March IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: March IUI

Postby Wifetobe-2019 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:05 am

I’m out :( #2 didn’t work so I’m over to the IVF bus. Super nervous right now, this is our last chance for a while but still so so scared.
Wifetobe-2019
Friend

Postby Emcbee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:49 am

So sorry wifetobe. Good luck with IVF!
We are scheduled for IVF in August. Decided to try IUI again. 4th back to back! Been for baseline scan and bloods today, start stimming again tomorrow
Emcbee

Postby Wifetobe-2019 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:40 am

Emcbee wrote:So sorry wifetobe. Good luck with IVF!
We are scheduled for IVF in August. Decided to try IUI again. 4th back to back! Been for baseline scan and bloods today, start stimming again tomorrow

Good luck Emcbee
Wifetobe-2019
Friend

Postby enigm8a » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:22 am

iui #3 failed. i'm so sad. i really went above and beyond this month to be as successful as possible. at what point do i start to consider ivf? i'm 36 gay woman with no known fertility issues.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KFinNY » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:00 pm

enigm8a - I'm so sorry for you. :( It is so hard to know when to move on to IVF. What are you thinking? Is IVF financially possible for you?

I am also a lesbian (about to turn 32) with no known fertility issues. IUI#4 just failed so we are moving on to #5. Our insurance requires 12 self pay IUIs before they will cover anything (even injectable meds), so we're just going to keep chugging along.
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby GavNel » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 pm

hello ladies
I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck going forward with your treatment. My wife and I (both 27 f) are at the end of our IUI journey with no success. My wife has no know fertility issues and HSG was all clear. We had 6 attempts, back to back with 2 donors, first 3 rounds with letrozol and trigger, then the last 3 with gonal-f and trigger. We are gutted but trying to look forward to IVF. Unfortunately to qualify for IVF my wife's BMI needs to be below 30 (currently about 32) so we are about to undertake a health kick & take a well deserved holiday from this emotional roller coaster we have been on for the last 6 months. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for you all!!
GavNel
Friend

Postby enigm8a » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:41 am

sadly, my insurance is garbage and covers almost nothing. it doesn't even cover the IUI's. Though thankfully it covers the monitoring. So no IVF coverage regardless of how many times I try. I recently purchased a home so much of my savings went towards that. Aside from the financial consideration, I don't think I'm ready for the emotional toll of IVF. I know it's only been three times and folks try for so long without success but I'm tired. I had two lucky friend who got pregnant from their first IUI. One was in her late 20's and one was 34. I know it was luck but it makes me feel like there is something wrong with me.

I have an appt with my dr tomorrow to discuss options. I feel like she's going to push IVF. ug.

Thank you KFinNY and GavNel for your kind words and insights into your own experience. It really helps. I'm sending you lots of love and support as you continue with your journeys.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby KFinNY » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:07 am

So I just went in for a monitoring appt and they decided I was ready to trigger for IUI #5 tomorrow. This is only day 10 of my cycle and my last IUI was March 3. It seems so fast! I had one follicle that was about 22mm. I’m just nervous. Day 10 seems so early.
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:41 am

KFinNY wrote:So I just went in for a monitoring appt and they decided I was ready to trigger for IUI #5 tomorrow. This is only day 10 of my cycle and my last IUI was March 3. It seems so fast! I had one follicle that was about 22mm. I’m just nervous. Day 10 seems so early.

I went in this morning on day 12. Two follicles, 24.7/15.3, on the right side. The biggest one yet. I'm expecting they'll call me today that I should trigger tonight. IUI #4 ...

they say the size does not matter much unless it is too small. But I wonder if it's good news that one of them is over 24?

no clue. trying to stay positive.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to IUI