January IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: January IUI

Postby enigm8a » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:57 am

I did my first IUI one week ago Monday. This was after I learned that my insurance gave false information to my clinic and does not actually cover fertility treatments. They said they would cover this first one due to their error but who knows. I'm very stressed about that. It would be lovely to think this first try will be successful and I'm trying to be positive but there is the creeping fear that it will not be. All subsequent treatments will be paid out of pocket and that is highly cost prohibitive.

I had a dream last week that I was on vacation and got my period. I was so nervous to use the bathroom that morning; I thought it might be a sign and I had actually gotten my period.

This morning my clinic had me come in to do blood work to test my progesterone. One more week...ug!

I'm a single woman who doesn't want to share every paranoia with friends and family. So here I am.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 am

Enigm8a- You are definitely in the right spot!!! You can share whatever you want with us. We are all pretty much in the same boat. Good luck and I hope the next week goes by pretty fast for you.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby enigm8a » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:41 am

ajb38 - thank you! I sincerely appreciate that. Here is one odd thing, I'm afraid to ride my bike to work. It's only a 3 mile commute and I'm a relatively slow biker but I'm paranoid that I'll hit a pothole or speedbump and disrupt this potential pregnancy.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulmoms » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:14 am

enigm8a - Welcome! I hear you; it's hard to talk about it with friends and family. It's been a challenge to me to share with my loved ones because I don't want to create false expectations and I also don't want to deal with people asking me every little detail about the process. I also understand the fear about riding your bike. What has helped me get through those fears is reading more about the conception and development process and seeing some diagrams. During my first TWW I was so scared of doing anything, lol.

Ajb- how's your TWW going?

I'm 4 dpiui and I haven't had any "symptoms" so far. Is anyone on Endometrin? I don't know if it's the TWW anxiety or the Endrometrin but I'm so grumpy these days. :P
hopefulmoms

Postby enigm8a » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:34 am

Hi folks, can someone help explain progesterone to me. I had blood work done this morning (one week after my iui) to test my progesterone. They said they wanted it to be above a 10 and mine is at 8. They are going to have me take vagina suppositories (fun!) to improve it.

My question is, is 8 bad? doesn't that mean that it's still progress. What would it be normally if I was just regularly moving to the end of my cycle without an iui?

thanks in advance!
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulmoms » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:09 pm

enigm8a -- Your progesterone leves go up the second half of your cycle in preparation for pregnancy. If you do get pregnant those levels continue to raise and stay high during the entire pregnancy. If you don't end up getting pregnant your progesterone level drops again until your next cycle.
It's important they stay high after your IUI so you have better chances of implantation. I have been prescribed the vaginal suppositories every time I've had an IUI, starting the day after, but that might be because of my age. They are not super fun, but they are also not horrible.
hopefulmoms

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 pm

Enigma-typically the more follicles that you have during an IUI the higher your progesterone will be also. At least that is what my RE tells me.

Hopeful- I am doing pretty good. I didn't start testing until yesterday. My trigger shot was still showing up. I tested again this morning and the line was barely there. I have sore breasts and cramps on and off. I really don't think I will see that BFP this month. My period is due anytime between tomorrow and Saturday.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby enigm8a » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Thank you all!
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Soshy01 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm

Hello all, I'm 30 and my husband and I have been trying with no luck, we had 3 time intercourse and 1 failed iui. Currently on clomid, and hopefully doing an iui by next week. Super nervous
Soshy01

Postby Puttam » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:54 pm

Hey guys! We have been ttc for 6yrs now and are currently on our 3rd and final iui attempt... this being our final attempt is not by choice but due to only having one ovary with a very limited egg reserve my doc doesn't want to risk causing me to go into early menopause... i started 150iu follistim last Thurs, 18 Jan. I am scheduled for US scan this thurs to determine if 150iu will finally give some results worth mentioning. Last cycle we started with 50iu then increased too 100iu followed by 200iu for the last 2days before trigger, which we had 2 small follies. Im so afraid that my body just isn't going to respond and this will just be another month of disappointment... fingers crossed despite lol. Good luck to all on this journey with me this month, may we all have BFP!! #nonegativesallowed
Puttam
Friend

Postby Soshy01 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Good luck!!! Baby dust to you
Soshy01

Postby Puttam » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:14 pm

mayb_this_month wrote:Good luck to everyone!

I had to give myself my first shot last night, it was really overwhelming. I cried for about 30 mins before I plucked up the courage to just jab it in! I spend my day injecting people as I am a nurse and I think people think because I am a nurse that all this will be no problem to me and I won't have any issues.

If any of you have been through this before, does it get any easier?

mayb_this_month, you are not alone! I am an Air Force med tech (civilian lpn equivalent) and I give other peolple shots, place IVs, and draw blood on a daily basis. The first injection i gave myself took me an hour and withholding coffee from myself before i finally just did it. My coffee cup full of delicious aromatic coffee was literally sitting within inches of me and i wouldn't allow myself even a sip. Watching it get cold, I finally had no other choice but to jab it in. To this day, currently on my 3rd cycle of injections, i still reward myself with coffee after each inj. The difference between then and now though is that it has gotten easier and takes no more than 10min total and my beloved coffee is HOT!

Hopefully, you will get a BFP this month and won't have to do too many more inj but it does get easier. Just remember, you arent alone in this battle!
Puttam
Friend

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:26 am

Good luck Puttam and Soshy!

I'm 6 dpiui and I've been having little cramps here and there. I'm also on Endometrin (progesterone) and it makes me tired and gassy (fun!). This first week has gone soooo slow. I can't wait for my two-week blood test.

Abj- how are you doing?
hopefulmoms

Postby enigm8a » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:01 am

hopefulmoms wrote:I'm 6 dpiui and I've been having little cramps here and there. I'm also on Endometrin (progesterone) and it makes me tired and gassy (fun!). This first week has gone soooo slow. I can't wait for my two-week blood test.

That is really intimidating. Send you lots of positive energy! I hope this one is the one.

5 more days of waiting for me. I've never been more excited to take a blood test. Decided against buying an early pregnancy test, either way, the results will need to be confirmed. I'd hate to have the result be proven wrong when I do go in for my test. Also, today I decided to bike in to work. I was really hesitant about it but my dr's office (and friends) assured me it would be okay. It is only a three mile easy ride but it still made me nervous.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby GavNel » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:11 am

Hello Ladies
I am hoping you can give me a little advice.
My Wife and I are on IUI#4, and the first cycle with gonal-f + ovidrel. We had 2 good sized follicles (22mm & 19mm I think) and 2 smaller ones. Today is 11dpiui and my wife has had a little light brownish discharge this morning and she feels like AF is coming. However on the last 3 attempts AF has not arrived until 15dpiui on attempt 1 & 2 and then 16dpiui on attempt 3, so I think its way too early for AF. Have any of you experienced this before? or has AF ever come early when taking ovidrel?
Thanks
GavNel
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI