March IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: March IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:41 am

Hey ladies! I'm 4 dpiui and feeling well. The progesterone makes me sweat at night so I wake up a few times from it. That, and the daylight saving time change have made me extra sleepy this morning.
Usually the first week of the tww is easier for me. It is during the second week when I start obsessing with every little thing I feel in my body and wondering if what I feel is pregnancy related, pms or just anxiety. This is our last try, so I might be a bit more anxious than normal next week.
I wish you all a lovely week!
hopefulmoms

Postby goldietarheel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:53 am

KFinNY -- I was planning to try to hold out until Sunday (11 dpo) to test, but I do think I will get antsy and test at 9 dpo. I bought a pack of three tests, so I was thinking I'd do one or two early and save the other for a few days after my period is expected.

I know it's only 5 dpo (well, 5 dpiui) for me, but I just got very, very light pink bleeding when I went to the bathroom. I know this could mean a number of things, but it's definitely making me even more anxious! AF isn't due until March 20, and this coloring doesn't look anything like my usual period spotting before I start (usually it's brown-ish). Otherwise, though, no symptoms to speak of at this point. Just waiting! Continued luck to you all!
goldietarheel

Postby KFinNY » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:26 am

goldietarheel - I think spotting can be a number of things. It might be too early for implantation bleeding, but it happened to me during one of my IUIs and it turns out I was hitting my cervix with my progesterone suppositories (Endometrin). Not sure if you're on that, but just a thought!
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goldietarheel » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:03 pm

KFinNY -- Maybe I hit my cervix with the applicator for the Monistat I'm taking for my yeast infection. That makes a lot more sense, as I've had some bleeding from hitting my cervix before. How long after inserting the suppositories did you experience the bleeding?
goldietarheel

Postby Jennifer94 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:38 pm

I know it’s so good to see as I have had some guilt about whether my child (when I have one!) will feel any different than children with heterosexual parents or if it will be the only child at school with 2 mums so it’s so reassuring to see other gay people trying to conceive.
Can I ask what age you are? And if you had wanted to do meds could you have chosen to do so?
Keep me posted about your iui and I really hope you get your BFP
Jennifer94
Friend

Postby KFinNY » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:40 pm

goldietarheel- Hmm I'm not sure. Maybe a day or two?

Jennifer94- I'm 31 (started IUIs when I was 30). I've done medicated cycles--Letrozole and the trigger shot-- each time. On my 3rd IUI I wanted to up the meds and use injectables, but my insurance wouldn't cover it.

Are any of you guys using meds now?
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulmoms » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:56 am

Jennifer94 - I just turned 40. I did my first cycle without any meds, then the doctor determined I ovulate early but eggs are not mature enough so I did letrozole on my second try, and menopur on my 3rd and my 4th. Ovidrel every cycle the day before my IUIs. I wish I had done menopur since the very beginning as it has worked for me in terms of helping my eggs mature.
I think your child will feel different, but the point is making sure they know being different is completely ok.
hopefulmoms

Postby goldietarheel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 am

Jennifer94 -- I'm 33, and we could have used meds if we wanted, but we chose not to on the first try to keep costs down. I was actually surprised that our fertility clinic gave us that option easily because our friends used another local clinic and they weren't really offered that option at all. I suspect meds will be a factor for us down the road, though, either with subsequent attempts TTC #1, or with TTC #2 after I hit 35.
goldietarheel

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:29 am

Morning ladies, I usually don’t test until at least 13DPO. But I could not help myself and test tested this morning at 10dpo with first response and got a faint positive. I am in shock. My blood test is Monday. Should I test again 12dpo (Saturday)and tell my husband or just wait until Monday?
Attachments
C01018DA-810D-4415-A494-77771D2826E0.jpeg
C01018DA-810D-4415-A494-77771D2826E0.jpeg (115.24 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby hopefulmoms » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:34 am

Lyn17 that's amazing!!! I would test again Saturday :D . Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
hopefulmoms

Postby goldietarheel » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:40 am

Lyn17 -- Yay! Happy dancing for you. I agree with hopefulmoms that you should test again Saturday to see if it gets darker. And I'd tell the husband, too!
goldietarheel

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:37 am

Ok ladies. Thank you. I will keep you posted.
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KFinNY » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:56 am

Lyn17 - Congratulations!
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:58 am

Yay! congrats Lyn17. Keep us posted. I need positive news.

Had IUI #3 yesterday. Seems a few of us are on number 3. Wow. Let's all have success this month! I am doubling down this month. I started acupuncture last week. Had a treatment Tuesday night and Wednesday morning after the IUI. Additionally I started the circle and bloom medication serious around day 8 (coupon code BLOOM17 for 15% off). I find it very relaxing actually. Finally, I booked a last minute 30 minute Reiki session yesterday. The practitioner was relatively new to Reiki but he was so sweet about my IUI and said he was honored to be a part of my process, he made me very comfortable. I'll keep doing the acupuncture.

Just for giggles I ate half a pineapple yesterday and today, taking care to chew on the core. Also for giggles, a friends grandmother said that if you sleep with a hat under the pillow during conception, you will have a boy. I don't care about the gender of my baby, but for fun I slept with my pink pussy hat and a white hat under the pillow.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Emcbee » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Congratulations Lyn!
Good luck to everyone. I’m 6dpiui today. Let’s hope for more BFPs this month!
Emcbee

PreviousNext

Return to IUI