2 follicles at 22 yet iui is two days later....thoughts?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2 follicles at 22 yet iui is two days later....thoughts?

Postby weeping angel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:08 pm

i had a response of two follicles on my right side, on clomid this cycle and they both measured at 22 today. i'm scheduled for the iui on thursday. they were afraid i was getting ready to ovulate on my own since there was fluid in my cervix ( apparently a sign that you're about to O), so i paid 150$ for blood work to get a better idea of my impending ovulation on top of the 175$ for the ultrasound, but i digress.

i get a call three hours later and was told my numbers were nice and low and we should not be fearful of me ovulating prematurely.

but wait....there's more

another two hours later, i get another call from my rn and she says the er recommends that we have intercourse tonight....to heighten our chances. if we haven't had any luck for 3 years, i don't know how this any different. i trigger tonight at 1 am.

i don't know how to express my concerns without sounding like i'm telling them how to do their job.

i feel defeated, without even starting.
weeping angel

Re: 2 follicles at 22 yet iui is two days later....thoughts?

Postby weeping angel » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:16 pm

i'm thinking of getting an opk and calling first thing in the morning.

....and they say don't stress! :|
weeping angel

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:05 am

That is tough situation to be in...i would start doing opk for sure.
I think a follie of 22 is about to break for sure but if ur blood work showed no lh spike I don't know....but definitely start doing opks.
Good luck!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby weeping angel » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:19 am

Danaa wrote:That is tough situation to be in...i would start doing opk for sure.
I think a follie of 22 is about to break for sure but if ur blood work showed no lh spike I don't know....but definitely start doing opks.
Good luck!!

that's what I thought. I just called and sent an email. I don't understand their logic. I was told there was no spike in lh yesterday but what's to say I'm not spiking today, and tomorrow we are too late. so much money wasted, not to mention how this is so irritating. especially considering we could have set up the iui for today.
weeping angel

Postby Danaa » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:01 am

I know how hard this is....especially when you are having doubts about the whole process.
All i can say is to try and trust ur doctor and next time get a trigger shot to have a bit more control over everything.
If ur lh spikes today I don't think the iui is done too late tomorrow but then again having sperimies up there waiting for the egg is better.
Start doing opks and pray for the best.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby weeping angel » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:25 pm

Danaa wrote:I know how hard this is....especially when you are having doubts about the whole process.
All i can say is to try and trust ur doctor and next time get a trigger shot to have a bit more control over everything.
If ur lh spikes today I don't think the iui is done too late tomorrow but then again having sperimies up there waiting for the egg is better.
Start doing opks and pray for the best.

thank you, I'm trying to stay positive.
You are still good for the 1pm IUI time tomorrow. Certainly your levels did not show any signs of impending ovulation, but because your follicles were on the larger size - Dr. ------ was recommending intercourse just to be extra cautious.

See you tomorrow!

this is what she responded with today.

we shall see!
weeping angel

Postby 2mamasttc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:18 am

Good luck today!! Fresh spermies live up to 5 days so baby dancing wouldn't be the worst idea even if you didn't o yesterday. Lots of baby dust honey!! Keep your head up!!
2mamasttc

Postby weeping angel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:54 am

2mamasttc wrote:Good luck today!! Fresh spermies live up to 5 days so baby dancing wouldn't be the worst idea even if you didn't o yesterday. Lots of baby dust honey!! Keep your head up!!

you're awesome. thanks for the well wishes. baby dance we shall tonight, if he comes home on time lol

keep me posted on your status!!
weeping angel

Postby SEL » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:57 am

I can see your confusion but go with what the Doc says! Good luck catching the eggie :D

Simone
TTC #4
2 DD and 1 DS

On a TTC weight loss fitness break until my IVF in late fall.
SEL
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby weeping angel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:00 am

thank you SEL! took the rest of the day off too, which I didn't last time. planning on being nice and lazy.
weeping angel

Return to IUI