Who did your IUI?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Who did your IUI?

Postby weeping angel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Was it your doctor or nurse? Nurse for me both times. Had trouble getting the speculum in twice. I live in colorado. Maybe its a state thing.
weeping angel

Re: Who did your IUI?

Postby nehakanak » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Doctor herself....but my first n second iui doctor didnt made me feel like goìng up the cervix ...n easy no pain n no gain situation...3rd iui with medicines done by an old doctor n bery pain ful. Fourth done by a professor turned doctor but she used ultrasound to direct her...she is really experienced i felt....
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby bella89 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:38 am

Doctor both times. The nurse hold the usg to my belly at the same time but the doctor was doing the iui.
Both times the doctor asked me to look at the monitor for proof that the catheter is in my uterus and showed me the "flash" of sperm injected.
bella89
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nehakanak » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 am

Bella...

I never had this kind of clear iui...u r so lucky...now i feel they clearly cheated me for 3 procedures...:(
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby weeping angel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Hey guys!
That's wonderful that the doctor did yours. I dont know what to think about mine. Like i said, both times she hd so much trouble with the speculum. Had to get a small one then i was tilted.... i have to have faith that it went ok.
weeping angel

Postby weeping angel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:49 pm

bella89 wrote:Doctor both times. The nurse hold the usg to my belly at the same time but the doctor was doing the iui.
Both times the doctor asked me to look at the monitor for proof that the catheter is in my uterus and showed me the "flash" of sperm injected.

Wow- what state do you live in? Was it a bfp. I had no idea some places did that. That's wonderful!
weeping angel

Postby 2mamasttc » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Mine was a doctor but not my own. I was a bit disappointed, but at my first fertility center it was nurses each time. So I was just thankful it was a doctor. I was just uncomfortable because it was a guy. (Stupid I know.) I've never had an ultra sound at the same time but that sounds amazing! I check my cervical position each month and my cervix is usually open after I ovulate so my IUI has never been painful at all, a little pressure but no pain.
2mamasttc

Postby weeping angel » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:28 am

2mamasttc wrote:Mine was a doctor but not my own. I was a bit disappointed, but at my first fertility center it was nurses each time. So I was just thankful it was a doctor. I was just uncomfortable because it was a guy. (Stupid I know.) I've never had an ultra sound at the same time but that sounds amazing! I check my cervical position each month and my cervix is usually open after I ovulate so my IUI has never been painful at all, a little pressure but no pain.

you're lucky- my cervix tilts to the back and she dug deep the two times that I went. it was painful and made me wonder if she got in there. i felt the catheter and cramped while she was depositing, so that's what put me at ease, that she actually got in there. wish i could add the u/s to the formula.
weeping angel

Postby 2mamasttc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Wow angel that sucks. I'm sorry to hear it was painful. I did cramp when they deposited as well. I wish more clinics did the ultrasound.
2mamasttc

Postby weeping angel » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:51 pm

2mamasttc wrote:Wow angel that sucks. I'm sorry to hear it was painful. I did cramp when they deposited as well. I wish more clinics did the ultrasound.

was just reading through your other thread- Congrats on the pregnancy! I wish you a healthy one!
I just did my beta this morning to confirm my negative. I'm all over the place. starting to think it will never happen.
weeping angel

Return to IUI