February IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: February IUI

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:13 am

Hi everyone! I wanted to get some perspective from the group on Accupunture for infertility . I have been doing some research and reading from others who have done this and it has helped with IUI/ IVF. I scheduled my first appointment this Friday afternoon. Anyone else do this?
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Karo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Good afternoon, Ladies.

Regarding my cyst they didn't say much except to come back when my next menses starts. Nothing about how to reduce it or monitoring the dang thing. They did say it was a side effect to the clomid. Curious does anyone take fertility supplements and if so which ones? I am going to another fertility clinic next week to get another opinion since I have such a low AMH.

Soshy..Sorry to hear about your result.

Babydreams...Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

Lyn...hoping for your BFP!!!

Prayingforourredhead... I started acupuncture on the 14th of February. I have been told it takes a couple months for it to be effective. My sister swears that it helped her get pregnant.
Karo

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 pm

karo- I only take a prenatal vitamin, do RE’s usually prescribe fertility supplements or just recommend you get them? I have so much to learn.
I have also read that it takes a couple months for Accupunture to help ...but figured I might as well give it a shot! Thanks for responding:)
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lyn17 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:15 am

Karo- Thank you so much. I take femara instead of clomid. Not sure what the difference is. I also take 2 Gonal f injections and then progesterone during the TWW. Hoping your cyst is gone by your next scan.
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:25 am

Morning ladies, I usually don’t test until at least 13DPO. But I could not help myself and test tested this morning at 10dpo with first response and got a faint positive. I am in shock. My blood test is Monday. Should I test again 12dpo (Saturday)and tell my husband or just wait until Monday?
Attachments
B2341974-36C5-4D14-9B7D-C7A0687DDEC6.jpeg
B2341974-36C5-4D14-9B7D-C7A0687DDEC6.jpeg (115.24 KiB) Viewed 261 times
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:37 am

Lyn- OH MY GOODNESS!!! I see it! And sometimes I feel like when people post these pics when they are faint, I can’t! I am so beyond thrilled for you!!
I think the decision is up to you, are you good at keeping secrets? I would have a hard time holding it in and would have to tell my hubby but either way..I am so very happy for you!! So exciting!!! Sticky baby dust to you!! Come on baby stick!!!
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Karo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:29 am

Lyn. I am so excited for you!!! I totally see it. Come on BFP!!!!
Karo

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:44 am

I could not help myself and told my husband this morning. I got no reaction at all. I asked what was going on and he said he doesn’t want to get his hopes up this early. We had a MC in December with IUI #1 so I get it. Not asking him to go out an celebrate but man can I get some support and positivity. That may help our baby stick. I know him and he will be all non chalant until 2-3 months in. I need his support the entire way sighhhh. Sorry to be Debbie downer but after his reaction I’m a bit sad.

In December I did a cute surprise to tell him and he was so happy he had some tears.
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:50 am

Lyn- :( sorry girl, you do need his support...but I understand his apprehension. It’s a defense mechanism. Hopefully he will come around when you get your BETA test! I will say a prayer! In the mean time, you stay postive and upbeat as much as possible!! Got to believe this baby is gonna stick! Stick baby stick!!
I have my follicle scan this afternoon...hoping for big mature follicles and a lining of at least 8mm or more!!
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:56 am

Prayingforred- i believe and receive that. Thank you

Your scan today will be everything you hope for. Big follicle coming your way. Keep us posted :)
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:25 pm

I had my scan and I’m feeling down, only had 1 mature follicle and it was barely 15mm. My lining was at an 8 though which is better than it normally is.
What’s got me feeling down is the fact that it’s the smallest one I’ve had yet and yet I am still on the same schedule of taking Ovidrel and doing IUI...?!? Doesn’t seem right ...idk...trying to stay positive but just not sure.
I have Accupunture scheduled for tomorrow afternoon so I’m just going to try to relax.
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:23 pm

Prayingforourredhead wrote:I had my scan and I’m feeling down, only had 1 mature follicle and it was barely 15mm. My lining was at an 8 though which is better than it normally is.
What’s got me feeling down is the fact that it’s the smallest one I’ve had yet and yet I am still on the same schedule of taking Ovidrel and doing IUI...?!? Doesn’t seem right ...idk...trying to stay positive but just not sure.
I have Accupunture scheduled for tomorrow afternoon so I’m just going to try to relax.

I totally get feeling down. I was feeling that way post failed IUI #2. take care of yourself, do what you like to do to relax or have fun and laugh. I started doing the circle & bloom medication serious online. It helps calm and relax me.

I'm sending love from philadelphia.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Prayingforourredhead » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Enigm8a- Thank you, I appreciate that! I’m gonna look up circle and bloom
Prayingforourredhead
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Soshy01 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Lynn congrats!!! I see it also. Don’t worry your husband will come around.
Prayingforourredhead- don’t worry I’m sure they wouldn’t tell you yes if it wasn’t possible.
Sorry for the late check in I was feeling a little down, we leaving town for a quick mini vacation.
Soshy01

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:26 pm

Thank you for the well wishes and congrats ladies

Prayingforred - dont forget that your follicle will still grow by the time you do the IUI. No worries I think your okay. Hoping the acupuncture helps you relax :) let me know how you like it. I am lost the natural curve in my neck and it was causing tingling/numbness and all kinds of crazy symptoms the past year. This January I finally found a chiropractor that figured out what was wrong and I finally feel 80% myself again. I get acupressure massages but want to try acupuncture to help as well
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI