October IUI 2017

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: October IUI 2017

Postby balsami » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:31 am

Puttam, that sounds promising, fx for you!!

I'm out, AF came yesterday. The IUI process was a good learning experience though, on many levels. The trigger was out of my system by 9dpiui, and the progesterone symptoms were so bad that after getting BFNs on 12 and 13dpiui, I decided to stop taking it.

Good luck to all of you still in the game :)
TTC #1 since 2014
Me: 39 Hubs: 38 Cat: 12
Sept/Oct 2017: Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI: BFN
balsami
Friend

Postby Ladyliz2379 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:58 am

Good luck Ajb38! I wish you, Serica, and everyone else much baby dust!

Today is 8dpiui and I broke down and took a PT. Of course it is a BFN. I actually am not disappointed as I was expecting a BFN (while hoping for a hint of a line) but now I am ready to give up the PT obsession for the next 6 days. I'm actually glad I took the PT so I can stop obsessing over it for a little while. I'm going to enjoy this time without a BFP because I know once I become pregnant my life will change dramatically and I'll probably wish I enjoyed this time more.
Ladyliz2379
Friend

Postby Puttam » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:35 am

Well.... quant was BFN. we've only got one more shot with iui and it will be IVF or simply another chihuahua puppy! Chihuahua Mama For Life.
Baby dust to all still in the game!!
Puttam
Friend

Postby mybaby88 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 am

Dear ladies,

My apologies for not writing here for quite a some time. It was a pretty dissapointing month for me.

I was sheduled for my 4th iui in sep. I was all set. triggered and everything, but i didn't O at 36 hrs. It took another day and a half. My REs office was closed by that time so we cancelled the iui. I was also emotionally drained after going through 4 tvs to check wether i have O'lated.

this time i had ovidac10000 ( double the dose) and yes i ovulated as planned in 36 hours. Had one follicle 19.

I had my october iui but unfortunatly RE had trouble finding the path to uterus. This never happened before.
I'm having a tilted uterus apparently. But its not confirmed yet until i do a lap, according to my RE.

This time iui took a longer time than it usually takes. bit no O pain or cramps.

During my tww i had zero symptoms. no sore bbs, no bloating. No cramps or twinges. no fatigue.

Its 14dpiui. bfn .

That's as for me. :)

So , i have logged in time to time to see how u guys doing.
Nehakanak, are you trying iui this month? I didn't see any updates from u recently. hope things are good at your end.

geekygab, i hope and pray a bfp for u this month.

puttam, my trigger was out on 4 dpiui.

l
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mybaby88 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:16 am

@ Puttam, what's the dose and trigger name if u don't mind me asking?
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mybaby88 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:21 am

Ajb38 wrote:S3r1ca and Ladyliz, I'm so sorry you are both feeling so anxious. I truly believe that the TTW with an IUI is much worse than just a normal month because our expectations are that much higher.
I have my IUI in the morning so I will be in the same boat in about a week.

Hi ajb,
Here we are meeting again.
:)
(Hope u remember me. :) )

I hope your iui went well and now u are officially in tww. May this be your month!

Hugs..
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mybaby88 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:29 am

I wish everyone in tww a beautiful bfp.

Stay strong. have faith and never give up.

heartbreaks may come.
Its a part of this journey.

baby dust!

:)
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geeky_gab » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:29 am

