January IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: January IUI

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:30 am

Mayb- I promise the injections get easier. I started mine last night and I barely even think about it now. I was so nervous the first time I had to inject myself, but then afterwards I realized how tiny the needle is. You can barely feel it. I certainly hope the injections do the trick for you.

Hopeful-I'm glad your cycle finally started so you can move on with this month. Good luck to you!

Emcbee-Good luck on this cycle. I sure hope this is your month!

Hannah-the two week wait of an IUI cycle is torture. When will you start testing?
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hopefulmoms » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:36 am

I got bloodwork and an ultrasound this morning. The results are back and they're putting me on Menopur injections. Does anyone have any experience with it? I start injections on day 5 and then back at the clinic on day 8 to see how I'm responding to it. Hopefully the needle is as tiny as the one for Ovidrel!
Hugs to you ladies!
hopefulmoms

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Hopeful-sorry I do not have any experience with that. I have always had good results with follistim. I'm sure it will be the same size needle.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ajb38 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:34 am

I went to the dr this morning. I only have 2 follicles that are around 20mm, 1 at 13mm and a few others that probably won't catch up. I trigger tomorrow night and IUI Friday morning. I hope this one works since it is my last shot.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hannah@26 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Ajb38- I'm thinking of taking a test tomorrow morning. It will be 15 days past my trigger shot and 14 days past my iui. I'm not feeling the normal af symptoms like after my first iui, except my bbs have been extremely sore and some mild cramps. So wish me luck!
Good luck to you this cycle!
How many hours after the trigger will your iui be? Both of mine were at 26 hours. Which makes me nervous because I hear of better results at 36 hours. I'm not sure if follicle size matters to determine how many hours after it should be done.. also because I'm using frozen donor sperm I know it has a shorter lifespan.
If this cycle fails I'm going to suggest doing it at 36 hours to my doctor.
Hannah@26
Friend

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:16 am

Ajb38 - Good luck!! Sending you lots of positive vibes.
Hannah- Did you take the test? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Emcbee- I took my first shot of Meopur this morning (same as merional); same dose as you. Have you experienced any side effects so far?
Menopur wasn't too bad. It does sting a little, but the sensation only lasts a couple of minutes.
Have a great day everyone!
hopefulmoms

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 am

Hannah- How have you not tested yet??? I want to be you when I grow up, lol. I always say I am going to wait, but then cave. My dr does the IUI 36 hours after trigger. It is definitely worth a shot to suggest it if it doesn't work this time. But I have good feelings about this time for you since it has been 14 days and still no AF or AF sysmptoms.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Hannah@26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 am

hopefulmoms:
ajb38:
I tested a few times before this morning haha, all were negative including this morning with first response. I'm hanging onto a shred of hope though. my nurse told me not to test until the 13th, so if no af by then ill get a blood test. i actually called my nurse this morning to find out how many sperm were in this sample and it was 57 million! I totally forgot to ask on iui day. My husband and i were planning on switching donors if it failed a second time but now I'm thinking we wont.
Hannah@26
Friend

Postby mayb_this_month » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:07 pm

I had a day 7 scan on Monday which showed 3 small follicles, I am back tomorrow for a day 10 scan hoping the follicles have grown a bit so that he can be nearly time for the IUI. I am only taking 75iu of FSH every second day and in most of the research of read it should be daily. I thought when the follicles were so small on Monday they might increase the dose but they didn't.
mayb_this_month

Postby Emcbee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:03 am

hopefulmoms - I had headaches the first evening and have been a bit more tired, though work has been busy so it could be that. otherwise no side effects from medication

Hannah - good luck with holding out til the 13th :)

Ajb - good luck for the IUI

mayb this time - hope that your scan looks good tomorrow

I’m going for a scan and bloods tomorrow (day 5 since stims but day 9 of cycle). Think they’re calling me back before weekend as sometimes I naturally ovulate early. Interested to see what is happening!
Emcbee

Postby Ajb38 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 am

Hannah- fingers crossed that AF stays away and you get your BFP
Mayb- How did your scan go? Hopefully your follies have grown a lot since the last one. I am not familiar with FSH.
Emcbee and Mayb- I think we will all be around the same time for IUI's. Lot's of TWW company!
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mayb_this_month » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:45 am

Ajb it's follicle stimulating hormone so similar to menopur.

My scan today went ok, I've 1 big follicle at 14mm, it was only 6mm on Monday so it's responding well. I have to have another scan tomorrow to check that it has grown again and if it has I'll have my trigger on Sunday AM and IUI Monday afternoon.
mayb_this_month

Postby Emcbee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:35 am

Good luck for the IUI mayb!

My scan today (after 4 stims shots) shows one follicle at 10mm, one at 13.5mm, back on Monday for day 7 scan and fingers crossed trigger if all keeps well with insem on wed 17th.

Hope you’re all doing ok!
Emcbee

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 am

Emcbee wrote:hopefulmoms - I had headaches the first evening and have been a bit more tired, though work has been busy so it could be that. otherwise no side effects from medication

Hannah - good luck with holding out til the 13th :)

Ajb - good luck for the IUI

mayb this time - hope that your scan looks good tomorrow

I’m going for a scan and bloods tomorrow (day 5 since stims but day 9 of cycle). Think they’re calling me back before weekend as sometimes I naturally ovulate early. Interested to see what is happening!

I've been super tired too. Last night I was ready for bed at 8 pm and getting out of bed has been a challenge.
hopefulmoms

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 am

Ajb38 wrote:I went to the dr this morning. I only have 2 follicles that are around 20mm, 1 at 13mm and a few others that probably won't catch up. I trigger tomorrow night and IUI Friday morning. I hope this one works since it is my last shot.

Good luck today Ajb38!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.
hopefulmoms

PreviousNext

Return to IUI