January IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: January IUI

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:12 am

I was so happy to log on this morning and see all the new people and posts!!! January is a busy month! Good luck to everyone.

Hopeful- I am doing well. 12dpiui and still getting negatives so I am 99% sure I am out. And I have cramps like AF will show up any minute. I wish if I am not going to get a BFP that it would just show up so I can move on. Although I am sad at the thought of my TTC journey coming to an end I also feel like it will be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:13 am

Re: January IUI

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:24 am

Hi everyone! I am brand new here, I just found this site yesterday and I am so glad I did.

We have just started our fertility journey after 13months of TTC on our own. I am 36 (37 next month) and my DH is 46. All my blood tests came back normal, but my cycles are all over the place 26-46 days.
My DH SA showed he had 92% morphology. Everything else good.

We just had our first IUI on Monday the 22nd. We did 2.5mg 2X a day of Femara days 3-7 and had follicle scan last Thursday. I had one major follicle 17.5mm and RE had me take Ovidrel shot on Saturday night and IUI on Monday. DH post wash sperm was a grade 3, 144 million sperm and 97% motility ! So we were really happy with this.

I’ve had cramping and bloating since the IUI.
I’m really trying not to get my hopes up for this cycle as I know it usually takes a few...but I’m sooo anxious and every little thing I feel I wonder if it’s a good sign.
We were supposed to have sex the night of the IUI but I was cramping really bad, we tried but every position hurt really bad. So we didn’t get any more swimmers in there. Worried about this ...

I’m just so glad to have found this site, as it makes me feel better to know others are in the same boat.
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:48 am

Re: January IUI

Postby mayb_this_month » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Puttam- so glad to hear I am not alone!! It was so tough but I don't mind doing them now. TBH I'd do anything if I got the end result! Good luck with this IUI, really hoping you get your BFP!!

I am 5DPIUI, nothing weird or wonderful to report. Few cramps here and there but trying so hard not to analyse every little thing!! I am using crinone gel 8% (progesterone) twice a day, these are nearly as awful as the injections!! It makes me feel like AF is coming everyday!!!
mayb_this_month
Member
Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: January IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:42 pm

GavNel wrote:Hello Ladies
I am hoping you can give me a little advice.
My Wife and I are on IUI#4, and the first cycle with gonal-f + ovidrel. We had 2 good sized follicles (22mm & 19mm I think) and 2 smaller ones. Today is 11dpiui and my wife has had a little light brownish discharge this morning and she feels like AF is coming. However on the last 3 attempts AF has not arrived until 15dpiui on attempt 1 & 2 and then 16dpiui on attempt 3, so I think its way too early for AF. Have any of you experienced this before? or has AF ever come early when taking ovidrel?
Thanks


Hi there, I've taken ovidrel for my 3 IUIs and it's hasn't made my AF come early. A little bloody discharge is normal, as far as I know. It might even happen during implantation for some women. Good luck!
hopefulmoms
Member
Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Re: January IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Ajb38 wrote:I was so happy to log on this morning and see all the new people and posts!!! January is a busy month! Good luck to everyone.

Hopeful- I am doing well. 12dpiui and still getting negatives so I am 99% sure I am out. And I have cramps like AF will show up any minute. I wish if I am not going to get a BFP that it would just show up so I can move on. Although I am sad at the thought of my TTC journey coming to an end I also feel like it will be a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.


Ajb- I understand. Sending you warm hugs.
hopefulmoms
Member
Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Re: January IUI

Postby GavNel » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:30 am

hopefulmoms wrote:
GavNel wrote:Hello Ladies
I am hoping you can give me a little advice.
My Wife and I are on IUI#4, and the first cycle with gonal-f + ovidrel. We had 2 good sized follicles (22mm & 19mm I think) and 2 smaller ones. Today is 11dpiui and my wife has had a little light brownish discharge this morning and she feels like AF is coming. However on the last 3 attempts AF has not arrived until 15dpiui on attempt 1 & 2 and then 16dpiui on attempt 3, so I think its way too early for AF. Have any of you experienced this before? or has AF ever come early when taking ovidrel?
Thanks


Hi there, I've taken ovidrel for my 3 IUIs and it's hasn't made my AF come early. A little bloody discharge is normal, as far as I know. It might even happen during implantation for some women. Good luck!


