May iui

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: May iui

Postby nehakanak » Thu May 11, 2017 4:10 pm

6dpiui...i am so angry cant control my anger ...or suddenly crying for nothing ....:)
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KFinNY » Sun May 14, 2017 6:43 am

Well I'm currently 11dpIUI and just took my first test... BFN. I keep reading online that there is still a chance for a BFP at this point, but I'm starting to get pretty sad. Fingers crossed for a BFP in the next few days!

How is everyone else doing?
KFinNY

Postby mandi2911 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi KFinNY,

I'm in a similar spot. I planned on taking a test today but caved and ended up taking one yesterday at 12dpiui. It was BFN.
Even though there technically is a tiny chance I could still get a positive, I decided not to test again today since it's Mother's Day and I'm already having a tough time. I have my blood test tomorrow morning but am fully expecting a BFN.
My fertility diagnosis is mild PCOS and my doctor seemed almost certain I would be pregnant within 3 IUI cycles so this is a huge bummer because I had not mentally prepared for it. I still have 1 more try before IVF but I just feel totally defeated.

Hoping others have more success this month!

Amanda
Me: 31
DH: 32
TTC: 2 years (1 miscarriage at 6 wks)
Diagnosis: mild PCOS (period every 2-3 months, very irregular), hashimoto's
IUI #1 (4/4): femara 5mg, ovidrel: BFN
IUI #2 (5/1): femara 5mg, ovidrel, progesterone (crinone): BFN
IUI #3 (6/1) femara 5mg, ovidrel, progesterone (crinone):
mandi2911

Postby nehakanak » Sun May 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Baby dust guys....
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mandi2911 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 am

Just got a call from the nurse and pregnancy test was negative. On to the next cycle I guess...

Wishing everyone else luck.
mandi2911

Postby Pitalove » Mon May 15, 2017 11:05 am

Hi All,
I'd love to jump in. April IUI was a negative and just found out this morning May IUI was also negative. Ugh, I'm so frustrated and emotional. Both cycles I did Clomid + Ovidrel and they are switching me to Femera+ Ovidrel for next cycle but I'm still waiting for AF to show.

Anyone switching meds or have experience with Femera? Feeling really really negative at the moment and I give many props to all those women that do this month after month. I don't know if I have that strength!!! :doh:

xoxo
Pitalove
Friend

Postby KFinNY » Mon May 15, 2017 12:34 pm

Mandi2911 and Pitalove-

I'm so sorry. That's really disappointing. I think that's the news I'm going to get tomorrow, so we're all probably in the same boat.

Mandi- you mentioned switching up meds and that's something I've been thinking about. I've been on Femara + the trigger + progesterone for both of my IUI attempts, but I'm wondering if injectables is the next step. The thing is, I don't have any know fertility issues, I'm just a lesbian using donor sperm. All of my tests have pointed in the direction that I'm pretty fertile. Theoretically, there is no reason why IUI shouldn't work, especially with these meds. My fear is that I move on to injectables and end up with something ridiculous like quadruplets. This is all so frustrating!

Hugs to everyone!
KFinNY

Postby mandi2911 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:40 pm

KFinNY,

I am very hesitant to try injectables for that very reason. I am going to give IUI 2 more tries. If that doesn't work, I am going to go straight to eSET (elective single embryo transfer). It is the type of IVF where they identify and implant the single highest quality embryo. They recommend this for women under 35 who are able to produce high quality eggs. I know IVF is more involved than using injectables but I just personally don't feel comfortable with the high possibility of having multiples. Of course, cost may be a factor too. I have very good insurance that covers IVF.

Amanda
mandi2911

Postby mandi2911 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Pitalove,

I was never on Clomid but I hear that many women prefer Femara due to fewer side effects. I've gone through 2 cycles so far and haven't experienced any side effects with Femara. I believe both drugs have the same/very similar success rates. Might be worth a try.

Amanda
mandi2911

Postby nehakanak » Mon May 15, 2017 6:40 pm

I took clomid this time for my 3rd cycle there were not a single side effect.

I had more side effects with trigger. Progrestone persarries had side effect in 2 cycles this one i have none.

Anyways still 4 days to go

Good luck
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Hopeful0613 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:22 pm

Pitalove wrote:Hi All,
I'd love to jump in. April IUI was a negative and just found out this morning May IUI was also negative. Ugh, I'm so frustrated and emotional. Both cycles I did Clomid + Ovidrel and they are switching me to Femera+ Ovidrel for next cycle but I'm still waiting for AF to show.

Anyone switching meds or have experience with Femera? Feeling really really negative at the moment and I give many props to all those women that do this month after month. I don't know if I have that strength!!! :doh:

xoxo

Hi there everyone! I know I'm very late to this board, but I just joined and wanted to jump in.

I am currently 14dp IUI with Femara 5mg CD 3-7, Ovidrel trigger CD 13. Had two follies 18mm & 22mm (as of CD 12) on left side and one 15mm on the right. Started testing everyday since 10DPIUI and all have been BFN :(, I'm assuming I'm also out this month and not sure if I'm going to do June or take a month off.

I've been on Femara 5mg CD 3-7 for three months, 2 TI, 1 IUI. I don't get many side effects while taking Femara, but about a week later I get extreme emotional highs/lows, sometimes I would even say I feel some rage. I didn't realize it until the second month because it happened a week or so after the meds, but it can sneak up on you. I have had multiple follicles each month and no success thus far so I know that isn't helpful, but all-in-all if you know what to loo out for, SE aren't too bad. I've never taken Clomid.
Me: 29, lean PCOS, annovulation, thyroid issues
DH: 32, normal sperm count, no male issues
TTC: 19 months
HSG Jan 2017: Both tubes open, slightly dilated end of left tube
Saline US Jan 2017: Normal uterus, no issues
Medicated TI Cycle 1: 5mg Femara CD 3-7, 2 follies on left, Ovidrel Trigger CD12, BFN
Medicated TI Cycle 2: 5mg Femara CD 4-8, 2 follies on right, Ovidrel Trigger CD13, BFN
Medicated IUI Cycle 1: 5mg Femara CD 3-7, 2 folles R, 1 L, Ovidrel Trigger CD 13, IUI CD15 w 20MIL TMS, BFN as of 14DPIUI
Hopeful0613

Postby KFinNY » Tue May 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Well today I got my negative beta as expected. On to IUI #3! After speaking with the doctor it looks like I'm going to add injectibles next month. Fingers crossed that third time's a charm!
KFinNY

Postby nehakanak » Tue May 16, 2017 4:40 pm

Tested on 11dpiui got negative...seems like i am also out ...:((
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pitalove » Wed May 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Ugh, so sorry to all those that got negatives this past week! IT just plain sucks. AF finally arrived so I'm going in for ultrasound/blood work tomorrow and hopefully start femara. Doctor says if this third IUI fails, we will go in and talk and re-evaluate. DH sperm is fantastic, i have follicles, so what is the problem, grrrrr. :doh: My insurance covers 6 IUI cycles so I have 4 more tries- fingers crossed!
Pitalove
Friend

Postby Cann8 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Hey Ladies! Currently 2dpiui (sat) w/ hcg trigger injection last Thursday night. This was our 3rd IUI, but first with trigger injection. I had 28 follicles total, and one measured 20 day of IUI. 50 million active inseminated. Praying!!! These two weeks are always brutal!
Cann8
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI