Lesbian on 1st IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Lesbian on 1st IUI

Postby itsallieee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi there. I was reading some of the boards last night and found some encouraging women so I figured I'd join. I'm 24 (25 in a few weeks) and my wife and I are starting our first IUI process. We chose to jump in right away with medicated IUI since donor sperm is pretty expensive. I've been taking clomid since CD3. I was given 10 pills of it and told to take it until CD12 when I go back for my ultrasound. The plan to do our first IUI on Thursday. I'm hoping for good news on the first try but I know I shouldn't be disappointed if it doesn't work right off the bat. We've had all the tests done and everything looks good for me, my tubes are open and there are no issues.
I'm hoping to connect with some other women going through an IUI cycle right now for some encouragement and people to talk to!
itsallieee
Friend

Re: Lesbian on 1st IUI

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:57 am

Hi Allieee,
Seems you're ready to go!

Good luck for your IUI on Thursday, the first cycles are (statistically) the most successful so you have reasons to be hopeful.

AFM, my next cycle will only start next month (CD1 expected on August 1st) but I still wanted to send good vibes your way! Keep us posted :)
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby itsallieee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks! I'm so nervous but really trying to stay relaxed so my body doesn't stress.
I've also been a little confused about the clomid since the instructions on the bottle (take CD3-7) are different from a)the amount of pills the doctor gave me (10) and b)the instructions the doctor gave me (take them until their finished). So I've been a bit unsure but I've taken them every day since CD3 so hopefully that isn't a bad thing. I probably doubt things too much so I really need to learn to relax!
I'll definitely let you know how it all goes. Dreading the TWW already but hoping for some good news!
Let me know how things go for you as well!
itsallieee
Friend

Postby geeky_gab » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:00 am

Hi again Alliee,

As for the Clomid, how many pills were you to take per day? From my experience, I had to take two at a time, and I had enough with 10, from CD3 to CD7. Did you recieve instructions otherwise?
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby itsallieee » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:22 pm

We went back today and it looks like we have 2 ready on the right and one ready on the left. I'll trigger at 2am Wednesday morning for a 2pm Thursday IUI!
So I was only on 50mg clomid which is one pill a day and when I asked the doctor today she told me I definitely was only supposed to take it for days 3-7. But everything looks good so I guess it wasn't bad to take too much. I'm fortunate right now that I'm military so these meds don't cost us. Once we are ready for another baby though I'll probably be out and we will be paying for all of this, that's a scary thought. Next time we hope to do reciprocal IVF where I will carry my wifes baby, but that's down the road. I just have to be patient until Thursday and then start what I feel could be the hardest part, the TWW!
itsallieee
Friend

Postby geeky_gab » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:30 am

Good morning Alliee,

Three follies are great odds! So, should we be praying for you to have twins then? ;) I'm just joking ;) Reciprocal IVF sounds awesome (and complicated), I did hear of it since my sister and her partner are also looking into their options. Do you know of anyone who has done it before and what the procedure requires?
Fx for Thrusday, keep us posted :) good luck on the TWW!
I'm waiting out mine (CD21) so we can go back on the IUI train in August, I have the feeling the next week is going to go by rather slowly and I am trying to keep busy as much as possible...
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby itsallieee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi again!
I wouldn't hate to have twins but my wife definitely just wants one. I'm just hoping for a healthy baby, however that happens.
I don't personally know anyone that has done it but I've seen on some threads of couples doing it. Our military clinic doesn't do it because they said there is a liability or something but they would take my wife's eggs then we would have to go to the clinic in town to get them transferred to me. That's still way cheaper than we would pay without the military. I know she'd have to go through the egg retrieval process (which I did when I donated eggs to a bank, I didn't find it to be very pleasant) then I would be put on the meds to get my uterus ready. I think they'd freeze our embryos but I'm not entirely sure. That was our initial plan because my wife is almost 30 but IUI turned out to be free with the military clinic so we figured we'd keep saving for IVF.
I found waiting to get AF before my initial ultrasound took forever, I even started late I think with the stress of work (military) and the stress of waiting. I would swear every day she was about to show up then nope. Hopefully you can stay busy! Do you have your meds and everything already?
itsallieee
Friend

Postby geeky_gab » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:33 am

Good morning Alliee,

I hope your IUI went well yesterday! :)

We're all set with our meds and waiting for day 1. To change our minds, we're off to the woods, where we don't have internet ;)
A few days hiking, swimming and kayaking with the dog should do the trick.
Hope to hear from you again! Baby dust!
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby itsallieee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:07 pm

That sounds like a great way to get your mind off things! Hopefully some time away and some disconnection from the world is exactly what you guys need to relax and get through the next few days!
IUI went well, it was quite uncomfortable and I've bled a little since but all in all I'm hoping they made it to 1 of the 3 good follies I had! I'm trying so hard not to think about it but I'm hoping some positive visualization will help! My ship is gone this weekend so I feel that I'm in for a long weekend wait especially since I can't see wifey. But I'm sure the TWW will fly by and I'm hoping for some good news at the end of it!
I hope you guys have an awesome weekend and enjoy time away from everything! Talk to you soon!
itsallieee
Friend

Return to IUI