1st IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: 1st IUI

Postby Pitalove » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Super exciting Morgan.

AFM, I'm now 7dpiui and the only real symptoms I have are super exhausted and I'm breaking out all over my face! Ugh. No breast tenderness, etc so I'm really worried that I might be out this month :(
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Mprince9413 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Don't be too worried just yet... I know tons of people w zero breast tenderness. Mine has actually gone away. I honestly have zero symptoms right now other than super tired. And my pregnancy is going great So far. So don't count it out yet. I was 100% positive I was out and going to start my cycle and it never came. Fx for you!
Mprince9413
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:19 am

Pitalove- any new updates? Have you tested?
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pitalove » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:52 am

Ahhh no I haven't tested yet and was actually going to ask the group when I should. Its such a conflicting feeling because I want to test but I also don't want to see a BFN. So I am 10dpiui today and AF is due Saturday and I have beta scheduled Monday. Would Friday be too early (13dpiui)? Symptoms are: extremely tired, mild sore boobs, bad nausea and lots of CM (sorry tmi). So it could really be anything!
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 am

You are so good for not testing yet. I always say I'm not and then I cave. Friday is definitely not too early. And those symptoms sound good!! You can't really imagine increase in CM like you can the other symptoms, lol
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pitalove » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:19 am

Amanda- have you started your Femara yet? When do you think next IUI will be scheduled?
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:56 am

Yes, I took my last dose of Femara last night and I also started my injections last night. I am doing 3 days of follistim injections. I go to the dr Thursday. I am thinking it will be scheduled for either Saturday or Monday. Fingers crossed for more than one follicle this time.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mprince9413 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Out alive: My Dr actually told me the day of my iui I could start testing 13 dpiui. I got my first positive on the morning of day 13. It was faint, but it was positive. :)
Mprince9413
Friend

Postby Pitalove » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:52 am

Amanda: FX for lots of big nice follicles. Let us know what the ultrasound shows! If I start AF on Saturday, most likely I'll just restart another round of clomid on Monday- yay NOT!

Morgan: How are you feeling? Crazy symptoms yet?

Ugh I totally almost caved this morning and was going to test. I woke up and had to pee and held it for so long while I debated if I should check or not. I didn't. I wonder if I can just wait and see if AF arrives on Saturday before putting myself through the disappointment of seeing the BFN...
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:23 pm

You are so strong not testing yet. I probably would have done 5 already, lol. I told myself this time I am not testing until at least 13dpiui. The disappointment is too much.
I am hoping that you get your BFP this month also.

Morgan-have you had your betas drawn yet? Sorry, I can't remember.

I am hoping for plenty big follicles. I have one more injection tonight then ultrasound tomorrow. I will definitely keep you posted.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mprince9413 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:49 am

Pitalove I am feeling fine actually. I'm really tired some days and a lot of energy other days. I have actually lost 5 lbs since last week, I don't really have nausea but lots of things makes me turn my nose up and I don't feel hungry a lot of the time. I'm having to make myself eat and making healthy choices. Still crampy here and there but very light. I did start spotting light brown yesterday. Talked to my Dr and they said it was normal in the first trimester as long as it's not red I'm fine but to take it easy until 1st ultrasound(April 18th). This pregnancy is so different from my last two so far.
Are you having symptoms at all? Fx for BFP!
Amanda my first beta was 97 and second was 286. Progesterone 56 and thyroid was good at 2.4. They are not doing anymore blood work bc everything looked great. I am having first us at 6 1/2 weeks at the fertility clinic and then moving on to regular ob after that. Excited to hear how your follies look!
Mprince9413
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:28 am

Pita- can't wait to hear your results when you finally test!!!
Morgan-Those numbers are great. I hope they continue going well.

AFM-I just got back from the dr. On right I have a 18.3mm follicle and on the left I have 16.2mm, 19.31mm and 13.2mm. So excited that the follistim worked. She decided I should do one more shot of follistim tonight to see if we can boost that 13mm little guy. Then I trigger tomorrow night and IUI Sunday morning.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pitalove » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:40 am

Well I tested this morning and a BFN. I kinda figured because I have never seen a positive so what made me think I'd get it this time. I'm trying to stay positive and say oh well this was just my first time, I wouldn't want a December baby, etc. but it still stings. Having AF symptoms so should start tomorrow. If I get a normal flow should I even go ahead with my beta scheduled on Monday or just go in for day 3 follicle scan? Also I'm confused on if I continue my progesterone and estrogen inserts during a period? eww
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:57 am

Pita- so sorry about the BFN. I think we have such high hopes for a IUI versus a regular month of TTC that it does hurt so much worse when you don't get that positive.
If you get your period there would be no need for betas. Just schedule your cd3 scan and see what the plan will be for the next month. About the inserts I have no advice to give on those.
I was really down when I didn't get a BFP, but once I started in my new month and had a new plan of action I became hopeful again. I hope that happens for you also.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pitalove » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:04 am

So...I got over the BFN on Friday and was like okay lets do round 2 but I never got AF so I kept my beta for this morning. That gave me a dangerous amount hope to cling to. They just called and confirmed the BFN and said the progesterone is making me have a delayed period and to stop it for now....Ugh nothing like getting smacked in the face AGAIN, would have been better to just get AF. DH said he never wants me to POAS and only go for betas...yea thats probably not going to happen lol.

Amanda- did you to IUI this weekend?
Pitalove
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI