First IUI - Not Sure when to take first Test?!? Lesbians

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First IUI - Not Sure when to take first Test?!? Lesbians

Postby GavNel » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:07 am

Hello

My wife and I have just had our first IUI on the 25th after an ovitrelle injection on the 23rd (day 10 scan showed 1 follicle with 22mm dia).

After the procedure we were asked when my wife's period was due, which would be on the 14th Nov. From this we were told to take a test on the morning of the 15th if her period did not arrive.

My concern is that this is 3 agonising weeks away, and not the 2 weeks that most seem to be taking a test at. So I would ask, what do you all think? Should we take a test at 2 weeks after IUI or should we wait the full 3 weeks as instructed.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)
GavNel
Friend

Re: First IUI - Not Sure when to take first Test?!? Lesbians

Postby Danaa » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:20 am

Hmmm is a tough one bcs you had a trigger shot and that can give false positives,I would test 12-13days after the Ovidrele shot.
Good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GavNel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:35 am

Thank you for your reply. I think we will do as you suggest and test earlier.. I can't believe how hard waiting is, the docs say you can continue with "normal life" but it's not that simple. We have both been consumed by this and feel like we are in limbo.. trying not to get too excited but equally trying to stay optimistic is exhausting!!
GavNel
Friend

Postby Danaa » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:05 am

Is very hard not to be consumed by this whole process,you just have to find a way to cope as best as you can.
I wish you two good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FletcherGT » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:06 am

How exciting! Have you girls done a test yet? I'm following this feed. I'm about to start our first IUI for our second child, eeeek :) good luck!
FletcherGT

Postby GavNel » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:40 pm

Hello.. we tested on 7dp trigger (5dpiui) to see if the trigger was out.. nothing came up in time limit so we thought trigger was out of her system (wife says, I never seen it) but in the evening I did see the test and there was a very definitive line so guess the trigger was still in her.. we've not tested since and will try to wait till Sunday so 11dpiui & 13dp trigger. It's very exciting and scary and crazy emotionally.. but I would say i feel more calm and in control this week than i did last week, so that's good. Haha!! Good luck when it's your turn!! :)
GavNel
Friend

Postby FletcherGT » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 am

Ahh I'm looking forward to hearing the outcome of your pregnancy test, it is an emotional rollercoster waiting but all you can do is hope for the best and try to keep yourself preoccupied with jobs and tasks to pass the days until the test day. I remember our two week wait for our son, I think we got to about 8 or 9 days post iui to test, we just couldn't bare waiting and it gave a faint positive, we tested every day onwards on those pee stick things and when we were convinced there was a second line and a few more days had passed we bought a digital test from a well known brand which confirmed 2-3 weeks pregnant. I remember doing our first couple of pee stick tests and it looking negative, like I say, emotional rollercoaster. Sending baby dust your way x
FletcherGT

Postby GavNel » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:04 am

Hey.. hope everything is going well for you! We tested on Sunday (11dpiui) and got a BFN and then again this morning (13dpiui) and another BFN. We are both very disappointed but trying to stay positive as af isn't due for another 7 days, and if implantation was late then there is still time.. isn't there?!? x
GavNel
Friend

Postby FletcherGT » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:19 am

GavNel I'm sorry to hear that,truth be told I don't know when you should expect a positive result by, I will be asking this myself in about 10 days time. If it is a negative are you guys trying again?
FletcherGT

Postby GavNel » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:00 am

Hello.. Hope all is going well with you.
AF arrived today :( we are gutted. I know we were told not to expect it to work first time, but you got to hope that it will. Looks like the trigger shot has messed up the wife's cycle as she wasn't due until Tuesday (14th). Yes we are going straight into another cycle, so fingers crossed 2nd time lucky for us!! Trying not to feel too bummed out, and going to try and be more relaxed about whole waiting game this time around.
GavNel
Friend

Return to IUI