Thanks for the reply.
She has continued to have a brown discharge all through yesterday and this morning too. It's getting darker and more like AF than before. But its still only 12dpiui today so I feel much too soon for AF to arrive. Do you think we are out?
GavNel
Friend
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:55 am

Re: January IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 am

GavNel wrote:
hopefulmoms wrote:
GavNel wrote:Hello Ladies
I am hoping you can give me a little advice.
My Wife and I are on IUI#4, and the first cycle with gonal-f + ovidrel. We had 2 good sized follicles (22mm & 19mm I think) and 2 smaller ones. Today is 11dpiui and my wife has had a little light brownish discharge this morning and she feels like AF is coming. However on the last 3 attempts AF has not arrived until 15dpiui on attempt 1 & 2 and then 16dpiui on attempt 3, so I think its way too early for AF. Have any of you experienced this before? or has AF ever come early when taking ovidrel?
Thanks


Hi there, I've taken ovidrel for my 3 IUIs and it's hasn't made my AF come early. A little bloody discharge is normal, as far as I know. It might even happen during implantation for some women. Good luck!


Thanks for the reply.
She has continued to have a brown discharge all through yesterday and this morning too. It's getting darker and more like AF than before. But its still only 12dpiui today so I feel much too soon for AF to arrive. Do you think we are out?


I certainly hope not, but it's hard to say.
hopefulmoms
Member
Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Re: January IUI

Postby Wifetobe-2019 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Evening all. I’m new here. Currently mid way through my two week wait and very anxious. Someone recommended this page to me and I quite look forward to hearing from others in the same situation.
Wifetobe-2019
Friend
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Re: January IUI

Postby GavNel » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:00 am

Just thought I would report that it was indeed AF, arrived late last night/this morning! We are completely devastated as we both really though this was our month! Called the nurse and she said this can sometimes happen as a reaction to the drugs. I wish they had told us this before as we got quite excited about the possibility it was implantation bleeding as it was around the correct time! Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting!
GavNel
Friend
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:55 am

Re: January IUI

Postby Ajb38 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:15 am

Well AF got me last night too! My trying to conceive journey is officially over. It is bittersweet. I am glad no more keeping track of calendar days, taking meds, shots, etc. But I am sad that we won't be growing our family of three. I am blessed with a beautiful little boy and a wonderful husband. I know that is way more than some people have so I am definitely not going to feel sorry for myself.

Good luck to all of you!!! I hope all of you get those BFP's!!!
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:13 am

Re: January IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:15 am

GavNel wrote:Just thought I would report that it was indeed AF, arrived late last night/this morning! We are completely devastated as we both really though this was our month! Called the nurse and she said this can sometimes happen as a reaction to the drugs. I wish they had told us this before as we got quite excited about the possibility it was implantation bleeding as it was around the correct time! Good Luck to everyone who is still waiting!


I'm so sorry to hear. I know the feeling :( . Hugs to you and your wife.
hopefulmoms
Member
Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Re: January IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:16 am

Ajb38 wrote:Well AF got me last night too! My trying to conceive journey is officially over. It is bittersweet. I am glad no more keeping track of calendar days, taking meds, shots, etc. But I am sad that we won't be growing our family of three. I am blessed with a beautiful little boy and a wonderful husband. I know that is way more than some people have so I am definitely not going to feel sorry for myself.

Good luck to all of you!!! I hope all of you get those BFP's!!!


All the best to you and your family! Hugs.
hopefulmoms
Member
Member
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Re: January IUI

Postby mayb_this_month » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:52 am

GavNel really sorry to hear this wasn't your month... I didn't know the drugs could make AF come early

Ajb38 sorry your journey has come to an end. As hard as it is to deal with at least you have a loving family around you. all the best for the future

1 week of TWW down--- it's killing me!!!!
mayb_this_month
Member
Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: January IUI

Postby Emcbee » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:39 pm

So sorry to GavNel and Ajb :(

Mayb - 2ww is far too long I agree! I’m 10dpiui and they’ve given me a test date of 3rd, which would mean I would be 18dpiui! Pretty sure AF will get me by then. Feeling pretty premenstrual

Good luck all!
Emcbee
Member
Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:21 am

Re: January IUI

Postby Lyn17 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:09 am

Hi Ladies,

I was on the November and December IUI blog. We got pregnant with our first IUI but MC at 6weeks on 12/29. I just started my cycle and we are starting IUI #2. My husband has retrograde ejaculation which causes low sperm count. He had 6million the last IUI and we got BFP which was amazing. I start femara today for 5 days then 2 Gonal f injection 150 dose on Tuesday and Thursday. Then the ovidrel trigger shot when instructed.

Ajb38- I’m sorry AF showed up. Hang in there. Are you doing another round of IUI?

Prayingforredhead- your odds sound amazing and your husbands count is awesome. Good luck to you

Baby dust and well wishes to the rest of you
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to IUI