May iui

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: May iui

Postby KFinNY » Mon May 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Hi everyone! Jumping back in here-- I just had my monitoring appt today (cd12) and was given the trigger shot. IUI is scheduled for tomorrow at 3:00. I had two follicles on my right side- 18.5 and 20.4. Fingers crossed! Hopefully this month goes better than April!
KFinNY

Postby mbt50 » Mon May 01, 2017 1:38 pm

KFinNY wrote:Hi everyone! Jumping back in here-- I just had my monitoring appt today (cd12) and was given the trigger shot. IUI is scheduled for tomorrow at 3:00. I had two follicles on my right side- 18.5 and 20.4. Fingers crossed! Hopefully this month goes better than April!

Awesome! FX for you. Looks like you are the first one this month! It seems like more people get their BFP on the 2nd or 3rd IUI than on the 1st. Hoping that is what happens for us this month.
Me: 36
DH: 39
TTC #1 on and off for 11 years

2/16/17: DH had SA...came back normal
3/4/17: HSG...All Clear

Mar: all natural; BFN
Apr: IUI Cycle #1 - 100mg Clomid, Pregnyl(trigger) - BFN
May: IUI Cycle #2 - 150mg Clomid

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby Meagan513 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 pm

New to board. I have pcos and just finished my 1st iui. Having some bloating/ gas post iui this morning. Trying not to poas too soon. Good luck to all!! Very inspired to read all the supportive posts.
Meagan513

Postby mandi2911 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Hi ladies!

I had my first IUI on April 4th (femara/letrozole and ovidrel). At CD 12 scan, I had 2 follicles (24mm and 19mm). Estrogen was 260 before trigger and lining was 6.7. I've heard that lining and estrogen are affected by the femara. Unfortunately, I started spotting 10 days post IUI. I initially was convinced that it was implantation bleeding but I got my full flow 13 days post IUI (CD26).

I had my second IUI yesterday with two mature follicles again. The only difference this time is that I requested progesterone suppositories post IUI, which I just started today. I had to do my own research to find out that progesterone will help delay your period so there is a better chance of implantation and also creates a thicker lining.
I have had a lot of issues with my fertility clinic (Boston IVF). They don't do baselines or 7dpo testing. The only testing is done on CD 12 so I feel kind of in the dark.

Does anyone else go through just 1 testing day per cycle at CD12? It seems like everyone has at like 2 or 3 days of testing throughout their cycle...

Will let everyone know how things pan out...

For reference, I am 31 years old with mild PCOS (periods every 2-3 months). Eggs are good. No male factor infertility. 1 miscarriage.
Me: 31
DH: 32
TTC: 2 years (1 miscarriage at 6 wks)
Diagnosis: mild PCOS (period every 2-3 months, very irregular), hashimoto's
IUI #1 (4/4): femara 5mg, ovidrel: BFN
IUI #2 (5/1): femara 5mg, ovidrel, progesterone (crinone): BFN
IUI #3 (6/1) femara 5mg, ovidrel, progesterone (crinone):
mandi2911

Postby mglupe1979 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi mandy, for iui there is not many visit to follow up since the medication are moderated. I have done 8 iui and i only go for the base ultrasound to make sure their is no cyst left from the previous cycle and then on cd 12 or cd 11 ultrasound for folicle size then trigger and iui 24 or 36 hour. If you go to injectable then there is a little bit more of monitoring.
For me this cycle im going thru the protocol of ivf with iui.
3 weeks of birth control 14 days of lepron to put everything to sleep and then start the injectabel in a lower dose than ivf and see if my 9th iui will be the lucky one. Im under tge category on unknown infertility good egg reserve good sprem count and nada.
mglupe1979
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Jessiquoi » Tue May 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi ladies, I know most of you by now as this will be our third IUI attempt. My husband has two varicoceles, one in each testicle. We're waiting on a surgery date and trying IUIs up until then.
Jessiquoi

Postby Roxy_girl » Tue May 02, 2017 7:15 pm

Oh my goodness, I feel like all I do is go for monitoring. I go CD 3, 12, and then every 2-3 days until I'm ready for my trigger. It's difficult with work because I drive 45 min to my RE in Connecticut and it has to be between 7-8am. It's stressful, but I'm glad they are thorough.

