Chance of multiples with gonadotropins?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Chance of multiples with gonadotropins?

Postby FletcherGT » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:09 am

I wondered if anyone planning IUI with injectables had more than one follicle growing and had been warned of the possibility of multiples? That's where we find ourselves at the minute. However, we have quite a few smaller follicles too so we have to keep injecting over the weekend and wait until Monday for an ultrasound to see if we're good to trigger or if we have to abandon the cycles. But we have been advised to discuss multiple pregnancy, I just wondered what the chances are from other peoples experiences? So far it's only looking like two main follicles but like I say, lots of small ones.
FletcherGT

Re: Chance of multiples with gonadotropins?

Postby Danaa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:23 am

With any drugs used for ovulation there is a chance of multiples but with injectables the risk is higher indeed.
I had three cycle of injectables and each time I had more than three mature follies.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby FletcherGT » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:15 am

Hi Danaa thanks for the reply, I've got a son to IUI treatment but I can't remember there being more than one mature follicle last time round and that was with injectables. I wonder how many people on here have gone full term with multiples from Gonadotropins, anyone out there?
FletcherGT

Postby Danaa » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 am

With careful monitoring you can reach 36-37w with twins,it depends on each body.
Good luck and I hope you get ur bfp!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IUI