New to IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

New to IUI

Postby Miapiper6 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:49 am

Hi, my wife and I have just got a letter for our first appointment to start IUI - It is through a NHS womans clinic. Can anyone that's been through the IUI process let us know what to expect. Thanks:)
Miapiper6

Re: New to IUI

Postby geeky_gab » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:31 am

Hi and welcome Miapiper :)
You can join us in the September IUI post if you'd like! If you have any specific questions though, I could answer here since I've done quite a few, in the last two years. When is your first appointment? Have you already discussed different protocols (meds)?
Take care!
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October BFN
On to IVF! Hoping to start stims in December.
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: New to IUI

Postby hopeful1984 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 am

hi Mia, I can imagine it must be exciting for you to embark on this journey. at least that was what I felt. I'm on my first try of iui. last month I took clomid from days 2 to 7 and had 6 follicles, 3 on each side. however iui was cancelled. this cycle i took 5 mg of letrozole instead, with a ultrasound scan on day 12 to check on the growth of the follicles. I had one lead follicle at 20 mm so i triggered on day 12 itself. iui was scheduled two days later.
if this is ur first time, u will most likely be taking oral medication like clomid or letrozole.
but jus curious, have u guys done the check ups and hsg yet?
hopeful1984
Friend

Return to IUI