September IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

September IUI

Postby geeky_gab » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:46 am

Good day ladies!

Lets TWW here! I'm still waiting for AF but I have my protocol ready for September.

Anyone else planning an IUI in September?
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
On to IVF! Hoping to start stims in December.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: September IUI

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:57 pm

August IUI didn't work. :(

So here I am on day 1 of Clomid for a September IUI.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November - December: IVF - 10 eggs / 6 fertilized (no ICSI)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Mywishes85 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi ladies. I just had my 2nd IUI yesterday. I'm feeling really bloated & crampy today. The dr had me on 150mg Clomid & Menopur. HCG trigger shot on Monday. My last iUI didn't have any bloating or cramping but my clomid dose was lower.
Mywishes85
Friend

Postby Mywishes85 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi ladies. I just had my 2nd IUI yesterday. I'm feeling really bloated & crampy today. The dr had me on 150mg Clomid & Menopur. HCG trigger shot on Monday. My last iUI didn't have any bloating or cramping but my clomid dose was lower.
Mywishes85
Friend

Postby geeky_gab » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi sunshine, sorry to hear that :( we have similar cycles, I'm on day one Femara and will be taking menopur too for the first time.
My wishes, fx for you! Did your RE have you take progesterone after your IUI? How was taking the menopur? I just got my kit with the syringes and all, it's a bit intimidating!
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby nehakanak » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:25 am

Hi...

I was suppose to 6th iui in sept after my AF ....i took a month rest. But something weired happened....due to exercise n diet change my AF came in 15 days itself ...is it oks to start femara counting this AF ....i m really tensed?

Best of luck everyone
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mybaby88 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:24 am

Dear ladies,

Sorry I couldn't post anything from my side for weeks. Last few weeks was hard. Yet, I have been reading all your posts everyday and was eagerly waiting to see a BFP story. :)

Nehakanak,
Just to clarify, is it 15 days after your last IUI you got your AF?
I think my story is opposite of yours.
I was suppose to get my AF in Aug 17th. But it got delayed in two weeks! I think its because the mc I had in May. :(
I'm on my CD-8.
Follicle scan is on CD-12.
I too am tensed!

Geekygab,
Im sorry that your August iui didnt work. But there is always hope as long as we keep trying! :)
I read your ttc history and its amazing to see your courage!

Thank you for starting the September thread!

Mywishes85,
Keep us posted with your symptoms.
I hope second time brings you the charm!
:)

Sunshine84,
I too am sorry for your August IUI that didnt work.
Lets hope September is the ONE!
:)

:babydustb:
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby nehakanak » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:39 am

No mybaby...after my iui i got my AF on time 25 aug and then i was on a month break so after 28 days when i get my af in sept 25 then i would be on 6th iui...but i got my AF today itself its just 13days
nehakanak
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby sunshinepgh84 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:26 pm

geeky_gab wrote:Hi sunshine, sorry to hear that :( we have similar cycles, I'm on day one Femara and will be taking menopur too for the first time.
My wishes, fx for you! Did your RE have you take progesterone after your IUI? How was taking the menopur? I just got my kit with the syringes and all, it's a bit intimidating!

She didn't! But I may ask about it next time. I am only take Clomid + the IUI because I do ovulate on my own. IUI is not the ideal thing for my situation, but we are giving it a try before moving to IVF.
TTC #1 since December 2015
Me (33) DH (34)
Normal HSG for me, normal SA for him
March/April/May 2017: Clomid BFN
June 2017: IUI Testing Cycle
July 2017: Testing complete. Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained
August/September/October 2017: Clomid + IUI - BFN
November - December: IVF - 10 eggs / 6 fertilized (no ICSI)

sunshinepgh84
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:00 am

Good morning ladies!
Sunshine, my post was confusing, I was referring to being on the Menopur for the first time. Sorry, english isn't my first language :) You are now trying for your 3rd IUI? Good luck and fx for you! I'm on CD4 today, CD5 tomorrow and my first Menopur shot, I'm a bit anxious!
Mybaby, thank you for your kind words, I sincerly hope September is our month!
Nehanak, I am not sure I got this, you had a 13 day cycle? I would be wondering too if I was to start the cycle after such a short one. Did you get the chance to talk to your doctor or a nurse about this, for advice?
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Bren38 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:13 am

