January IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: January IUI

Postby Ajb38 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

Thanks Hopeful. I am all done. Hubby's sperm count was a little lower than normal, but we will see what happens. I am keeping my expectations very low.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emcbee » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:02 am

Scan update only one follicle at 17.6mm. I have been triggered and IUI tomorrow. It will be about 24hrs rather than the 36 they usually try and do but apparently I’m trying to ovulate on my own & triggering tonight & leaving 36hrs would mean we miss the boat. Not holding out too much hope for this cycle! Good luck everyone!
Emcbee

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:30 am

Emcbee- you never know, maybe doing it earlier will do the trick! Good luck!
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mayb_this_month » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:39 am

I had my 5th scan this morning. follicle remains at 14mm no change in 5 days. I am devastated as we'd originally hoped that IUI would be today. Now I have to go for another scan on Thursday and if it's no bigger we'll have to abandon this cycle and start again. I'm finding this really tough!!
mayb_this_month

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Mayb-I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I wonder why that follicle isn't growing. Are you still taking any meds?
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hopefulmoms » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:49 am

Mayb - sorry to hear. Don't lose hope though; things might change by Thursday. I hear you; going through this is hard, and I think one of the hardest things is that we have little control over it. The waiting game is painful too.

I had a scan on day 8 and one on day 10 (yesterday). My follicles are responding well to Menopur. I have 3 follicles that aren't too big, but apparently the goal is to slow down the follicle growth to delay ovulation and give the egg(s) more chance to mature. The doctor mentioned I tend to ovulate early, so hopefully delaying the ovulation helps. I'm still on Menopur and I have another scan and bloodwork tomorrow. I'm not sure when the IUI will happen but they want to delay ovulation as much as possible, so I'm thinking it might be over the weekend.

Hugs to you all!
hopefulmoms

Postby Emcbee » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Mayb - fingers crossed for Thursday. The lack of control really is tough. Don’t lose hope though!

Hopeful- great news with the follicles! Good luck with scan and bloods

I had IUI today. Husbands count was quite good but I think our timing was bit off so expectations low. Start cyclogest pessaries on 18th

Best wishes to all!
Emcbee

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:40 am

Emcbee wrote:Mayb - fingers crossed for Thursday. The lack of control really is tough. Don’t lose hope though!

Hopeful- great news with the follicles! Good luck with scan and bloods

I had IUI today. Husbands count was quite good but I think our timing was bit off so expectations low. Start cyclogest pessaries on 18th

Best wishes to all!

Emcbee, don't lose hope! I know everyone is different and every clinic does things differently, but at my clinic they trigger 12- 16 hours before IUI. One of the things I've learned through this process and by reading and talking with other people about their experiences is that you never know what's going to work for you. You can try to control certain aspects of the process but in the end sometimes things happen randomly. So who knows! Maybe it'll all work out for you this time around. All the best!
hopefulmoms

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:48 am

I had another scan and bloodwork done this morning. One of my follicles is 17.5 mm, one is 15mm and the third one is 11mm. I'm doing the trigger shot tonight and I'm scheduled for IUI tomorrow at 8:30.
Every time I get an IUI done there's so much excitement and uncertainty! Wish me luck!
hopefulmoms

Postby Ajb38 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 am

Hopeful-good luck today on your IUI!!!

I am 6dpiui today. Nothing to report. And I am happy to say that I am not really crazy symptom spotting yet. I'm sure it's coming, lol
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Lyn17 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:10 am

Hi All,

Hopefulmom - good luck and baby dust to you :)
Ajb- hey it’s good to see you on here again. Happy your calm during your tww. I’m rooting for you. Just to give you more hope my husbands count was 6 million on first IUI and we got BFP.

I was on the November and December IUI thread and now I’m back checking on you ladies. I had IUI with my November cycle and got my first BFP ever on 12/14. I miscarried 12/29 at 6 weeks. Waiting on my cycle to start to try another IUI. Doctor is not opposed to me doing another IUI but he recommends IVF because I’m 36 and they think it will be better to select a good quality egg. Any thoughts on that? We don’t just have 15K laying around lol. Can’t wait for cycle to start
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:56 am

Lyn17 wrote:Hi All,

Hopefulmom - good luck and baby dust to you :)
Ajb- hey it’s good to see you on here again. Happy your calm during your tww. I’m rooting for you. Just to give you more hope my husbands count was 6 million on first IUI and we got BFP.

I was on the November and December IUI thread and now I’m back checking on you ladies. I had IUI with my November cycle and got my first BFP ever on 12/14. I miscarried 12/29 at 6 weeks. Waiting on my cycle to start to try another IUI. Doctor is not opposed to me doing another IUI but he recommends IVF because I’m 36 and they think it will be better to select a good quality egg. Any thoughts on that? We don’t just have 15K laying around lol. Can’t wait for cycle to start

Thanks Lyn!

I suppose IVF would give you better chances but at 36 you still have pretty good chances with IUI. I'm turning 40 in a couple of weeks and my doctor recommended IUI from the very beginning, based on all the initial tests. IVF has always been an option but we definitely don't have the money for it.
hopefulmoms

Postby Ajb38 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 am

Lyn- I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I had one back in May. Such a difficult thing to deal with. I hope your cycle starts soon so you can move forward. 36 is young!! I didn't have my son until I was 37. Maybe try IUI a few more times and then move to IVF if it doesn't work. But the fact that it worked last month is a good sign.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mayb_this_month » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Hope everyone is well...

I had my IUI this afternoon. 1 follicle at 19.8mm and 22million sperm. Had my trigger at 7.30am yesterday morning and my IUI at 15.45 today. Here's to the start of TWW!!
mayb_this_month

Postby Emcbee » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:07 pm

Awesome, it did grow after all! Good luck mayb!
Emcbee

PreviousNext

Return to IUI