IUI after laparoscopy, outcomes?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IUI after laparoscopy, outcomes?

Postby geeky_gab » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Good afternoon ladies,

I've been active in this forum mostly last fall, when I was trying for IUI. We have done 4 unsuccessful rounds so far.

Last February, my doctor recommended that I undergo laparoscopy to remove a 7 cm (2.7 inches) pedunculated fibroid. The fibroid was completly outside my uterus, therefore easy to remove. I had quite a few symptoms from it since it was pressing on my bladder. The operation on May 29th was a success beyond expectations since they also removed a pedunculated cyst on my right tube as well (and most importantly) as stage 1 endo that had not yet been found/diagnosed.

Follow-up doctor's appointment was today. We're up and ready, back on Femara for IUI #5. I expect CD1 to be on August 1st.

Has anyone gone through similar situations? How did you manage? How did the following IUI(s) go?

Glad to be back ladies, looking forward to spending the TWW with you all :)
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: IUI after laparoscopy, outcomes?

Postby S3r1ca » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:29 am

Geeky gab I too have fibroids. I have had 2 hysteroscopes and one laparoscopy. They removed 7 growths from my uterus 3 years ago and I have been told if I ever get pregnant a vaginal birth is not possible. I have PCOS too but still trying iui and staying positive. I'm on cycle 3 as you know from our other group chat but have decided this will be my last go. I may consider one try at ICSI or IVF.
S3r1ca
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to IUI