New here! First IUI this week

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New here! First IUI this week

Postby Chrisnik » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:32 am

Hello,

My name is Christine, I am 39 hoping to get pregnant with my first child. My boyfriend and I have been together for 9 years (he doesn't want to be married) we have b een trying for two years. I am also type 1 diabetic. This is our second cycle. The first cycle, my right fallopian tube had a little blockage. No big deal I guess because my RE managed to unblock it. All blood work cam back good on my part. A little low in Estrogen, and very low in progesterone. But nothing that RE said couldn't be fixed. We did two rounds of post coital. The first one was low sperm, and no movement. The second one, more sperm and little movement. But everything on my ends was fine. I am ovulating normally and have healthy eggs. Re made sure to point out to me that I am not too old.
My boyfriend needed to go and give a sample. But his job is not one that he can just go into late. He works for the railroad, and it is very very demanding. He works on call. If he gets called and doesn't go in, or calls off, he could lose his job. In that case we wouldn't be able to afford a baby. So he was unable to give the sample. My Re and I decided to go ahead with the next step of IUI. My cycle had just started, so it only made sense to me to move forward instead of waiting for his testing.
I took clomid for days 5-9. I am not sure why, but I listen to the re. I go in on Wednesday for the ultra sound to see how my follicle are doing. And then either Thursday or Friday do the IUI.

I am nervous and excited. I have been crying for two straight days about NOTHING> even as I type this I am crying. Not sure why. I feel like I am losing my mind. Did anyone else have these kind of feelings on Clomid? Ot am I crazy.

I came on this board hoping to connect with women going through, or have been through this. I feel like my boyfriend doesn't understand and that the friends I have told about this don't understand. Or I could be crazy.
Chrisnik
Friend

Re: New here! First IUI this week

Postby SaraElise » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:40 pm

I hope everything works out!! I've taken Clomid in the past but don't really remember my symptoms too much. I'm currently taking Letrozole (basically like Clomid) and I feel like I'm going insane. I asked my OB if "crazy" was a side effect and he laughed and said yes. It's just because it messes with your hormones.
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby Chrisnik » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:30 am

I went in this morning to check my follicle size and she said they are good sized and some on both side. So the Clomid helped. I told her about my crying fits and she said that is totally normal and it is worth it.
I take my trigger shot tonight and then IUI tomorrow morning. I am hoping with a lot of "targets" We will have some luck.

We are very excited! I can barley sit still.
Chrisnik
Friend

Postby goatpuppy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 am

Chrisnik wrote:I went in this morning to check my follicle size and she said they are good sized and some on both side. So the Clomid helped. I told her about my crying fits and she said that is totally normal and it is worth it.
I take my trigger shot tonight and then IUI tomorrow morning. I am hoping with a lot of "targets" We will have some luck.

We are very excited! I can barley sit still.

Hi! I'm 39 and my husband and I just had our first donor IUI (unmedicated) on 7/8. How did yours go? Mine went fine, felt nothing during the procedure, but lots of bloating and discomfort about 4 hours later. It lasted for the next few days. I'm now 4 dpiui and I'm DYING. I just want to know so bad!
goatpuppy
Friend

Postby Chrisnik » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:21 pm

HI! I had my IUI on 7/6. It was easy and fast. I didn't feel anything the first day, just very little spotting. But the next day I was cramping a little, no big deal. I guess I only have one good follicle, I was told different the day before. But the sample was great. After washing he had 17 million, they wanted 5. He had 90% mobility, they wanted 50% and 92% forward movement, they wanted 50%.
I am a little discouraged with only one follicle, but it only takes one. I go to have blood taken tomorrow morning so I will ask why the change. I feel normal. I was dizzy yesterday and tired, but I am on Progestin and those are side effects. I am trying to be calm but I want to know. When are going to start testing?
Chrisnik
Friend

Postby goatpuppy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:55 am

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply, I have had the hardest time logging back into this site. I think it's worked out now. I've already started testing, lol. All BFN but I'm only 8dpiui. How are you? I'm unbelievably exhausted, hoping it's a symptom.
goatpuppy
Friend

Postby mimimama » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:11 am

I just wanted to wish you good luck
Me 31, DH 40. TTC 5 years. Unexplained infertility.
December 2015- IVF #1 BFN
May/June 2016- new doctor, IVF consultation in Gdansk Poland
October 2016- IVF #2 Invicta BFP!!!
mimimama
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goatpuppy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:51 pm

mimimama wrote:I just wanted to wish you good luck

Thank you!
goatpuppy
Friend

Postby Chrisnik » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:30 pm

Thank you! I did test yesterday which was 12dpiui and BFN! Heartbreaking. But I will test again on Thursday like the dr told me. But I already have a feeling I know what it is. I don't feel different.
But we will try again.

How are you feeling?
Chrisnik
Friend

Return to IUI