First IUI Today

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First IUI Today

Postby jbv1502 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi ladies,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I had my first IUI this morning! I've dealt with endo and PCOS since I was a teenager (31 now). My husband (31 also) I tried to get pregnant about six years ago for a year, tried 3 rounds of clomid, no go. Shortly after I was diagnosed with a tennis ball sized endometrioma in my left ovary and went on continuous birth control for five years. Two and a half years ago, we adopted a baby girl and this year decided we wanted to try for a brother or sister for her. I came off BC in Januart and ovulated about 3 weeks later. That was my last spontaneous ovulation since. I tried letrozole in May and June with no ovulation, so my OB referred us to an RE in July, based on my previous history. IUI is as far as we're willing to go and RE is optimistic IUI will be successful.

CD1 was 8/21. Started 150 of letrozole cd3-7, again, no ovulation. 75IU of gonal-f cd8-12. SIS this past Tuesday, 8/29. Left Fallopian tube was a little blocked, but was able to be flushed out. On Tuesday's u/s, no follicles seen and lining thin, so that plus and low estradiol on Tuesday, RE advised to continue gonal-f for five more days past originally planned three and return Saturday for u/s and estradiol.

Went in Saturday to be greeted by a 20mm follicle and a nice thick lining, along with a normal estradiol, so ovidrel trigger Saturday night and IUI this morning. DH went above and beyond, 69% normal motility, 19% slow swimmers, 104 million count. Now we wait. I go in for a progesterone next Saturday. I've been crampy all day, but it's localized to the left side, so I'm hoping it's ovulation pain.

Trying desperately to keep my hopes down.

Any other IUIs recently?
jbv1502

Re: First IUI Today

Postby faithrock » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi I haven't had one in years. But I'm sending prayers your way that yours was a success!!

BTW how are you feeling?
DH:31
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven

My Ovulation Chart
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IUI