IUI #2 at 26

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IUI #2 at 26

Postby tlsloan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting but I read through SO many posts during my first tww that gave me some encouragement and I thought I would see if anyone is in a similar situation as me. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 13, hypothyroidism in June and I’m 26-DH is 28. We have been actively ttc for a year and a half but not using birth control for just shy of 4 years. After a semen analysis, we were referred to a RE for low motility. After meeting with the RE, he said the numbers weren’t low enough for him to be concerned but he recommended to proceed with IUI due to my PCOS and thyroid issues. I started with 5mg of Letrozole and used ovidrel to trigger, had two beautiful follicles and uterus lining looked good. Unfortunately, AF arrived at 12dpo (Monday). I started 50mg of Clomid today to start round two. How does everyone feel about letrozole vs clomid? Anyone my age have success with IUI?
tlsloan

Return to IUI