Please help- Was the IUI trigger done at the wrong time?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Please help- Was the IUI trigger done at the wrong time?

Postby weeping angel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:10 pm

I am having a hard time phrasing this question. Im at 14 dpiui today 16 days post trigger. most of me has let this cycle go but stupidly I'm still clinging on to hope. BFN's up until yesterday afternoon on a FRED (hcg levels as low as 6.25 they say).

trigger 05/16
IUI 05/18

so I should definitely get my period today. correct??!! all I've ever read is that it is exactly 14 days after ovulation that you start your next cycle and it is only the luteal phase that is affected by stress, diet what-have-you.

this is my 5th round of clomid and it makes my 28 day cycles 31 days.

please share any wisdom you may have on this.
Last edited by weeping angel on Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weeping angel

Re: Please help- Was the IUI trigger done at the wrong time?

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:24 pm

How long is ur lp usually?
Have you had any progesterone during your tww?!
Our body is affected by stress more than we know/feel .
Not everyone has an lp of 14days,some have it longer and some shorter.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby weeping angel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:45 pm

Danaa wrote:How long is ur lp usually?
Have you had any progesterone during your tww?!
Our body is affected by stress more than we know/feel .
Not everyone has an lp of 14days,some have it longer and some shorter.

I'm sorry- i did not mean to say lp above.

My lp is 14 days long.
No progesterone on my tww.
I just need to let this month go. Just did another FRED and not even a faint line.

I read somewhere that if i implanted on day 10 my hcg levels would only be a 4 on 14 dpiui. My hcg is at below 1 like most women. I don't know how true this is. Either AF or this beta test will give me some closure tomorrow. Then i can drink my sorrows away this wknd. And start over... once again.
weeping angel

Postby Danaa » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:53 pm

Im really sorry I don't know what to say honestly.
If you implanted on 10dpo I think you would have had a faint positive hpt on 14dpo assuming you ovulated the day of your iui.
I hope you get your answer soon.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby weeping angel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:07 pm

thanks for your reply.

i'll confirm my negative tomorrow :(
weeping angel

Postby Twacky » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:15 am

i'm afraid i'm also no help just wanted to send a hug.... *hugs!*
hope u have answers and feel better soon.
Twacky
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby weeping angel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:15 am

Beta was negative last Friday at 15 dpiui. my cycle was weird this time around . a lot of brown and not as heavy of a cycle. going in for baseline today to kick start iui number three.
weeping angel

Postby 2mamasttc » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:25 am

Also sending (((hugs))) and baby ***dust*** for this cycle. My dr. Is telling me to trigger tonight Wednesday between 6-8 and the I go in on Friday at 11 for iui. I feel like the trigger shot is way off 39 hour before IUI I'm very tempted to do the trigger at 11 pm. That way it's 36 hours before IUI.
2mamasttc

Postby weeping angel » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:28 pm

2mamasttc wrote:Also sending (((hugs))) and baby ***dust*** for this cycle. My dr. Is telling me to trigger tonight Wednesday between 6-8 and the I go in on Friday at 11 for iui. I feel like the trigger shot is way off 39 hour before IUI I'm very tempted to do the trigger at 11 pm. That way it's 36 hours before IUI.

Hi there!
I will have a similar lay out next week. I was actually thinking that your arrangement might be better. I read somewhere that it may be more effective if you have the sperm there waiting for the egg...of course it's all speculation.

I just started my clomid last night 2 tabs 50 mg. blahhhh! here we go again. not happy that the clomid is thinning my lining (allegedly)!!

Is it male or female infertility? or unexplained? is your husband on anything?
weeping angel

Postby 2mamasttc » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:33 am

Nope, no sperm is the culprit. Unfortunately my wife can't produce it ;( wink wink ); we use a sperm donor last time and are doing so again. I didn't take my shot last night at 6 pm like the told me, instead I took it at 10 pm which will put me at 37 hours when I do my IUI. Fingers crossed for Friday.

Keep your head in the right place and stay positive. It's amazing what stress can do to your system. I planned appointments and picked up extra shifts at work for the tww so that I'm not going crazy!! Best of luck and keep me posted. Are you taking a daily fish oil? My re said that's great for the lineing.
2mamasttc

Postby weeping angel » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:13 pm

2mamasttc wrote:Nope, no sperm is the culprit. Unfortunately my wife can't produce it ;( wink wink ); we use a sperm donor last time and are doing so again. I didn't take my shot last night at 6 pm like the told me, instead I took it at 10 pm which will put me at 37 hours when I do my IUI. Fingers crossed for Friday.

Keep your head in the right place and stay positive. It's amazing what stress can do to your system. I planned appointments and picked up extra shifts at work for the tww so that I'm not going crazy!! Best of luck and keep me posted. Are you taking a daily fish oil? My re said that's great for the lineing.

First- I am SO SO sorry!
I hope this time it's a hit for you guys. I have not done fish oil. I have honestly only seen my RE once, at the consult and every other correspondence has been with the RN. They are a busy clinic so I really feel rushed when I go in there, if I have questions. I have not heard of fish oil- but I will start tonight. Thank you for that-
I have been doing my regular pre-natals and vitamin C so far. Im in CD 7 and I have had some weird cramping, one sided usually. I don't think my body knows what to do with itself.
weeping angel

Return to IUI