Hi ladies

I had my iui 10 days ago. The doctor put me in letrozole for 5 nights then I had 3 shot of folistim 100 each and then an ovidrel shot. She did the IUI my husband had 29 million. Im on progesteron. Like in the 8 day post iui I start to have lower abodminal cramps. They are like Im going to have my period. But I was 9 days away from I was supose to have it. I could not wait and I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I still have to go on wednesday (my 2 week deadline) to my do my blood work. Im a little sad. But my husband said that I should wait.the thing is thay even today I still have the cramps and I thought the implantation cramps was not suposse to last 3 days. Well what you guys think.
Bren38

Postby SaraElise » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi ladies. Had our 3rd iui September 1st. Had 2 good sized follicles and 1 that my doctor said would probably be ready by iui day. DHs count was amazing!! Hoping this is a "3rd times a charm" type of thing!! I had a chemical at the beginning of July and we wound up skipping that next cycle so I'm hoping this is it!!! I'm 7dpo today and haven't really felt too much of anything other than some occasional cramping. Good luck ladies!!!!
My Ovulation Chart

Me (Sara): 28 Normal, Unexplained Infertility, 50mg of Clomid to see if it will help!

DH (Bryan): 31 Diagnosed with varicocele and low testosterone. Normal count with low motility. Using Clomid to try and increase numbers. All tests normal as of Jan 2014!

June 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
July 2014: 50mg Clomid= BFN
August 2014: 100mg Clomid= BFN
September 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN
October 2014: 100mg Clomid=BFN

Acupunture started October 2014

TTC #2 since May 2013

SaraElise
TTC Diva
TTC Diva

Postby hopeful1984 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:33 am

hi guys! I was on the August iui thread but left because my iui was cancelled due to my ovulation date falling on a Sunday. I was hopeful that it would have worked with the clomid but it didn't so here am I. this cycle i did 5mg of letrozole from cd 2 to 7 and did a trigger shot on day 12. this time round, I only had one matured follicle. My husband's counts were good at 70 million with good motility. when we dis the iui, I have just ovulated judging from the ultrasound. the follicle had shrank to 14 mm from 22mm and there was follicular liquid present. I was expecting the iui to be painless but there was a part where I jumped a bit from pain. gulps. today marks my first day post iui. currently in 2ww. will feel more reassured if I had more than one matured follicle. oh well...good to see you guys
hopeful1984
Friend

Postby geeky_gab » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:44 am

Good morning ladies,

I was wondering about less technical stuff... you know how everyone says (at least they do to me) : "when you stop stressing out about it (TTC), it'll happen" as much as I hate hearing this, I am quite convinced that stress and anxiety can take quite a toll on my mind and body. What do you do to get your mind off TTC? To unwind?
Hope you are all well :)
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hopeful1984 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:39 am

hi geekygab,
to be honest I don't really believe in 'relaxing and it will happen naturally'. I believe it's more about luck and probability esp when it comes to pple with unexplained. In May, June and July I found myself obsessed with ttc and it was terrible. I was crying and moping and was not very pleasant to be with. being at work helped a lot because I was so busy. I also started watching a lot of Netflix and YouTube to pass time. and in these two months I found myself less obsessive and hung on the fact that I'm still not pregnant. so much so that I forgot to take the opk for my iui. any thing which really helps is when I look at my friends who jus gave birth of have children and I see how exhausted they always are, lack of sleep and no me time. and I tell myself to enjoy this time with my lovely husband and do all the things which would be impossible should I have a kid. hope this helps.
hopeful1984
Friend

Next

Return to IUI