January IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: January IUI

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:00 pm

Lyn17- so sorry to hear of your loss. It is encouraging to hear about your first round success. Hoping you will have success with this cycle and a healthy baby. Thank you for your encouraging words.

TWW seems to be dragging
Hoping everyone gets their BFP
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lyn17 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:52 pm

My last IUI the fertility office did IUI after I ovulated. So after I took the ovidrel injection and ovulated. I was worried the it would go work at the time it was done. I got a BFP with the November cycle but it just seemed weird because we are told to have sex in fertile window before ovulation. The doctor said they want the egg already waiting when the sperm is placed in. I started meds today for IUI #2. Does anyone else doctors office do insenination after ovulation? I hear some offices do insemination twice, before and after ovulation
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:44 am

Lyn17- this is how my RE does it as well, I am worried we missed the egg because of timing...but my husband keeps saying to trust the doctor they know what they are doing. It makes it worse when I can’t stop reading others stories and how their treatment is being handled. Like getting iseminated before and after?!?
We were instructed to take ovidrel shot on Saturday between 10-midnight and my insemination was at 4:30pm on Monday ...

Im pretty sure I was ovulating before insemination as I checked my CM and it was super slippery glisteny and puffy feeling....is the only way I know how to describe it.

One more week to wait until I test ...so we shall see.

Keep us posted!!
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lyn17 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:14 pm

My RE said they do imsemination 35 to 42 hours after ovidrel. Your timing was about 41 hours. I’m pretty sure you ovulated before insemination as well with taking the ovidrel. I wouldn’t worry. I was super worried my first IUI when they inseminated after ovulation and I got BFP. It just seems weird.

I agree. Reading other RE doing before and after insemination makes me want to try that. I need to learn to just trust that they know what they are doing and getting a BFP is proof of that.

I took ovidrel Tuesday 11/28 at 5pm and insemination was at 11am on Thursday 11/30. So mine was 42 hours after trigger. The PA showed me fluid inside me where the follicles ruptured meaning I ovulated and it was perfect timing. So I think you are good to go. No worries. Keep us posted as well
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Soshy01 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Ok so I went for ultrasound today and had 1 big follicle on each side :-). Was hoping for at least 3 follicle but happy I got 2. Last time I had 2 only on the left and iui wasnt successful. Got the ovidrel shot and iui is schedule for tomorrow morning, fingers crossed.
Soshy01

Postby Lyn17 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:42 pm

Soshy- good luck. It only takes 1 follicle :)
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Soshy01 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Thank you Lynn!
Soshy01

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:27 pm

Lyn- Thank you for sharing that

Soshy- that is exciting!! I only had one on my left side...so two is great!! Hoping your IUI is successful
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulmoms » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:26 pm

Good luck Soshy!

I'm feeling a little pessimistic today. I started getting AF-like cramps yesterday and I'm pretty sure AF will come this week. I'm 10 dpiui and I'm getting a blood test done Thursday. I'm preparing myself for it to come back negative. :(
hopefulmoms

Postby Soshy01 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:02 pm

Hopefully not!! Don't give up yet.
Soshy01

Postby Soshy01 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Thank you
Soshy01

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:20 am

Lyn- So sorry to see you back on the boards again. Good luck with IUI #2. Hopefully you have the same luck. I am not doing another round. It's just all too much to keep doing month after month. So I booked a trip to Disney World for my family in the spring! I needed something happy to take my mind off of all of this. Planning a trip is the perfect diversion.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby enigm8a » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:29 pm

I just got my blood work phone call a little while ago. I am not pregnant. I am very sad and disappointed. This was only my first try but I'm a gay woman so I have no knowledge of whether I have fertility difficulties or not. No prior knowledge to glean from so I was hopeful when I didn't get my period during the 2WW. Turns out the progesterone suppositories kept my period at bay. I wish they had to told me that when I started taking them last week. I would have tempered my hope a little more. I was so convinced by the end of my 2ww that I was pregnant, but sadly I am not. My insurance doesn't cover these treatments so every time I try it is very expensive for me.

anyway, today I am sad and will allow myself a glass or two of wine. thanks for being there for me. I sincerely appreciate it.

Sasha
Last edited by enigm8a on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mayb_this_month » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:43 pm

enigm8a- really sorry you're not pregnant. I didn't know that the progesterone suppositories can delay your period, thanks for that. I won't get my hopes up if AF is late...

Hopeful- I feel your pessimism today, I'l also day 10piui, I stupidly took a test today BFN... I'm feeling pretty periody which is devastating.... I'm due for bloods on friday but I know what it'll show
mayb_this_month

Postby enigm8a » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 pm

mayb_this_month wrote:Hopeful- I feel your pessimism today, I'l also day 10piui, I stupidly took a test today BFN... I'm feeling pretty periody which is devastating.... I'm due for bloods on friday but I know what it'll show

Thanks for that. I hope this helps others because I would have loved to know this upfront. But take comfort in the fact that many people report that period cramping feels similar to early pregnancy signs. I too almost bought a test. Everyone talked me out of it, and now I'm glad they did. There are too many false positives and false negatives. And no definitive answers. I'm still going to wallow today but tomorrow I'm going to shake myself off and try again.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI