March IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

March IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:27 am

I'm back in the game this month for our 4th and last IUI. Yesterday was my day 3, started Menopur last night. We're back to the clinic on day 9th for an ultrasound and bloodwork. Hopefully we'll have a couple of good follies.
I'm doing everything I can this month for our last try to be successful. I'm eating healthier, taking all my supplements, doing acupuncture, doing yoga, and trying to not stress out. Fingers crossed!

Anyone else trying this month?
hopefulmoms

Re: March IUI

Postby Emcbee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:59 am

Yep me, round 3 for us. Didn’t start stims until day 5 this cycle (usually start day 2-3). In for next scan on 5th. We will probably do the 6 rounds of IUI we are allowed before moving to IVF. We are trying to do them all back to back but it’s getting a bit tiring already!

Good luck hopeful!
Emcbee

Postby Lyn17 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:06 am

Hi ladies,

Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. I want to hear about BFP’s this month.

IUI #3 is scheduled for Monday at 11am. MC after IUI #1 and we have a male factor issue. Praying this time it works because I am tired of the back to back IUI’s and being on meds. Plus I am out of all the expensive medications. Don’t want to be headed down IVF road either. Anyway I had 11 follicles but only 2 were mature on Friday’s scan. Might have 3 or 4 mature by Monday. Friday I came down with a little cold so I hope it doesn’t affect anything.
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lyn17 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:33 am

Ladies, just to switch things up a bit. I’m 36 TTC #1 for 12 months. On IUI #3. Husband has retrograde ejaculation. We live in Michigan. Just got married April 2017. Would love to have 2 kids. God willing twins would be awesome to get it all done at my age. Tell us a little bit about your story/journey?
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Wifetobe-2019 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:03 am

Round 2 for us. Day 5 of clomid and I’ve been super snappy and emotional, just like last time but I’ve been taking time out for myself to chill and do things I love like crochet and craft.
Baby dust and well wishes to all
Wifetobe-2019
Friend

Postby Emcbee » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Good luck Lyn & wifetobe!
I’m 32 TTC #1 for over a yr. I’m post cancer treatment (all good now), and husband has poor mobility/morphology but normal numbers. We are doing #3 of 6 that we are funded for but I’m getting tired of back to backs too. I suspect we are headed to IVF but fingers crossed IUI can do it!
Best wishes to all!
Emcbee

Postby Lyn17 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Wifetobe- I have read that clomid really messes with you. The doc alway put me on femara instead of clomid. I’m glad because I’m already emotional lol

Emcbee- I’m glad to hear you are all good now. Have you heard of Fertile Aid? It is supposed to help with motility and morphology. I will put the link below. Some local health stores have it. I fell like this will be our month. Lucky #3.

https://www.fairhavenhealth.com
Last edited by Lyn17 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulmoms » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 am

Wifetobe - Clomid really messed me up. It's a good thing I only took it for the one cycle.
Emcbee - back to back is exhausting! We took a break in February because it was starting to be a little to much for me.

I'm 40, TTC #1. Have been cycling since August 2017, 3 failed IUIs. I was hoping to be pregnant before I turned 40 in February but it didn't happen for us. My wife and I have been together for 2 years and we really want to grow our family. We live just outside Toronto, Canada.
This will be our 4th and last IUI and we won't be moving on to IVF if IUI's not successful because we just can't afford it. We've been looking into adoption too, so we're hopeful we will get our little one, one way or another :)
hopefulmoms

Postby KFinNY » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:48 am

Hi everyone! I thought I would jump in here. I just had IUI #4 on Saturday, March 3rd. My wife and I (I'm just a lesbian--no known fertility issues) tried 3 times last spring with no success, which was pretty tough. This time around I have been doing acupuncture for 4 months and we switched sperm donors.

I was a little upset that my scans showed only one big follicle before the IUI. On my third IUI last year I had four big ones. Oh well, fingers crossed!
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Wifetobe-2019 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Thank you Emcbee and to you too. I’m keeping busy with my crochet, a blanket for my very lucky pregnant best friend, she had endometriosis and is 40 but ended up pregnant and married in one year :)

Emcbee wrote:Good luck Lyn & wifetobe!
I’m 32 TTC #1 for over a yr. I’m post cancer treatment (all good now), and husband has poor mobility/morphology but normal numbers. We are doing #3 of 6 that we are funded for but I’m getting tired of back to backs too. I suspect we are headed to IVF but fingers crossed IUI can do it!
Best wishes to all!
Wifetobe-2019
Friend

Postby Lyn17 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:44 am

Hopeful- I’m praying that this is lucky #4. I totally understand. My husband and I are on IUI #3 and we plan on this being our last IUI. Can’t afford IVF so this one has to work. By the way I love Toronto

KFinNY- welcome. It only takes one follicle. I take a couple of Gonal f i he ruins to help make more follicles. But maybe because I’m 36. Do they give you injections?

My IUI was yesterday at 11am. Husbands sperm count came in the highest it’s ever came in 34,000 but post wash it was 5.2 million. I’m a bit worried with the nurse that did our IUI this time. Typically the physician assistant or charge nurse does our IUI. I really like the nurse and have a good relationship with her but she seem like she didn’t know exactly what she was doing with the IUI. She pulled the Sperm up the syringe and was having a hard time gettin it all in the syringe. So she dumped the sperm back in the holder got a new syringe and pulled the sperm through. I asked if she had does this before and she said yes. My husband has retrograde ejaculation where the Sperm go backwards and end up in urine so his count is low. They have to pull must sperm from his urine. We need all the sperm we can get. Feel like we lost some with her shuffling around syringes. Trying to be positive. But the entire thing just didn’t seem right. Am I over reacting? What are your thoughts? This didn’t happen before. IUI hurt this time never hurt before
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KFinNY » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:28 am

Lyn17 - Thanks! We looked into Gonal f, but our insurance won't cover it, so it's not an option right now. I was just on Letrozole and the trigger shot (like the other three tries). My one follicle was big and the donor sperm had great numbers, so I'm hopeful.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! The nurse sounds a bit odd, but it only takes one little swimmer :) If it's worrying you, you could always call the office and ask to speak to someone about it. I completely understand that you want everything to go perfectly and a hiccup like that can be really stressful. Keep us updated :)
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:18 am

I had bloodwork and an ultrasound this morning. The ultrasound showed one big follicle on my right side (20.5mm
). There are a couple of smaller ones on the left side; nothing to be excited about. I wish I had at least two good ones. Back tomorrow for another ultrasound.
My wife decided to try a new technique when injecting Monopure last night and it hurt like a mother!! It usually just stings, but last night it did hurt. She read injecting straight in as opposed to sideways hurt less, but that was definitely not the case for me. She felt so bad, lol!
hopefulmoms

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:25 am

Ugh, I understand your worry. Maybe some sperm did get lost in the whole syringe shuffle, but all you need is one! Don't be too concerned about it.

Lyn17 wrote:Hopeful- I’m praying that this is lucky #4. I totally understand. My husband and I are on IUI #3 and we plan on this being our last IUI. Can’t afford IVF so this one has to work. By the way I love Toronto

KFinNY- welcome. It only takes one follicle. I take a couple of Gonal f i he ruins to help make more follicles. But maybe because I’m 36. Do they give you injections?

My IUI was yesterday at 11am. Husbands sperm count came in the highest it’s ever came in 34,000 but post wash it was 5.2 million. I’m a bit worried with the nurse that did our IUI this time. Typically the physician assistant or charge nurse does our IUI. I really like the nurse and have a good relationship with her but she seem like she didn’t know exactly what she was doing with the IUI. She pulled the Sperm up the syringe and was having a hard time gettin it all in the syringe. So she dumped the sperm back in the holder got a new syringe and pulled the sperm through. I asked if she had does this before and she said yes. My husband has retrograde ejaculation where the Sperm go backwards and end up in urine so his count is low. They have to pull must sperm from his urine. We need all the sperm we can get. Feel like we lost some with her shuffling around syringes. Trying to be positive. But the entire thing just didn’t seem right. Am I over reacting? What are your thoughts? This didn’t happen before. IUI hurt this time never hurt before
hopefulmoms

Postby Jennifer94 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:11 am

Hey! So good to see another lesbian trying to get pregnant and I wish you all the luck on getting a BFP.
Can I just ask a bit more about your story as I’m 25 no known fertility issues and both optimistic and pessimistic about starting my first iui and would just like to know more about your story. x
Jennifer94
Friend

Next

Return to IUI