Ladyliz, I feel your pain... leggins and tunics are saving my life right now... bloating sucks!!!
Serica, my thoughts are with you, I hope for your bfp soon
Balsami, sorry about AF showing up
Puttam, how are you feeling? are you still getting bfps? I hope to read good news from you soon :)
mybaby, welcome back! :) Sorry to hear about all the hardships though... 14 dpiui is it, are you waiting for AF or have a beta planned?
AFM : Crazy crazy. I feel fatigue and still quite a bit of nausea. I joked to a friend about having been in the first semester for a full year now. All the sh***y symptoms, without the bundle of joy... 10 dpiui and BFN this morning. It's hard to stay positive sometimes, but I liked ladyliz' idea of thinking of it as time to enjoy silence and calm.. while we still can! Thank you all ladies for sharing your experience and for the space to vent! :mrgreen:
TTC since Dec. 2014 - "unexplained infertility"
Me : 36
DH : 37
IUI #1 (Femara+Ovidrel) : May 23rd 2016 BFN
IUI #2 (Femara+Ovidrel) : September 14th 2016 BFN
IUI #3 (Femara+Ovidrel) : October 11th 2016 BFN
IUI # 4 (Clomid+Ovidrel) : November 8th BFN
Laparoscopy May 29th, fibroid removed, cyst on fallopian tube removed, stage 1 endo removed.
IUI #5 (Femara+Ovidrel) August 20th BFN
IUI #6 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) September 15th BFN
IUI #7 (Femara+Menopur+Ovidrel) October
geeky_gab
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby S3r1ca » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:25 pm

O my I'm so sorry for the bfn balsami. I have been off the site today and keeping myself busy with my niece and nephew today. 12dpiui and another bfn this morning. I was distraught and don't know why when I know it is still potentially too early. Bought enough test for the week but feel like I'm living my life in 24hour stints at the moment till the next test.
I feel pregnant more so than the last time but think my mind is playing some serious tricks on me as I so want to be pregnant.
You girls are the only ones keeping me sane at the moment!!
S3r1ca
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Mybaby88, of course I remember you! Unfortunately we are both still around on the TTC boards.
May I ask how they knew you hadn't ovulated at 36 hrs? My RE doesn't even check before doing the IUI if I have or not. In fact I am having more ovulation pains now this afternoon, so I'm thinking I hadn't actually ovulated either when I had the IUI this morning.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:55 pm

S3r1ca, I'm sorry you are having such a rough day. Do you go to do a blood test soon?
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mybaby88 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Ajb38 wrote:Mybaby88, of course I remember you! Unfortunately we are both still around on the TTC boards.
May I ask how they knew you hadn't ovulated at 36 hrs? My RE doesn't even check before doing the IUI if I have or not. In fact I am having more ovulation pains now this afternoon, so I'm thinking I hadn't actually ovulated either when I had the IUI this morning.

Hi ajb,
My RE does a pre iui scan. Its done in the morning on the iui day. If the follicle is still have the egg inside then another scan in couple of hours. If the follicle is shrinked , it means the egg has been released and the patient is good to go for the iui. that is how my previous iuis went.

My RE won't proceed the iui witout scan confirmation of the released egg. They cannot tell what time the egg got released, only can tell the egg has been released or not.

i hope this infor helps u ajb.

i usually have my trigger on CD12 evening 8.
And pre iui scan on CD 14 morning 8. And iui around 11am.
mybaby88
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ajb38 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:04 am

Mybaby88, Oh ok, that makes sense. I wish my dr would do thay because I always question when I actually ovulate.
Ajb38
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby S3r1ca » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:32 am

I am here in the UK and we don't have an ovulation scan or a blood test until a positive pregnancy test or if there is problems!
S3r1ca
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ladyliz2379 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:35 am

As I read about pre IUI scans, I start to worry I may actually be PG with multiples. I took clomid for the first time ever and got ovulation pains for the first time ever (I'm 37 years old) several hours after getting a positive OPK. I had my IUI the following day, but they didn't even do an US to see how many mature follies I had or if I ovulated more than one on my own. I thought that was a bit reckless, but I figured they were the professionals, not I.

Today is 9dpiui, and day 4 of severe bloat. My face broke out with multiple red painful pimples which is not the norm for me. My period is due in 5 days and I don't feel any typical PMS symptoms which is not normal for me. Last night when I used the restroom, I smelled an overwhelming smell of blood down there, like I was in the middle of my period but I wiped and no blood at all. That smell showed up twice overnight. I have an overwhelming feeling I'm PG, but I have to wait 5 days to take a PT. UGH!
Ladyliz2379
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI