Success with regular intercourse after cancelled IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Success with regular intercourse after cancelled IUI

Postby NancyPants13 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:21 am

Has anyone has success with regular intercourse after a cancelled iui due to low sperm count before wash. Long story short ish.. We had a reversal that scarred over, a failed ivf (17 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized but only one made it to transfer). Did a second reversal, count had fluctuated but last analysis in September was 11 million. Started the IUI process end of January... Gonal f for 7 days. Yesterday (Thursday) I went for blood work and ultrasound and my follicles were 19.5 and 20. Because my husband hadn't ejaculated since Tuesday they said to go home and BD and I'd do my trigger and come back Saturday for IUI. We did that but then I got a call saying my blood work was showing an LH surge and to come in today (Friday) for the IUI. Husband did his part and shortly after they said the count was too low before the wash that they didn't think there would be a point. There was only about 20 hours between us doing the deed yesterday and him going in today so we had a feeling the count would be low. They obviously said to BD again today so we have more of a chance. I'm feeling so defeated right now so any help, insight, hope would be greatly appreciated... Are my chances really any better than the previous months of naturally trying because of the injections I did this month?
NancyPants13

Re: Success with regular intercourse after cancelled IUI

Postby mglupe1979 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Yes nancy your chances are better since you have teo nice follicle. Stay positive good luck. Keep us posted. God is in control
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Danaa » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Hello,I would say yes,two follies and very well timed intercourse so yeah.Good luck!!update when you have a result!!
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NancyPants13 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Thank you both so much! I'm definitely trying my best to stay positive :)
NancyPants13

Postby NancyPants13 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:43 am

Forgot to follow-up. Unfortunately no pregnancy. Hopefully next time
NancyPants13

Return to IUI