HELP! IUI after Ovulation (could be 18 hours!)

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

HELP! IUI after Ovulation (could be 18 hours!)

Postby minnedust » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:46 pm

I am gearing up for my first IUI tomorrow at 9:45am...we have MFI and have to use donor sperm.

Yesterday morning I had a negative OPK. This morning at 5:15am and again at 9am I had a positive OPK! I had on/off cramps for a few days and this morning on/off poking/stabbing pain in my left side. (EWCM the last 4 days) - Temp was not high this morning.

The pains on the left side picked up this afternoon and getting more intense. I did have a few today on the right side but more dominantly its been on the left. I swear at one point I felt a pop at like 2pm. Now I was obviously expecting I'd ovulate tomorrow (or tonight at the absolute earliest) - could it really have happened so soon (5 hours after my last positive OPK, 9 after the first) ?!

That would put me at around 18-19 hours after ovulation for an IUI. I am doing an unmedicated/unmonitored cycle as I have no fertility issues. Sooooo I really won't know unless they tell me tomorrow I've already ovulated.

Ugh, way too in my head!
minnedust

Re: HELP! IUI after Ovulation (could be 18 hours!)

Postby Danaa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:01 pm

Ovulation happens 12-36h after ur positive opks.Whta kind of tests are you using?the cheapies I use ask for
Afternoon urine and not morning urine.As for the ovulation pains,I get them before I Ovulate and during and even after ovulation.
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a very early loss,chemical pregnancy.
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 MMC at the 10 weeks ultrasound.
FET#4 2018
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: HELP! IUI after Ovulation (could be 18 hours!)

Postby minnedust » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:08 pm

Easy @ Home! I have never tested using afternoon urine - always get my positives in the morning. I never sleep through the night so usually the longest my urine has been held is 5 hours. Today is cycle day 16 so it's right on par with my luteal phase of 11 days.

When I got it at 5am I wanted to make sure it wasn't a false positive and then waited until 9am w/o drinking and got another positive!

I am hoping its just pre-o pains, since posting this I have had more pain on the other side which left me hopeful that it hasn't happened yet. Although they do want to time the IUI ideally right after ovulation..I'd feel a lot more comfortable with a few hours vs up to the point where the egg is almost done for!
minnedust

Return to IUI