. With all the disappointment and hormones associated with TTC it is no wonder that we have breakdowns. I think it is best to get it out and then move on. Please update as soon as you get your betas. Wishing good thoughts for you!
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:43 pm

Well I am officially out. AF just showed up.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Mprince9413 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:46 pm

Nickysy I feel the same way that you do as far as feeling it and taking it in and moving on. My dh does not understand the emotional side for a woman and it's hard explaining not only how this is such a roller coaster but the meds don't make it any easier. I have been in a funky mood today and yesterday. I also cramped so bad today and just knew af was coming but still nothing. Just waiting for it now..
Amanda I am so sorry. I'm sure af will show for me tomorrow. We still have next time though. My Dr told me to expect to try 3 or 4 cycles with iui, that's the "normal". I know you probably hoped like I did that it would happen the first time.
Mprince9413
Friend

Postby Nickysy » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Amanda: I am so sorry AF showed up! Hang in there girl. It will happen..

Morgan: Thanks. Yup, DH def cannot figure out why i can have such emotional upheavels.. hes def become more accepting of the fact that i will, so these days he just listens to calmly. I guess thats his way of dealing with this.

AFM, been feeling AFy as soon as i got up. Witch isnt here yet, but I am sure it will be in a few hours time.
My Ovulation Chart

Mild endometriosis and PCOD diagnosed feb 2015, DH: Slightly low morphology, great counts.

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Nickysy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:48 am

Quick update. My betas were negative! On to the next phase.. AF hasnt shown up yet. But am already feeling AFy. So witch should be here by tomorrow..
My Ovulation Chart

Nickysy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:06 am

So sorry Nickysy!!! I guess what they say about only needing one follicle was not in our favor this month:( What are you going to do next?
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Pitalove » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:14 am

Ugh so sorry aunt flo has started for you Amanda and that it is on its way for the rest of you girls. This makes me sad and now I feel hopeless. Had super cramping and night sweats last night but nausea a bit better today.

What is everyone's next step plans?
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks Pita- hopefully you at least get a BFP for us this month!!!
I go back to the dr Thursday to see what the plan is for this month. They had mentioned doing the femara again but adding injectibles. I'm not too excited about that, but willing to give it a shot. No pun intended, lol
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:21 pm

Am I just a wuss or are everyone else's periods way worse on medicated cycles? I typically don't even cramp enough to take anything, but today I have taken ibuprofen twice so far and it isn't really helping.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IUI