I did Clomid/ Ovidrel last cycle, but only had one mature follicle. My lining was thin, so they put me on estrogen until AF. I hope the progesterone helps you. It must have been really disappointing to have spotting mid-cycle. I feel like I'm always looking for it as a good sign. This month, I started Femara and Follistim, and I will probably get my trigger Thursday.

mandi2911 wrote:Hi ladies! I had my first IUI on April 4th (femara/letrozole and ovidrel). At CD 12 scan, I had 2 follicles (24mm and 19mm). Estrogen was 260 before trigger and lining was 6.7. I've heard that lining and estrogen are affected by the femara. Unfortunately, I started spotting 10 days post IUI. I initially was convinced that it was implantation bleeding but I got my full flow 13 days post IUI (CD26).

I had my second IUI yesterday with two mature follicles again. The only difference this time is that I requested progesterone suppositories post IUI, which I just started today. I had to do my own research to find out that progesterone will help delay your period so there is a better chance of implantation and also creates a thicker lining.
I have had a lot of issues with my fertility clinic (Boston IVF). They don't do baselines or 7dpo testing. The only testing is done on CD 12 so I feel kind of in the dark.

Does anyone else go through just 1 testing day per cycle at CD12? It seems like everyone has at like 2 or 3 days of testing throughout their cycle...

Will let everyone know how things pan out...

For reference, I am 31 years old with mild PCOS (periods every 2-3 months). Eggs are good. No male factor infertility. 1 miscarriage.
Roxy_girl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nehakanak » Tue May 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Tomorrow is my first scan after 5 days of clomid.....its my 3rd iui n i feel so routinized this month...same scanning ..same blood test .....
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nehakanak » Wed May 03, 2017 11:56 pm

Due to vlomid i have 4 follicles...all in good size but cant do iui before saturday....i hope it would be okay to wait till then?
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mbt50 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:19 am

nehakanak wrote:Due to vlomid i have 4 follicles...all in good size but cant do iui before saturday....i hope it would be okay to wait till then?

I guess it depends on when you ovulate. Are you using OPKs? My doc has me use the OPKs until we do the trigger shot. If I were to ovulate before the trigger shot, she would have me go ahead and come in for the IUI. My RE is open 7 days a week because timing is so important. I would definitely use the OPKs. I wouldn't want to spend the money on an IUI if I ovulated before I could even have the IUI.

What size were your follicles? If they were already the right size, I don't understand why they didn't give you the trigger shot yesterday and have you do the IUI today.

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby nehakanak » Thu May 04, 2017 6:06 am

One was 20 and were in rance 13-15...

He checked opk there ...he told me saturday should be good ...but then its just cd10....and he said no trigger required...so i m more confused

Moreover 4 follicles would result in multiple is it?
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KFinNY » Fri May 05, 2017 8:49 am

How is everyone doing this month? I had my IUI on Tuesday 5/2 so I'm currently 3dpIUI. I'm already going crazy!
KFinNY

Postby mbt50 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:39 am

KFinNY wrote:How is everyone doing this month? I had my IUI on Tuesday 5/2 so I'm currently 3dpIUI. I'm already going crazy!

I took the last of my clomid last night. I have my mid cycle scan Monday. I'm hoping I will be good to trigger Wednesday and do the IUI Thursday. DH is a fire fighter so he has a crazy schedule. But he is off Thursday and Friday so that would be the perfect time for our schedules. If our IUI falls on a day he has to work, we have to scramble to find someone to cover his shift.

My Ovulation Chart
mbt50

Postby KFinNY » Fri May 05, 2017 11:06 am

mbt50 wrote:
KFinNY wrote:How is everyone doing this month? I had my IUI on Tuesday 5/2 so I'm currently 3dpIUI. I'm already going crazy!

I took the last of my clomid last night. I have my mid cycle scan Monday. I'm hoping I will be good to trigger Wednesday and do the IUI Thursday. DH is a fire fighter so he has a crazy schedule. But he is off Thursday and Friday so that would be the perfect time for our schedules. If our IUI falls on a day he has to work, we have to scramble to find someone to cover his shift.

Good luck!!
KFinNY

Postby nehakanak » Sat May 06, 2017 6:09 am

Dpiui1 ....so painful with bleeding ...:(
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI