Going into 3rd IUI- what should I ask RE for?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Going into 3rd IUI- what should I ask RE for?

Postby weeping angel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:16 pm

For the past two cycles they have given me clomid and a trigger shot.

I keep reading on these sites about people with injections and femara and follistim.

Should I ask for any of these? Would they do me any good?

thanks in advance
weeping angel

Re: Going into 3rd IUI- what should I ask RE for?

Postby nehakanak » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:52 am

How many follicles u have after clomid?

If u r okay with multiple pregancy then ask for clomid plus injectibles....
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby weeping angel » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:27 pm

nehakanak wrote:How many follicles u have after clomid?

If u r okay with multiple pregancy then ask for clomid plus injectibles....

I have always responded with three follies to clomid. My husband and I don't care if it's a mult. pregnancy- we'd both prefer it actually.

I keep reading about women responding to such drugs with cysts and I hope that's not what I'd be doing to myself with increasing hormone intake.
weeping angel

Postby SJFL412 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:23 am

So I was put on Femara because they were really concerned about overstimulating my ovaries on Clomid. They said Femara tends to target and grow specific follicles. I had something like 42 potentials when I was first tested and my numbers have hung around that for this cycles day three testing. Come the time that I trigger I was a little disappointed because I had only one follicle and not two. I'm not particularly interested in twins but thought it would up my chances. In the two week wait from my IUI on Saturday.

You should join the June IUI group if you haven't already!
SJFL412
Friend

Postby weeping angel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:13 am

SJFL412 wrote:So I was put on Femara because they were really concerned about overstimulating my ovaries on Clomid. They said Femara tends to target and grow specific follicles. I had something like 42 potentials when I was first tested and my numbers have hung around that for this cycles day three testing. Come the time that I trigger I was a little disappointed because I had only one follicle and not two. I'm not particularly interested in twins but thought it would up my chances. In the two week wait from my IUI on Saturday.

You should join the June IUI group if you haven't already!

Thanks for your reply SJFL412-

I am going in today for my CD4 (baseline) ultrasound and will discuss this next cycle. I didn't know that tid bit about Femara. I honestly want to do all that I can to up my chances. I'd be disappointed too with only one follicle post medications :(. I wish you the best of luck this month. This will be my third IUI and I am trying to be as detached as possible- something I couldn't accomplish with the first two cycles. Maybe it will help.
weeping angel

Re: Update-Going into 3rd IUI- what should I ask RE for?

Postby weeping angel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:56 pm

So a quick update- I went in for my baseline today and was told that I'd be on the same meds: clomid with trigger for the upcoing IUI , since i responded so well last time. I asked about my lining and she told me that at the last IUI I was at borderline thickness and that thinning of the lininig is sometimes a side effect of clomid. However, should she put me on estrogen for this cycle, that will slow down my follicle response to the clomid and since we are trying to do this before my husband goes out of town for a month, she didn't want to put me on estrogen....*sigh*.
weeping angel

Return to IUI