12DPIUI and SO CONFUSED! BFP or not? Help please!

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

12DPIUI and SO CONFUSED! BFP or not? Help please!

Postby sjb44 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:31 am

I have been TTC for almost a year, but I had my first IUI on May 25, 2017. I took the Ovidrel 250 as my trigger shot on the evening of May 23, 2017. We BD'd after the trigger on May 23rd and again on the evening of May 25th after the IUI. I love to drive myself crazy so of course I started testing way too early.

9 Days Past IUI (11 days past trigger shot): I got a very faint positive using first morning urine with a First Response Early Result test.
10 Days Past IUI (12 days past trigger shot): I got a negative result with first morning urine with a First Response Early Result test. I tested again that evening after holding my urine for about 3 hours and got a very faint positive on First Response Early Result test.
11 Days Past IUI (13 days past trigger shot): I got a very faint positive with First Response Early Result test and first morning urine. I held my urine for a little less than 4 hours and took another First Response Early Result test and got another very very faint positive.
12 Days Past IUI (14 days past trigger shot): I got a BFN on FRER using FMU, but a very very squinter-type faint line on a CVS brand early result test. Who knows; its possible I was just seeing things.

Can anyone help me figure this out? BFP or was all that just the trigger shot? I have my beta on June 9th, but I don't know if I can wait that long. Thanks!!
sjb44

Re: 12DPIUI and SO CONFUSED! BFP or not? Help please!

Postby bella89 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi there, maybe you could take another test tomorrow morning and upload the photo? I could then see it as well.
Well, if it is not too expensive you can test HCG right now if you want to, than if you test 14 DPIUI and the number is greater it means baby:)
If the number is lower it's trigger washing off:/
My doctor says with trigger, you always have to test beta twice to be sure.
bella89
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby weeping angel » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Oh boy- your tests are all over. When I was going through my second IUI I purchased the FRER to ease myself of angst. I read that they are the most accurate since they detect hcg levels of as low as 6.25 (roughly). I'd keep up with the FRER- I hope your line gets darker and darker. Sending you happy thoughts.
weeping angel

Postby 2mamasttc » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:19 am

The first positive could have been the trigger shot I know it takes 9-10 to get out of you system. It all depends on your metabolism. But don't fret your beta us around the corner, almost there! sending you a ton of baby dust!!!
2mamasttc

Return to IUI