Postpartum sex question

Anything goes, as long as it’s related to TTC!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Postpartum sex question

Postby hadleym9 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:49 pm

Before anyone says anything about this not being about TTC, I have a question and have found no answer on any other website, so I was hoping that someone from this website might be able to help me.

I'm currently 3 and a half months postpartum. My father's baby and I had sex twice last night for the first time since our daughter was conceived. I was bleeding during the sex, but then afterwards I started bleeding even more. Could it just be that my cervix is irritated, or is it something else? I've also been feeling some pressure down there ever since last night and have been having lower abdomen cramps (especially in the right side ovary).

I'm supposed to go back to my OB on the 10th and will be asking about endometriosis because I have a lot of the symptoms for that, and she told me at one of my postpartum checkups that I had unwanted tissue growing where my sutures were, although my she put silver nitrate on it and said the pressure feeling I was having would go away, as well as the tissue. I'm not sure if that might be part of the problem with why I'm bleeding so much and hurt so bad after sex.

Another thing - he used a condom, although didn't put a new one on for the second round, so I'm trying to figure out if I could get pregnant from that. I'm not trying to have another baby for awhile.
hadleym9
Friend

Re: Postpartum sex question

Postby Danaa » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Im sorry,I wish I could help but I have no idea what to say...I hope is nothing serious.good luck!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby GKR_1985 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:50 am

Heavy bleeding with cramps could be your period re returning? I know sex would bring mine on sometimes. I would say "it knocked it loose". However, if you had weird Tiger during your exam I would say have the doctor check you out (especially for the pain). You never know! It is better safe than sorry. Also, never reuse a condom. They are one use.
me: 31 DH: 31
TTC since May 2016 (ntnp since January 2016)
BFP #1 September 2016, m/c October 2016 (6w5d)
BFP #2 March 5, 2017!!!!
DD born November 7, 2017 at 38w5d!
GKR_1985
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby noreenn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 am

There are many women who believe that they are suffering from postpartum menstruation after intercourse. Because the flow of blood is either heavy or due to the fact that the bleeding lasts for a couple of daysy In case the postpartum bleeding after intercourse is too severe or if the flow is too heavy. It may be best to consult a doctor immediately. Even though bleeding during the postpartum period after intercourse is not uncommon. It could be a cause for concern. Which is why it needs to be checked immediately. However, there are some women who also face the problem of postpartum bleeding after intercourses At times. The bleeding after sex could last for a couple of hours but there have been women who have suffered from postpartum bleeding after intercourse for 4 or 5 days.
noreenn

Return to General TTC Stuff